It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will WW3 start?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by watcher3339

There is no way Russia is going to side with China especially when they have nothing to gain. Basically the world war your describing is the entire world against China, Syria, and Pakistan.

How long of a war do you think that will be.

China has absolutely no capability to transport troops and no country is going to invade them so what you will have are one huge set of economic sanctions that cripple their country. Believe me, the government of China knows all too well what an angry populace can do to government officials, its how Mao was able to bring communism in.

I fail to see anything China would gain from starting a war.

*sigh*
What exactly makes you so sure that Russia wouldn't side with China? They have been increasing their economic ties and seeking to undermine growing U.S. influence in the region. Undoubtedly, there could be conflicts of national interest based on geography in a long term relationship but that could be said of any set of neighbors. They have a tricky history but they are the two most authoritarian world players and a short term natural fit.

Communism came "in" because the warring factions in China agreed to set aside their differences to handle an external threat and the communist portion of the country was percieved to have fared better than the non communist portion.

What makes you think that I think China will be the one to start it?
They hold in excess of 8% of total U.S. debt.
They hold an unknown total of U.K. debt.
Slate wiped clean is quite a motivator...
We also want our hands on the rare earth metals that they aren't sharing.

You dismiss China and Pakistan? That's pretty bold. I doubt that our military does. So even if you were right and no Russia, you don't think that the world's most populous nation, hackers extraordinaire, a major oil holder (Iran) who is working towards nuclear weapons, and Pakistan, who already has them would be a real opponent? Europe has a lot more slackers militarily than that line up.

Your perception doesn't strike me a wide enough. You, at the root of it seem to want to simply discount economics and that is naive.

I am doing a lot more typing on this than you are. You pretty much come back with no I don't think so. Back it up. Get some examples and some solid, modern back up from the events of the day -- not whatever generalized textbook has been made available to you, and I would love to see it. I love it when people hold a different opinion, I love to see the thinking process, but I already know what I am typing so if you are just going to say "no" and not provide anything to actually attempt to push my thinking then there isn't really that much in this exchange for me.
edit on 24-2-2013 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Clinton gave the panama canal to China years ago. China is a supporter of Chavez in Venezuila, Cuba, and is ALL over south america, as it is ALL over Africa. The chinese also just built a military post on the Seychilles islands, just off of east african coast. The also "own" a port in San Diego, CA.

Russia and China will unite, just to slit eachother's throats. Destroying the US, along with the us obozo administration is their ultimate goal - meaning the obozo's are also destroying the US on purpose.

The us does not stand a chance.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I also believe - as I have for years - that North Korea is simply China's launch pad for nuclear weapons. China can't launch a nuke without severe repercussions = but North Korea could, via China's technology.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Also, all hell breaks loose, and we have very heavily armed mexican cartels swarming america over our border - that niether dems or repubs have ever cared to secure.

Look at the number of brain-dead americans we have - we're toast. And all it takes is one nuke from China/North Korea/Iran/pakistan/cuba/russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

There will never be another world war.

The world is simply too globalized now where the economic losses will outweigh any benefits gained.

Your kidding, aren't you? Take a look at the Middle East and then try to think of where it is heading. The US, Russia or China may not start a World War but we certainly have countries who could.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

IMO, WW3 will be fought as then human rights activist and Bishop Dom Helder Camara said in the early 70's:
WW3 will be fought not with missiles and planes but with the bare fists and rage of the masses of the dispossessed.

I see rather an increase in random violence. Demonstrations going out of hand and some copy-cat of a "French Revolution phenomena" will take place. Meaning someone is beginning to actually execute the leading men pulling the strings. This might not happen in a specific country as such, but would be pretty much a global affair happening in many countries at the same time. It might begin with countries as Italy, Greece and Spain demanding an end to NATO participation. Libya might become quite active with a pro Gaddafi revolutionary wing. Egypt might just go berserk.
My take on this is that once a country reaches 20%+ unemployment, anything can happen. The moment a people revolt, all normal diplomatic channels will collapse. How does one "negotiate and consult with a country that has no more leaders, or has now a faction of a 1/2 dozen leaders?
Africa as well might just become a new powder keg.
After all, globalization has made the raw materials the crux. NATIONALISM will again begin to become a strong motivator. The desire for people to control their own resources. Water also will become a big deal. Africa especially is a continent with hardly any "natural borders". meaning tribal lands as they had existed prior to colonization Once the fires flare up in too many places as one, even the best string-pullers will get lost in the chaos. Nationalism is already seen to emerge in Greece. Many NAZI-like organizations will emerge all over the globe. Land disputes, border disputes etc will flare up. And eventually it will become a mess globally. Hardly a place one can use a nuke to "calm things down."
One should.picture it akin to a massive demonstration. Usually the line between the demonstrators and the police is well drawn. Only on occasion one sees a few demonstrators break through the police lines and are then quickly over powered. Most demonstrations have a large "DMZ" in which the tear gas grenades land. Now picture this so common image in which "White" -(Demonstrator) and "Blue" - (Cops) is so mixed up as like a mass gathering of 2 sports teams in their different uniforms that no "line" can be seen. Pretty tough to launch a nuke into it.
OTH one also has to realize that all empires fail eventually, and as history teaches us, it is always the "have not" and the "primitives" that will triumph over the advanced societies. That's why we had a "dark age" after Rome.
Nationalist countries will remain and mostly lead the world after.
The Middle East? Yes with Israel being the loose cannon in the pack, anything can happen so. And a "real war" scenario might be possible. Given that so many Fundamental Christians believe also in the "end times", the Muslims believe in their "Mahdi" - well anything can happen.
However for most part the most logical outcome will be civil unrest on a global scale.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

There will never be another world war.

The world is simply too globalized now where the economic losses will outweigh any benefits gained.

Your kidding, aren't you? Take a look at the Middle East and then try to think of where it is heading. The US, Russia or China may not start a World War but we certainly have countries who could.

Such as?

You are saying its possible but not telling us how it would happen. I don't see anything in the Middle East that will lead to a world war. Sure there will be regional conflicts but what is going to force Australian into war that is currently happening in that region?

If you think I'm kidding then show me exactly what's funny?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
WW3 will start when some scumbag terrorist organisation lets off a nuke in a major Western city such as New York, London, Paris, Madrid, etc. Of course the terrorist organisation or operative will most likely be in the pay of North Korea or Iran, so a war by proxy. It is interesting to remember that when 9/11 took place either Russia or China said the USA had a right to defend itself. In other words it recognised that a major attack had taken place and that whoever was responsible was gonna get bombed back to the stone age.

I dont want a nuclear war. It will be the ultimate Holocaust. No one will survive it and the Earth will literally be blown to smithereens and there will be a new asteriod belt in the Solar System. Terra Nova Ring to anyone that passes by and sees Earth is no more.

Humanity needs to grow up fast and learn to overcome its predjudices. Its the only way forward. Otherwise we are looking at our own inevitable destruction and quite literally. Any passing ET will never know anythng of who and what we were as all there will be left of Earth is rocks floating in space. Perhaps the leaders of North Korea and Iran and frankly all of those who own nuclear weapons should be invited to a global summit and reminded of that.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

In my honest opinion ww3 will be started by by a madman or rogue state, normal states
wont start a nuclear war as everyone loses. I will take someone who wants to destroy, or deluded enough to think they can win.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To quote spin doctor Robert de Niro in 'Wag the Dog'
"America doesn't declare war, America goes to war"

And hearing Carol Rosin's warnings I'm certainly not ruling out the USA going to war with aliens.

Seriously, I don't know what to believe these days.
I don't believe we are being informed.
We, the people, will probably never find out what is really going on 'behind the scenes'.
Until we are in the know and able to influence the descisions being made, maybe it's best we don't know.
(Ignorance is bliss, though I really really want to know.)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoy97
i see a lot of articles in here on specific topics. but with all the spcifics in the way i honestly cant see exactly how at this point ww3 could start. somebody please enlighten me.

Most prob by a developing nation which attacks a bullying more developed nation in a last ditch attempt at rebellion against there tyrannical rule - id think the attack would be nuclear, which in turn causes the bullying nation to retaliate - Then all oppressed nations to kick off after seeing what happens to a no comformist nation - there allies join etc etc....game over

It pretty grim that we live in a an age where every life could be snuffed out because of money and power

why people cant just chillout is beyond me - if we put all our efforts into helping each other instead of killing each other this world could be a paradise.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

and thus i give you 2 , one being the DPRK aka North Korea and the second Iran, both seeking Nuke arsenal, one saying yeas we have them other saying it is for peaceful use. one seeking a one nation under one flag the other seeking Israel be gone. in either case WW3 is in the works, if your seeking a nuke war. if you think WW3 is the war on terror it is just getting warmed up to the nuke war.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
From what I`ve read here on the subject of drone aircraft and advances in computer science, I am leaning more to an A.I. revolution resulting in the destruction of the human race.

If there is a leap to full A.I. then hello Skynet, we be screwed.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are saying its possible but not telling us how it would happen.

Who does know how it would happen? WW1 started with an assassination, WW2 a dictator, WW3 could start with anything and for all we know, it already as started.

I don't see anything in the Middle East that will lead to a world war.

I do, Israel.. If Israel launch a pre-emptive strike on say Iran, I see Iran defending themselves. That scenario could bring numerous countries into a war including the USA again.

Sure there will be regional conflicts but what is going to force Australian into war that is currently happening in that region?

Australia are already in the wars in the Middle East, just like the USA, UK, France and most of Europe..

If you think I'm kidding then show me exactly what's funny?

The economy has been around for a long time. In 1929 The great depression came about and only years later the biggest war in modern history was waged. The prospect of WW3 is more alive than you think.
edit on 24-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
However the victors choose to shape the story in their fictitious books of "history" shoved down the throats of unwitting pupils.

It could have already started, and the specific date argued in the dozens, already.

What seems to be certain, is once enough pressure has been created, steam must be let off.

Whenever the economic policies, trade wars, currency wars, and every other act of war not physical fails to suffice, the troops will be marching on all fronts.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's already underway.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think it will start when Israel attacks Iran. It's not a question of if they will but when they will. After this war WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Question. If we are currently engaged in the Global War on Terror, aren't we technically already fighting World War 3?

Think about it. The very definition of a World War is one which affects multiple countries and takes place in multiple theaters of battle in multiple countries and continents.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Yes, but it's not openly called that. There's also a lot of operations going on in the cyber arena from nation to nation.

That's why I said it's up to victors who rewrite the history books as to when the beginning date is made official.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

just corrupted leaders of Israel and radical salafists (Qaeda,...) can think of a WW3. they are all allies of each other !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join