It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Skeletons, Skulls, Fish, and a strange "W" on the horizon... from Curiosity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I'm sure JPL sees these formations. I can only hope that they take your enthasium and curiosity to heart. All they have to do is manauver over, and explore these formations close up. This would reveal if this is parodila or some martian fossil.
You endevor reminds me of an excellent past member, Zorgon. He is sorely missed, and I'm glad that you have stepped up to the plate.
SnF

JPL already Observe, Know, Study and Hush.

But this news if released "officially", will be tremendous, and all of us can understand the hidden and unforeseeable repercussions on various levels (Economic, Religious, Civil, Military, Energetic etc.)

Thanks for the comparison with Zorgon, but I'm nothing in front of him, "The Master".
And yes, he sorely missed many of us on ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
There are explorers and discoverers and then there are the people who just sit back and wait for the discoverers and explorers to deliver the wonders of the universe to them on a silver platter, neatly packaged with notarized proof.
keep exploring, looking and discovering.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you look at the clouds, or the acoustic on an old ceiling, or a skip troweled wall, you can see all kinds of designs; it's hard to believe they weren't purposely made to look like what you see. Before we believe there was ever any kind of life on mars we need empirical evidence. That's first hand scientific evidence. JPL and NASA are working on DNA sequencers for the next unmanned mars mission. Until then it's all just speculation.

Peripites

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When the human mind wants to see something then it can piece things together and organize then into a pattern it finds pleasing, even if it means turning shadows on rocks into fossils. Sorry, those are not fossils; but hopefully they find some
!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Don't let the nay-sayers discourage you. Your threads are really inspiring. Rocks are just rocks? Did you get a sample of these "rocks" from Mars and sample them? No? Ok then. Sure the first fossils we ever found was just "rocks" at one time. Keep up with your threads!

ETA: Star, I'd flag you if I could.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker347
ok.. i posted a picture of an object the same as your fish head on this thread, in August 2012, i think i cropped it from the first panorama from Curiousity. Here it is ...This object also seems to have the 2 hoops. Is that not like well weird or just a coincidence?

Interesting find.
I've missed your thread.

I've found this one on the Curiosity Sol 3...
The Cup on Sol 3

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
When the human mind wants to see something then it can piece things together and organize then into a pattern it finds pleasing, even if it means turning shadows on rocks into fossils. Sorry, those are not fossils; but hopefully they find some
!

Not even the worlds most renowned fossil experts can say for sure what is or isn`t a fossil (even fossils here on earth)based purely on looking at a picture, that`s why they go out and did them up. You can no more say that those are positively not fossils than the OP can say that they positively are.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by Arken

I really appreciate you enthusiasm. And I'm glad you want to believe.
But rocks are only rocks. They are not fossils just because you believe them to be so, or because you think they look like something.

Unless Mt. Rushmore really is the burial site for the 4 giants we had as presidents here in America?

Terrible, terrible analogy. Either you're saying Mt. Rushmore came about as a natural process of erossion, or you're saying the fossils amd head in Arken's post were fashioned to appear as they do by some intelligent beings. The sarcasm and auto-denial of your post is annoying as well. "And I'm glad you want to believe..." no, you're not, except maybe so that you can immediately declare that they're rocks, with some apparent level of mystical certainty.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great posts, personally I only see rocks. I don't think fossils are usually found laying on the ground, aren't they usually buried under layers of soil?

Did anyone notice the Skeksis to the left of the "W"? I wonder if there are Gelfling on Mars as well...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Never mind
edit on 24-2-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Haha, looks like a world war 2 helmet.
I guess at one point there was a huge marssacre there.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The one reminds me of this very small spot I found in one picture of mars, reminds me of a clamp or S hook.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I agree.It is nothing more then over worked imagination.Nice effort though.
But,all in all it's jut rocks.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

You are correct it was a bad analogy. Here's a link to some photos of natural rock formations. webecoist.momtastic.com...

I am truly sorry you are annoyed by my post. We can sit here arguing my motivations, but that would detract from the subject at hand.

I have no more "mystical certainty" than the OP. As such I took the counter argument to their proposal.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Or any proof that this is anything more than pareidolia.

Back on topic:
For the record, I have seen a few people state fossils are not at surface levels but buried. That is not the whole truth. Fossils are often found on the surface.
www.discoveringfossils.co.uk...

edit on 24-2-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: added second link if anyone wants to learn about fossils

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by seeker347
ok.. i posted a picture of an object the same as your fish head on this thread, in August 2012, i think i cropped it from the first panorama from Curiousity. Here it is ...This object also seems to have the 2 hoops. Is that not like well weird or just a coincidence?

Interesting find.
I've missed your thread.

I've found this one on the Curiosity Sol 3...
The Cup on Sol 3

To be honest this looks like a WWI helmet, but how did it get all the way to Mars

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Session13
Great posts, personally I only see rocks. I don't think fossils are usually found laying on the ground, aren't they usually buried under layers of soil?

Did anyone notice the Skeksis to the left of the "W"? I wonder if there are Gelfling on Mars as well...

This is San miguel Island of the California coast,

The sticky up things are delicate tree fossils, the ground is Mars like in some respects and much of the surface is a delicate type of Caliche rock, while some Caliche is also underground, likely seen in veins, and possibly from two different sources.

This is the Atacama desert, with fossils on the ground,

We need to get this right, those who say "I see rocks" could be just as mistaken as Arken could be in his view, I probably said it myself in other similar posts when I think I was looking at something more definable as a rock, or more so a hard rock, the red dust makes that a bit more difficult again. However that is something Arken also needs to consider, also he needs to consider the size of the artifacts in the pictures when making comparisons to Earth creatures and their fossils, and how much a ground fossil could actually be more rocky looking than the ground around it, and so on, all depending on the particular conditions that prevail.

edit on 24-2-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't know but seems like the W is a snake

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by dogstar23

You are correct it was a bad analogy. Here's a link to some photos of natural rock formations. webecoist.momtastic.com...

I am truly sorry you are annoyed by my post. We can sit here arguing my motivations, but that would detract from the subject at hand.

I have no more "mystical certainty" than the OP. As such I took the counter argument to their proposal.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Or any proof that this is anything more than pareidolia.

Back on topic:
For the record, I have seen a few people state fossils are not at surface levels but buried. That is not the whole truth. Fossils are often found on the surface.
www.discoveringfossils.co.uk...

edit on 24-2-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: added second link if anyone wants to learn about fossils

Fair enough, and my apologies for the snippy reply, just too many od the immediate dismissals who seem so sure they're correct piling up on me. Myself, i'm intrigued, but not convinced, and in some of these cases, I definitely cannot dismiss them. Anyhow, thank you for the calm and reasoned reply in the face of my annoyed-attitude reply to your initial reply on the thread. Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting post, but I agree with the majority here, those shapes that are formed naturally. As many point out, they can be found all of the world here on earth.

23 Bizarre Animal Shaped Rocks

If the rocks from the above link were on Mars, would you be making the same claims. I am guessing you would.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Arken you have done it again with your new photo well done

You have just proven what i've been saying for years this men are from Mars thing is nuts cos it seems to me women got there first big women just look at that breast plate wow lol
Sorry Arken i couldn't help that one
Well done again little one

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join