It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Skeletons, Skulls, Fish, and a strange "W" on the horizon... from Curiosity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I really enjoy your posts Arken. S&F

I believe that Mars has had life, and may still harbor life. We may very well be seeing fossils. I know there is enough storm activity and blowing sand that these objects could easily be uncovered, and heck recovered.

I think Mars is a way station anyways.

The interesting question is - if we find life on Mars - will we leave it alone? As we should. Or will it be - lets get over there and see what we can take of it, for ourselves. I'm betting the latter if our past is any indication of what we might do.

Then what happens if when we get there and all life is dead because we infected the planet with earth microbes! What if, we killed life off long ago, sending our toy robots there for what? How many years now? Since the 70's?

Perhaps the only life we find there, is the life that erupted from our dirty hands, surviving the vacuum of space to thrive once the rovers touch down on Mars...

Just oddball thoughts...

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I love your threads Arken. If only NASA was as enthusiastic as you at finding out what these are.

If they think they know what they are they are not going to lose time looking more into it.

These look too much like rocks for that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 24/2/2013 by ArMaP because: added the "mod" thingy

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello Arken!

Thanks for authoring this thread for us. I do appreciate the obvious work and time consumed to create threads as this. I know it isn't always easy to locate images of bones and skulls that can illustrate what you are trying to point out in the Mars/Curiosity images.

These threads always bring out those who believe the objects in point are nothing more than curiously shaped rocks, weathered and worn. They may very well be correct for the majority, but that doesn't mean they are absolutely correct- no matter how likely.

The problem I have always had with claiming the 'bones' are nothing more than rocks is the fact that the rocks are very, very suspicious, yet they garner little consideration or deconstruction from those who are set in their way - the way of 'No Way'.

I think the standard, 'they are rocks', response stems from other ideas some people have developed over the course of their interest in mysterious subject matter and general conspiracy theory. That can be too bad, because, to fully understand and identify the newly revealed objects found on an entirely different planet, we need every single person to look closely at each item we're presented.

It would be nice to see the standard, 'It's rocks' answer, shelved, only used as a last resort, after all other options and considerations have been exhausted.

As with UFO Sightings, it only takes one authentic object to bring the mountain of disbelief crashing down.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
To those that say "Rocks, rocks and more rocks", you are making an assumption based on the level of your imagination.

So are those that say that these things are fossils.

We are a tiny spec in time so please dont allow you ego to persuade you that you always know best.

Thinking that all you see must be something extraordinary because you don't know what it is it's not the way of doing it either.

Also, don't let your own ego assume that people with a different opinion do it because of their ego, they most likely do it because they think in a different way, ego has nothing to do with it (or at least it shouldn't).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Not a personal attack,but this is naive. Do you really think the government (via NASA) would really admit to the rest of the world (let alone) the American people, that they found life on Mars? They know it would disrupt their power structure if this little tidbit caused a rewrite of science, religion, etc. as it's been established.

How?

Do you really think they would want to share this knowledge with Russia and China and start a costly "space race" with our already floundering national economy. And who's to say their budget wouldn't be "blown through the roof" without our knowledge if they did so through an increase in a "black project" budget?

What about ESA?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Some people really thinks that nasa wouldnt be controlled by higher ups and its totally independent,and untouchable by any influence?

Cool story bro...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Arken

The last two cases (the "fish head" and the "W") are different from the other cases, as they look too small to get a real idea of their shape.

Could you please post those images at their real size, that would help to get an idea if we are looking at the real image or at the result of the resizing/resampling algorithm.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I love your threads Arken. If only NASA was as enthusiastic as you at finding out what these are.

If they think they know what they are they are not going to lose time looking more into it.

These look too much like rocks for that.

ArMap, most of them don't look like definable rocks to me, they look like very fine aggregate, however a posted camera over a period of time would be definitive, NASA could have done that easily.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

I'm pretty sure the McDonald's on Mars is still open. I've heard they serve beer there, unlike the one on the moon.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
ArMap, most of them don't look like definable rocks to me, they look like very fine aggregate, however a posted camera over a period of time would be definitive, NASA could have done that easily.

A rock is an aggregate of minerals or mineraloids.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

The Cup on Sol 3[/url]

This looks like a bung or bell cover, i wonder how big it is and if its hollow.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i truly believe that if you look for something, you'll find it. of all the similar posts of this nature i haven't been convinced of anything but i'm sure if a human archeology team was actually on mars and dug deep enough i'm sure they'd find real fossils of living creatures because mars was earth-like back in the day right? maybe it was stable enough, long enough to achieve life? we'll know more once we get there i guess and i was under the assumption that this was kinda common knowledge so why would nasa bother to "hide" any pictures or info? pictures of crashed alien spaceships maybe but not fossilized life i wouldn't think.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

And they are rocks just because you believe them to be rocks? We don't know what they are, they don't just LOOK like rocks. They do look very much like a skeleton or fossils. Just because mars contains rocks doesn't mean that its rocks and rocks only on there. If NASA only thought rocks would be on Mars, they would have never sent a rover to explore it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15We don't know what they are, they don't just LOOK like rocks. They do look very much like a skeleton or fossils.

That's where I disagree, as to me they look more like common rocks than fossils.

Just because mars contains rocks doesn't mean that its rocks and rocks only on there. If NASA only thought rocks would be on Mars, they would have never sent a rover to explore it.

They would, after all, they sent several manned missions to the Moon, and the possibility of finding something besides rocks was smaller than on Mars.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I guess fossils are a lot like abstract art, you could show some people a fossil, tell them it`s a fossil and they would still "just see a rock" show them an abstract art piece, tell them what it represents and they would still just see a bunch of different colors smeared on a canvas.
It doesn`t mean they are right, it doesn`t mean they are wrong, it just means that they see what they want to see, if they want to see a rock then they will see a rock.

When my daughters were young i showed them pictures on the internet of stonehenge but they weren`t impressed all they saw was a pile of rocks.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

"The "No way" as you see it is why even if they brought a body back from Mars would be a conspiracy. People can't open their minds anymore. If the government say it isn't so it isn't. These keyboard warriors claim rocks for everything. No life experience. Everything learned behind a keyboard. Of course they claim they experience this, have this degree, or are archeologists of some sort. If you don't know a person personally, don't believe anything they say about their person.

Have a thread on here of someone actually showing him/here telescope view and finds. Then we have keyboard warriors. Debunking or proving everything! No evidence what so ever! Although they have some site to back it up or read this here or there.

Speculation is healthy. Being one way mind set isn't. Deny ignorance, don't embrace it with one way views.

If ever we go extinct. If ever there are other species that will find our species bones. Will we be rocks? I hope the public opinion if that were to happen be smarter then ours.

You will be rocks or dust one day. Learn from it.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Admittedly, I don't see much in these. But I have seen images that were very convincing. Enough that I think a very ancient civilization probably existed on Mars. If that's true, and yes, it's a big if. Then I would expect the remnants to be very hard to make out more often than not.

Even now that google earth is being used to find ancient sites on earth by some archaeologists. It takes a trained eye that knows what to look for. And since any ruins on Mars would likely be much older. I would expect it to be that much harder.

Keep looking, and keep sharing Arken. There are those of us who appreciate the effort, even if we can't always see what you're seeing. Sooner or later...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

As someone posted earlier. Trained eye wouldn't even be enough sir! Here on Earth we are still unable to determine if fossil or rock We need samples. We did land there for a reason. It is proven water use to be there. Why no life then as the debunkers say!? Wouldn't no to little pollutants or atmosphere be a good preservative for fossils?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrigue89

As someone posted earlier. Trained eye wouldn't even be enough sir! Here on Earth we are still unable to determine if fossil or rock We need samples. We did land there for a reason. It is proven water use to be there. Why no life then as the debunkers say!? Wouldn't no to little pollutants or atmosphere be a good preservative for fossils?

Good points.

We did land there for a reason.

Yes we did. There are days though, I find myself asking just what that reason is/was.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

There are more popular zones in Mars. I personally hope we landed there because someone thought under some circumstance that would be the best place for us to find something sir!

ETA: I also believe NASA needs funding. Public business, government financed. So, my belief is that if NASA did find something they would make it public. Even though they may be under government restriction of what they show it would be a good move to make it public. Even as corrupt as we are popular public opinion will sway government to shovel money into for a nice find. Even though the debunkers would be acting crazier then the moon landing!
edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join