It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What do you guys think this is?(Google Earth)

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Now, I'm not claiming anything. But, someone on another forum brought this up. We started talking about Nibiru. I do not believe it exists and I was trying to prove why it doesn't. After a long discussion with other members, he finally says that on Google Earth, if you take the coordinates into Google Earth Sky, you'll land on this big block of blackness. I'm not an expert on these things, so I figured I'd get some help on ATS. He also linked a video on the Youtubes. I'll be posting that, along with the coordinates. Thanks guys for the help. The video was posted in 2009, but the big block is still there. I confirmed it. This guy in the vid was taking it that the government is hiding something. I personally doubt it.

Coordinates: 5h 53m 27s, -6 10' 56
Youtube Vid
edit on 24-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67
 


Hmmmm. That's interesting. A big blacked-out box on those coordinates? I wonder what that is. Anyone have any info?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
By the way, how do you embed Youtube videos? I tried before I started this thread - didn't quite understand what to do when the box came up so I just threw the link in there. Didn't work when I posted the thread. Any help would be appreciated.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67
 


When the box comes up, you just insert the "number" at the end of the URL for the video, right after the = sign.

Here's a screen capture to illustrate




posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr
 


Thanks. Much appreciated.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'd find it interesting to see if there are any databases for various man made objects floating around out there and their coordinates in comparison to when the image was taken. Could be a blacked out spy satellite or something of the like. I'm really just throwing my two cents out there; could also be the corpse if Jimmy Hoffa.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
can you prove this with a screen shot of your out dated google earth software?

I can prove there is data there with my newest version of google earth.

But the fact remains, it is a different thing to omit data if it is not available to display, than it is to remove information because (insert agenda).

As with google earth, the images are not a solid panoramic view. It is a mosaic of stitched together pieces from various observations and data.

And when you get a block of missing data, instead of learning about why, there seems to be a following of people who throw logic out the window and engage in "What is the nasas covering up this time!!!!" and fist shaking..

When people know a little about something that is very detailed, they usually confuse their lack of understanding with an obvious agenda on behalf of the thing they know little of.



edit on 24-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
can you prove this with a screen shot of your out dated google earth software?

I can prove there is data there with my newest version of google earth.

But the fact remains, it is a different thing to omit data if it is not available to display, than it is to remove information because (insert agenda).

As with google earth, the images are not a solid panoramic view. It is a mosaic of stitched together pieces from various observations and data.

And when you get a block of missing data, instead of learning about why, there seems to be a following of people who throw logic out the window and engage in "What is the nasas covering up this time!!!!" and fist shaking..

When people know a little about something that is very detailed, they usually confuse their lack of understanding with an obvious agenda on behalf of the thing they know little of.



edit on 24-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)


Like I said, I have no idea why there's a block of blackness. But if you want a screenshot, I can provide you with one. Now...I'm using the latest version of Google Earth to view the coordinates. In fact, I downloaded Google Earth just to view the coordinates. I'll give you a screenshot. Or you can give your own proof something is indeed there - because I did NOT find anything except a black block.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You all realize that this was uploaded 4 years ago,right?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You all realize that this was uploaded 4 years ago,right?


Yes. But it still exists. I'll be uploading a screenshot to prove it.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here's my proof that this block still exists.




posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It could be the obelisk from 2001: Space Odyssey



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It would have to be in geostationary or synchronous orbit to be sitting still. That would tend to mean it was man made. So google doesn't want us to see whats there...

Anyone got a telescope?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr
 


I do.
It's too far south to be a geostationary location. But you could try this if you want. Though it should be pointed out that none of these astronomy toys (Google, skymap, WWT) are real time.
www.sky-map.org...

edit on 2/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 

I looked and looked there in all the modes the link you gave allows and there is nothing there except... sky.

Maybe somebody else is better at reading maps?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Here's the screen grab of those co- ordinates from sky-map .org




Nothing appears to be missing here

Probably just haven't mapped or uploaded that section yet would be my guess
edit on 24-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Alright, so that clears up any conspiracy someone might have about the government.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by intrptr
 


I do.
It's too far south to be a geostationary location. But you could try this if you want. Though it should be pointed out that none of these astronomy toys (Google, skymap, WWT) are real time.
www.sky-map.org...

edit on 2/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Are there any real time services that we can use for these purposes? (and free)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by cody599
 


Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Alright, so that clears up any conspiracy someone might have about the government.


Sorry if it killed the thread
Just my opinion



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by cody599
 


Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Alright, so that clears up any conspiracy someone might have about the government.


Sorry if it killed the thread
Just my opinion


It didn't kill any thread. I posted this to get some answers. As seen in the OP, I doubted it had anything to do with the government hiding stuff. It must be really big to have THAT big of a rectangle. I think the guy that brought it up was thinking they were hiding Nibiru.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join