It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Skeletons, Skulls, Fish, and a strange "W" on the horizon... from Curiosity.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by smurfy
ArMap, most of them don't look like definable rocks to me, they look like very fine aggregate, however a posted camera over a period of time would be definitive, NASA could have done that easily.

A rock is an aggregate of minerals or mineraloids.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yes, I know that, a rock can be an aggregate of just one mineral I suppose. Okay, what I'm saying is what we're looking at in most of the pictures, is clumps of congealed 'sand' or 'dust' just hard enough to maintain a shape. Jump on it, and it would crumble.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

well, arken, that "w" you mentioned looked like a mouth on a face complete with eye features...the symmetry is astonishing.

it may be what remains of some kind of statue. good job

s&f

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Amusing that there is still not one comment by the rock crowd on the army helmet looking artifact. I dare say they can't handle the truth at this point if they don't comment on it and acknowledge, that up until now, no one rock has been found to look like a WWII infantry helmet. The silence is telling.

I commend you for your tireless efforts Arken!
edit on 25-2-2013 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If I have OCD for giving my opinion they are just rocks, then you must have OCD for giving your opinion they are fossils. Take a look at your posting history, hardly the first time you've mentioned it

edit on 25-2-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

What is it, exactly, that you're trying to imply? That this is an alien war helmet?

There is no comment from the "rock" crowd because it's a completely inconclusive picture of something that resembles something on Earth. As has been pointed out dozens of times, this "a thing looks a bit like a thing therefore it's that thing and not a rock" game is a bit silly.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

What is it, exactly, that you're trying to imply? That this is an alien war helmet?

There is no comment from the "rock" crowd because it's a completely inconclusive picture of something that resembles something on Earth. As has been pointed out dozens of times, this "a thing looks a bit like a thing therefore it's that thing and not a rock" game is a bit silly.

That your not willing to accept what your eyes see I suppose it as if it could be a hammer swinging for your head and you're gonna miss it until the pain overwhelms you.May not be a helmet but what the hell do you think so I can digest that from you without thinking your just an ostrich not wanting to know the truth.

I think this shape is extraordinary. You've basically stated "nothing to see here, don't believe your lying eyes".

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Okay, it doesn't deserve such analysis, but here it is anyway. The "point" on the helmet is just an illusion caused by shadow, it's simply a shadow. You cannot see inside the "helmet", so there is no good reason to assume it is hollowed out. So what we have is merely a half-circular rock with a ridge on the edge, and your mind and imagination has done the rest and conjured up images of absurd alien battles upon the Martian surface.

I hope this helps, it's just an amusingly shaped rock.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Okay, it doesn't deserve such analysis, but here it is anyway. The "point" on the helmet is just an illusion caused by shadow, it's simply a shadow. You cannot see inside the "helmet", so there is no good reason to assume it is hollowed out. So what we have is merely a half-circular rock with a ridge on the edge, and your mind and imagination has done the rest and conjured up images of absurd alien battles upon the Martian surface.

I hope this helps, it's just an amusingly shaped rock.

And you're amusing in your efforts to discredit what my/our eyes all see.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

To add to the above, if you look at the shadow, the "helmet's" roundedness is probably an illusion too, as they shadow appears to show a vaguely rectangular shape. Grow up, man.

link   
In fairness to both sides. Curiosity needs to look at this stuff and end the debate once and for all. Not slink away every time something interesting is on the horizon as they seem to be doing on artifact like 'rocks'.

link   

I am simply applying basic critical thinking skills.

What do you have in support of this being something other than a rock, besides it looking a bit "weird" at first glance?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman

I think this shape is extraordinary. You've basically stated "nothing to see here, don't believe your lying eyes".

Your eyes are deceiving you. Look at the shadow.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

To add to the above, if you look at the shadow, the "helmet's" roundedness is probably an illusion too, as they shadow appears to show a vaguely rectangular shape. Grow up, man.

Probably not an illusion is my experience in the field of environmental science. I see that image in a fire pit area I am assuming an illegal burn occurred and will take that photo to the judge after I investigate closer. All in the course of my duties responding to the citizen's complaints of a potential illegal burn.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

A closer look will reveal that even the "ridge" of the "helmet" is a simple illusion caused by shadow.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What use would environmental science be in identifying an optical illusion in a photograph, caused by shadowing?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

A closer look will reveal that even the "ridge" of the "helmet" is a simple illusion caused by shadow.

I see an oval/circular shape with a very defined edge and 90% angle where lip turns. You see sharper angles?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What use would environmental science be in identifying an optical illusion in a photograph, caused by shadowing?

I have to take pics of the site and hand them to a judge I don't bring a bunch of trash in. You are deflecting. I would like to thank your for making a stab at it the others didn't. Kudos to you and we can agree to disagree, if that is ok.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I have to take pics of the site and hand them to a judge I don't bring a bunch of trash in.

You haven't told me what you are impying this is, yet. Think about the logic of suggesting this is an alien helmet, for instance. If this was such an object that could survive the environment over such a period of time, the ground would literally be covered with such artifacts. If this was a battle ground, we should expect to see dozens of similar objects all over the place in other shots.

You notice it's always one of something? None of the fossils could be from the same creature, every time there is an artifact it's in isolation, there are never a bunch of guns or something visible in the same area, they are always different objects that vaguely resemble something we have seen on Earth.

Why is this? Because random processes are at work here. These are eroded rocks, not the remnants of some advanced alien civilization that has disappeared from the landscape entirey save a single WWI helmet.

Either all trace of this civilization would have been lost aside from fossils, or there would be evidence of structures absolutely everywhere, not a bunch of rocks with one solitary helmet. That's ridiculous. Where are the buildings, the technology, the tools, the ships?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

On the shadow? Absolutely. Dunno what you are looking at.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I have to take pics of the site and hand them to a judge I don't bring a bunch of trash in.

You haven't told me what you are impying this is, yet. Think about the logic of suggesting this is an alien helmet, for instance. If this was such an object that could survive the environment over such a period of time, the ground would literally be covered with such artifacts. If this was a battle ground, we should expect to see dozens of similar objects all over the place in other shots.

You notice it's always one of something? None of the fossils could be from the same creature, every time there is an artifact it's in isolation, there are never a bunch of guns or something visible in the same area, they are always different objects that vaguely resemble something we have seen on Earth.

Why is this? Because random processes are at work here. These are eroded rocks, not the remnants of some advanced alien civilization that has disappeared from the landscape entirely save a single WWI helmet.

Here is what I think. Random processes, yes. Yet random don't normally make a lot of these features that the "it is just a rock just like bunny's in the clouds" crowd seems to think. Normally they look like nothing and some take some shape. Many of these with shapes turn out to be actual fossils, is may experience working with licensed Geologists, though I am an environmental chemist.

Apparently, something bad happened to Mar's atmosphere and killed all big life.

I say that because there is reason to believe water was there and microbes where there. Therefore, my observations that "natural processes would create big life" is a valid theory.Since we both know that, we can agree it IS possible that big life existed, or are you just taking the old 'no life ever on Mars' argument to it's bitter end? I am convinced that some on here want to know the truth wherever it leads us and unconvincingly dismissing them all is a big fail for fellow scientist studying in the field.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join