It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Skeletons, Skulls, Fish, and a strange "W" on the horizon... from Curiosity.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Why WOULDN'T they look vaguely similar?

What do you know about life on other planets?

I will share with you some of what I know...

Mars once had water and may have been able to support life.

Meteors hitting a planet can eject material, including microbial life, out into space. This material can land on other planets and moons.

Life on two different planets that began from the same genetic pathway, might just be vaguely similar...

Is that really "rediculous"?

The real problem here is that nobody knows the answer, so those who are the most wrong are those who ridicule the opposing side the most and those who are the most insistent that they are right. As for me, I'm saying its a possibility. You cannot really punch holes in an argument like that...

Your ilk on the other hand... You are behaving as if you exist in a reality where you have been to mars or otherwise confirmed the truth or fallacy of Arken's proposal... Let me be the first to tell you that I do not believe you if you are saying you have been to Mars or otherwise confirmed the truth or fallacy behind Arken's proposals. And if you believe you have, well, then all of you need to seek some kind of help. Maybe a counselor, or a priest could help. I'm also a pretty good listener, if you'd like to discuss these adventures of yours. I would love to hear all about your travels to mars or any other place that you believe you've been.

I mean, seriously bud... The way some of you guys get all worked up about this stuff and pretending as if you have knowledge that is impossible for anyone to have...maybe you got some stuff you need to get off your chest. I'm here for you... I know life is stressful sometimes. You got bills to pay... The world's going to Hell... Random people on the internet are having discussions about life on mars... I know...it gets to be too much sometimes. And that's when your mind starts to slip... Just a little at first. But before long, just knowing that there are people having these crazy discussions as if there's nothing wrong with it, as if they're not hurting anybody...well, eventually you just snap and your mind gives you these false memories that you've been on all these missions, to mars and all kinds of places...and then you go on the internet and make a total clown out of yourself by making wild proclamations as if you've personally journeyed across the universe, when all the other people are saying is "hey, look at that. looks kinda like a fossil. that would be cool. sure looks like one. maybe one day we will find out for sure..." I get it, bro. That kind of open-minded discussion just infuriates the heck outta people like you. It's ok though. We can talk it out... Just close your eyes and imagine a giant poster of Hitler. Just imagine that Hitler won the war and free thinking isnt allowed anymore. That's your utopia right? Your happy place? That's right...go to your happy place. Just picture the stacks of bodies of people who dared to say "what if?" You can almost smell the burning flesh. Refreshing, isnt it? Hey look, I think that's Arken and his buddies over there. I guess they finally got what was coming to them after they dared to wonder about fossils on mars. Yeah, that makes you real happy, doesn't it? You've got a big smile on your face just thinking of all your enemies burning, Hitler in charge, yep everything is the way it should be, isnt it? No people on ats speaking their minds freely... In fact there's no ats at all. There's only one website and it contains all the information the people need to know. And it clearly...CLEARLY stated... that there is no life on mars, and if there ever was, it was just microbes. Why can't people just...LISTEN AND OBEY WHAT THEY ARE TOLD BY THE GOVERNMENT??? Life would be so much simpler then... Oh well, maybe someday people will realize that you are right and believe that you've been to mars. Until then, you just gotta keep on fighting the good fight. Good luck man. Go get em.

Our first session is over. Please pm me if you'd like to go further into your mind to root out these issues before they become serious. You must be well versed in sarcasm or else it won't work. For example, that stuff about Hitler was just me attacking your character by assuming you'd be happy in a world like that, but of course I don't really think that. I was just over exaggerating my opinion of your ideals as you have expressed them. In other words, your a horrible person, but not THAT horrible. You can be fixed with a proper regiment of my brand of no nonsense, tough love with emphasis on the love. But first, you see, we must break down your ego. You can't just walk around acting as if you know everything, ok? All of humanity's knowledge combined is not even enough to register a measurement if there were any such device to detect such a thing. And you are only 1 HUMAN. Get it?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Impressive and meaningful comment!

Think about it.

Stars.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Crack up!

And you... Well, you just really do not get out much, do you? That seriously made you crack up? Seriously? I have a really hard time believing that you were laughing at all, let alone hard enough to facilitate the use of that many lol faces and hahas... In fact, I would wager that the only smile you had on your face was from imagining the potential of your post to inflict pain on another human being who had done nothing to harm you. We all know that, in general,it is painful for anyone to be laughed at, or have their ideas laughed at after they opened up to share with others. And we all know some people, knowing this, will use laughter as a weapon of ridicule. Way to go brother. Way to take the high road. Way to live up to your username. Way to represent humanity...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

ETA: believing in life elsewhere in the universe has no bearing on the recognition of rocks, splendid rant though, i'm here for you if you need me

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Maybe this is what Mars really looks like: www.360cities.net...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by Arken

I really appreciate you enthusiasm. And I'm glad you want to believe.
But rocks are only rocks. They are not fossils just because you believe them to be so, or because you think they look like something.

Unless Mt. Rushmore really is the burial site for the 4 giants we had as presidents here in America?

You apparantly dont know what a fossil is. they look like rock, feel like rock, and in many cases actually are rocks... but rocks with imprints or hardened bone....

Best comment so far. But omg his mount rushmore joke was so hilarious and on the money...not!
Isn't it awesome that you can wrap your rude insults inside a bunch of polite mumbo jumbo and its perfectly allowed? I mean, seriously, how DARE you belittle Arken with your little "mount Rushmore" comment?! I'm perfectly disgusted right here at this juncture, I do declare!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have been following Arken's threads and I have not commented but have S&F his OP's because what he presents is interesting but I have no clue what it is we are looking at.

However, what I find more interesting are all the posters in his threads who absolutely are convinced they know exactly what it is on the surface of Mars.

I may be reaching here but if I did not know any better, I would swear there are a whole slew of people threatened by the mere thought of life actually existing outside of our little rock.

Personally, that is why I believe TPTB deem we are not ready for the news on a grand scale of life outside of what we as a whole perceive as reality.

We, as a culture are not ready for such news, our beliefs, whatever yours may be based on, whether it be religion or science based both strongly reject such claims.

Arken's threads are a testament to this belief just as there are people who KNOW that the earth is only 6000 years old, just as there are people who KNOW the age the pyramids were built, just as there are people who KNOW life cannot exist outside of this planet, there are people who KNOW that these are just rocks ...

Regardless, we are just not ready to know anything that would destabilize our beliefs.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Congratulations. You passed the test, and now we can be friends.

And now that I know what Godwin's Law is (thank you), I can inform you that I did not compare you to Hitler or Nazis. I compared you to someone who might find themselves feeling right at home living under Nazi rule. You see, in my little story, you were not the one burning bodies, but more of a casual observer. Of course we can debate the degrees of complicity in silence or inaction all day long. The fact is, Godwin's Law refers strictly to the comparing of ones opponent to Hitler or Nazis. I appreciate the effort though, more than you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

damn, you replied just as i added a minor comment... you got godwin's law slightly wrong, but thats cool.
awesome over reaction too in your first reply, but thats cool too.
and it's still a dolphig.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Unless Mt. Rushmore really is the burial site for the 4 giants we had as presidents here in America?

Bad analogy...unless you think Mt. Rushmore is just a rock that happens to look like people?

Arken, the image you labelled as 'fish head' i've found before...but it's a pretty good match for the skull of one or two species of whale.

See the loops at the bottom?

A good match for the 'fish head'.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Tardacus
I guess fossils are a lot like abstract art, you could show some people a fossil, tell them it`s a fossil and they would still "just see a rock" show them an abstract art piece, tell them what it represents and they would still just see a bunch of different colors smeared on a canvas.

There's a difference, abstract art is supposed to be abstract, a fossil from what was once a living being is supposed to follow some "rules" for the type of being that it was, it's not something abstract, it has specific characteristics that made that being part of a species.

But yes, it's just a question of interpretation.

It doesn`t mean they are right, it doesn`t mean they are wrong, it just means that they see what they want to see, if they want to see a rock then they will see a rock.

While those that want to see a fossil will see a fossil, even if they have never had a real fossil on their hands.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hello.

I have posted an update with interesting info on your prev. post about the Vertebrae photos on page 33.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Terminal case of pareidolia here, the only remedy is a large dose of reality, to be taken twice daily for a month.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That birdish one next to the "w" looks like it has an arm on it with the hand resting at the left hand base of the "w". A statue of the Egyptian God Thoth? Anyway good post, I think some of those "rocks" look a lot like skulls.

edit on 25-2-2013 by korath because: Put the word rocks in quotations

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Damn...
How many times do you repeat the same song?

Terminal case of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) here. The only remedy is a large dose of sertralin once a day, to the morning or the evening. If you have doubts you must consult your Doctor.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intermediator313
Hello.

I have posted an update with interesting info on your prev. post about the Vertebrae photos on page 33.

Thank you for that. I see now.
Stars

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Arken, the image you labelled as 'fish head' i've found before...but it's a pretty good match for the skull of one or two species of whale.

See the loops at the bottom?

A good match for the 'fish head'.

Very very interesting feature!

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You must be getting me confused with someone else. I have only ever responded to two of your threads, and in the first one I was merely complaining about your dodgy highlighting.

So no OCD here, but pariedolia is pariedolia.

For the record, I enjoy your threads, they are extremely entertaining, I am simply giving my analysis of the pictures just as you are!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Originally posted by Arken

The Cup on Sol 3[/url]

This looks like a bung or bell cover, i wonder how big it is and if its hollow.

Love and harmony
Whateva

Why no one who thinks these are rocks have been silent about this up until now is a mystery to me?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
reply to post by Arken

You must be getting me confused with someone else. I have only ever responded to two of your threads, and in the first one I was merely complaining about your dodgy highlighting.

So no OCD here, but pariedolia is pariedolia.

For the record, I enjoy your threads, they are extremely entertaining, I am simply giving my analysis of the pictures just as you are!

21 posts with the same song: "they are rocks"

So maybe paredolia, but OCD is OCD.

For the record: me and other members are aware that for you these are only.............hmmmm let me think a moment........................ Rocks?
Yes rocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join