It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal Technique: Revolutionary Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hey ATS

I stumbled upon this video on Youtube and thought it would be worth sharing. Immortal Technique isn't your everyday "rapper", he's also a political commentator as well as an activist with a strong message in every song. The thing that really struck me about this guy is that he used profits from records to build an orphanage in Afghanistan to house poor children! Find me a rapper or musician that has that kind of character. This guy speaks the truth, raw and uncut, and his nonchalant attitude is almost humorous at times.

Me being a Latino, a lot of the stuff he preaches resonated with me and opened my eyes to a broader reality.

Hopefully it does the same with you.

Warning, video contains profanity and may be disturbing to close minded people

Let me you what you think.

viva la revolucion!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

I've been a fan of his for years. People like to stereotype rap music but that's what rap music really is, the stuff on the radio is mass produced pop, nothing more.

If you haven't heard of Lowkey, he's just as good as Immortal Technique.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Funny I just watched this an hour ago and then it gets posted on here. I have been a big fan of Tech's for quite awhile now, he speaks to people who need to hear the message. Slowly but surely our world is changing. And more and more people are waking up to the corrupt ways of life we are all living, to the ways we eat to the ways we view each other as pawns in our own little mind games. He speaks the truth when it is a revolutionary act.

Viva La Revolucion
edit on 24-2-2013 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Seen it, love it! Technique is the #, met him briefly after a show. I don't like his Muslim leanings, but the way he approache the racial issue in Hip Hop brought me back to it. Best rapper ever!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sekerofknowlege

Dude is tight. I don't agree with everything he says, but a lot of it. Heck yeah. It's also good to see someone intelligent and thought-provoking and exposing the nonsense. We need more like him.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

He's not a Muslim.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i'm a huge fan of Tech, been listening to him for a while. Not really a huge fan of hiphop but i make an exception for him. Definitely a thought provoking artist with his lyrical content. Thanks for posting a link to the documentary, i've been meaning to watch it

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
reply to post by Infernalis

He's not a Muslim.

Great intervue, thank you.

Not saying he was but some of that language definitely gets play in his work.

Black Vikings
[Verse 3: Vinnie Paz]

We Islamic and brought the story of shem with us
While we brought the mother#ing blam blam with us

I get why, and understand his position is often neutral on this and other subjects, but at times come across otherwise.

Still the best artist out there as far as I'm concerned.
Not that I'm so enthralled with most of it, but there are gems.
On a whole other intellectual level especially compared to current standards.

top topics

join