It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Skeletons, Skulls, Fish, and a strange "W" on the horizon... from Curiosity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Great and lucky day the 109th day on Mars for the NASA Rover. Dozens of anomalies came up from the Ancient Dry Lake of Gale Crater. As for my last thread Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!, even for this, Paleontologist need! Different locations, but same kind of anomalies: FOSSILS! There were some kind of gigantic acquatic creatures that, times ago, swam in that lake? NASA/JPL has detected these anomalies? These images came from Sol 109, 141, 64 and show, like in an ancient photography, the moment in which a luxuriant and terrible fauna it teemed those slimy waters. And "something strange" rise to the horizon...

Alligator Skeleton
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Compare with Sarcosuchus Imperator Skeleton (Smithsonian Museum)

Fossilized skulls

Compare

Saur/Alligator Skull
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Compare with alligator/crock skull

Other carcass

Jaw

Fish head

And a strange, big "W" and a Leonine head on the horizon...

+43 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I really appreciate you enthusiasm. And I'm glad you want to believe.
But rocks are only rocks. They are not fossils just because you believe them to be so, or because you think they look like something.

Unless Mt. Rushmore really is the burial site for the 4 giants we had as presidents here in America?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
All of those pictures looked like rocks to me. The last picture was quite interesting though.

The W was probably an old Mc Donalds M.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You know, ive seen amazing things in clouds too...

I really don't get the nasa hiding mars life conspiracy.

It makes no sense, it would be the greatest thing for Nasa if they found proof of life on mar, in a moment they would find their budget blown through the roof.

Hell when they do find life im going to be skeptical because its too perfect for them, suddenly nasa would be relevant again.

Might kick off a second space race.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Admittedly, some do indeed resemble fossils. However some are really reaching..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
OMG, theres a long neck turtle next to the W also. I respect the efforts you are making in these threads but to me they look nothing more than rock formations. Don't let my opinion discourage you though, I still believe that Mars was inhabited at some stage in the past and anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I guess before we can seriosuly consider the presense of fossils on Mars we need to find chemical signs of past life. We need to know that, in general, life did exist on Mars; then we can go looking at something and say "hey, is that a fossil there, let's take a look."

I think that's how it is in scientific circles. They are a fussy bunch.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You missed the bird rock that looks like Mr Burns

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I agree with the other posters, some look just like rocks but the last one with the W is interesting more so for the strange formation to the right. How large would that be and could that be an artificially made structure, it looks very out of place and too rounded to be a rock. Having said that I have seen round rocks this just doesn't seem to fit.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lambchop

A long neck turtle, what was I thinking... Mr burns, thats a pissa

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Most convincing post yet
Rocks are still rocks though, thanks for the effort you put in.

I suppose fossils are rocks as well so you may just be onto something, and I never thought I'd post that on any thread about rover pictures.

SnF and possibly well spotted

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Rocks. Shaped by weathering.
Nothing not found on earth that are also just rocks.
No one is hiding anything, because there is no need to do so.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I love your threads Arken. If only NASA was as enthusiastic as you at finding out what these are. I just cant understand why they don't take closer looks at these (Unless they do but cover that up as well). Lets face it theres plenty of anomalies to take a closer look of. And im sure there may well be some we have not seen due to not being published.. Your onto something though

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I love your threads Arken. If only NASA was as enthusiastic as you at finding out what these are. I just cant understand why they don't take closer looks at these (Unless they do but cover that up as well). Lets face it theres plenty of anomalies to take a closer look of. And im sure there may well be some we have not seen due to not being published.. Your onto something though

Thank you, TheDoctor46.

I think that NASA "make the dumb"... and "The Agency" already know what lies on Martian surface.
They already knows, and not only this...
The "things", up there, are worst than we can imagine ...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
All of those pictures looked like rocks to me. The last picture was quite interesting though.

The W was probably an old Mc Donalds M.

Or a great Welcome to Curiosity....

edit on 24-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Other carcass

Again some very nice finds, Arken. You must have eagle eyes, I suppose!?

Although we're probably not looking at a carcass in the image above. Even though that was my first thought, too. But it's not a rock either, IMHO. As far as this particular artifact is concerned, my take on what it could be has been covered in the following threads:

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3

And further: I'm pretty sure that NASA/JPL have seen all this as well (your spine discovery, too, Arken). I mean they're not 'blind' and they got a top-notch rover to have a glimpse at all of that. But as long as they don't exactly know what happened, when and how the demise came about, I think they just get on with their analysis in order to get 'some details' for a whole lot of questions that would arise from all this.

Taking into account the Brookings report (discovery of ET life, past or present, could be a potential crisis), they probably couldn't just go out there, publicly, and proclaim: "Look, we found spines, bones, boats etc., but we have no idea about what happened on the red planet". And by the way: it would certainly not be NASA/JPL who would give an official statement as this clearly surpasses their role and responsibility. In that case, it would become political, far reaching, and have a certain influence on religions and other governments. Ultimately, something like this would probably be made public by the U.S. President or the United Nations, or both. But, clearly, in that case (if it is decided to go public, which does bear certain risks) they need a lot more data, information, peer-reviews of findings etc. to say something very 'meaningful' about those discoveries. Just my opinion!!

And as always: Keep up the good work, Arken!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Thank you, jeep3r for your kind words and meaningful comments, as usual.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
pix 1-2-3 and 5-6 looks indeed like remains of a skeleton

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by laurentius

I like the "skull" rock with the horns. And the "W" with Mr. Burns as a bird standing by its side. None of this looks near as good as the thing on the spine thread or Hugo (I still say we make little models of Hugo and put them atop the Tin-Foil-Hat award, or sell them in the ATS gift shop), yet you never know which one will eventually emerge as the "Eureka" find.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You have a good imagination Arken, I'll give you that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join