It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

yuengling beer for everything, especially eating.....It is simply the best.

labatts blue for summer binge drinking......

and all Samuel Adams for all purposes......

Oh and Amstel gold....Volldamn as well.....

edit on 25-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
u simply had an ale,pale, Indian,does not matter.
although u can get great lager like Brooklyn lager fristance but ale is always better.
u like real beer,not the pee they put in a bottles not the liquid bread and not the Belgian heavy cannons with all the stuff they put inside.
now,u will b surprise to find out that u will like most of the ales u'll have.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yuengling is great but only available in some states on the east coast. but worth the drive over state lines to aquire, because it is great with just about anything.

its hard to say a favorite beer in general. however,
my favorite SEASONAL is BY FAR SHIPYARD BREWING CO. PUMPKNHEAD ALE. those who have drank it can attest, it is the best pumpkin beer imho. and ive tryed several pumpkin beers, too many to name really.
the pumpkin head is great out of a sam adams winter lager glass, with the laser etched snowflake in the bottom

my fave summer beer would be yuengling, and then leinenkugel sunset wheat, furity first taste, great on the palate and a good finish, the first sip tastes like fruity pebbles, and after that it dulls down, great with an orange or lemon.

another good summer beer is leinenkugel summer shandy, although the lemon is a bit overpowering to start. its a great sit by the pool and drink beer, or a great beach beer.

old speckled hen is good as well

hatch plug which is a micro brew, that is good as well

tecate is great as well, i just got a draft the other day, which was by far the best draft beer i have tasted in a while.

it is hard to say what the best beer ive ever tasted is, as there are many types of beers. and many taste different due to my mood, and the season, and if i am smoking or not.

great thread OP S&F
edit on 25-2-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

My favorite beer is Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout ($14.99 for a four pack) and Old Rasputin XI Imperial Stout Barrel-Aged in a corked bottle ($100 for a 500 ml bottle)
*appreciation for dark beer is required to enjoy this*

www.northcoastbrewing.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My favorite beer is made by Marble Brewing here in Albuquerque. They have several good beers, but I am an IPA kinda guy and theirs is good! I often brew my own beers as well, and some are pretty good.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I'll have to give it a try, always in the mood for a tasty IPA.

BTW LOL at the guy who said PBR! I suppose if drinking carbonated tap water alcohol is good then go for it, I always feel like I caught the plague the night after I drank that crap.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Also in reference to my favorite beer, I'd say really anything fresh, breweries and micro breweries have the tastiest stuff. Lately though the best I've had is in a Sam Adams seasonal sampler and it's called Maple Walnut Porter. Delicious.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

I'll have to give it a try, always in the mood for a tasty IPA.

BTW LOL at the guy who said PBR! I suppose if drinking carbonated tap water alcohol is good then go for it, I always feel like I caught the plague the night after I drank that crap.

hahah you didnt know? pbr is the new cool (hipster) drink of the ages. you can tell someone is underage if theyre drinking that or any keystone/natural ice/light variety beer.
coors extra gold and schlitz are right up there in the best beer category, miller low-life as well

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Also in reference to my favorite beer, I'd say really anything fresh, breweries and micro breweries have the tastiest stuff. Lately though the best I've had is in a Sam Adams seasonal sampler and it's called Maple Walnut Porter. Delicious.

i like that maple porter alot but if i have more than like 3 i get heartburn, same thing happens with really hoppy ipa's i dont know why.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
For a Hoppy day- Double Dragon IPA (Alley Cat, Edmonton, Alberta)
For a Stouty day - Guinness. Obviously.
For a drinking all day day - Steamwhistle Pilsner (Toronto, Ontario)
For a relaxing, smooth ale - John Smiths (Tadcaster, N Yorkshire, UK)
For a cheap day - Brewhouse Pilsner (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
For a strong day - Dark Tartan Scottish Ale (Alley Cat)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

not my favorite or anything but ill second a recommendation for old rasputin (probably second favorite imperial stout ive tried)
i dont know where youre located but you can find old rasputin for around $8 a four pack at bevmo where im located (they also sell singles four a little over $2)
i think one of my favorite parts of living in california is the variety of really good breweries ...i still havent been to most and its always nice to look forward to checking out a new one

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I am a big fan of most Weizen beers. Notice I say most as some brewers seem to really screw up the recipe.

When I feel cheap I'll buy Yuengling as has been said before, it goes with just about everything.

But when I'm home visiting family, almost everything brewed by the New Glarus Brewery is great stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
An old recipe by bavarian monks by a well established German brewery is 'Paulaner Salvator'. This is the best I have tasted. Its a double bock with 18 percent alcohol content, which is probably too strong for most. If you are looking for flavor, the alcohol content is a contributing factor.

Another highly rated beer is 'Arrogant Bastard Ale'. This one also has a high alcohol content. I haven't tried it but may in the future.
edit on 23-2-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

I had the Paulaner Salvator while I was stationed in Germany... used to get it at a bar in Luxembourg City called "The Cockpit"... makes ya walk funny

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Me and my buds used to go to the monestary annually. Great times....I think.

If I could just remember them. I must have been there as I have a mug.

Ah...the nineties...best three years of my life. Or was that the eighties?...Maybe seventies?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thanks, I will give this one a try. It is a lifelong project to find the ultimate beer... My favorite is Michelob Amber Bock since they no longer brew Michelob Dark.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Awesome... we also used to head up to Belgium to do the "elephant walk"... Loves me some Carlsburg!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Thanks, I will give this one a try. It is a lifelong project to find the ultimate beer... My favorite is Michelob Amber Bock since they no longer brew Michelob Dark.

Michelob Amber Bock is pretty much the 'ol Michelob Dark.

But really? I think your taste buds have been contaminated by Anheuser-Busch. Sam Adams is the only thing I can stomach that is produced by them. But then again, I'm a beer-snob.

I'll drink water before I'll drink a Bud...even if it's free.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by vtr99

Michelob Amber Bock is pretty much the 'ol Michelob Dark.

But really? I think your taste buds have been contaminated by Anheuser-Busch. Sam Adams is the only thing I can stomach that is produced by them. But then again, I'm a beer-snob.

I'll drink water before I'll drink a Bud...even if it's free.

Reminds me of a German saying about one of their most popular beers...

If you drink Bitburger, you pi$$ Budweiser

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Another German saying;

Water is for washing.

Beer is for drinking.

I like how Warsteiner put it. 'because life is too short to drink cheap beer'

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I do find it amazing that so many people, especially us men-folk, can look back our lives and, at some point, we can identify the beers we were drinking at that time... or how amazing a beer tastes because of the venue it is being served in. For instance, give me a Bud Lite and I will say "meh"... but give me that same beer at a NASCAR race, a major league ballpark, a college football stadium (Mountaineer Field for me
) and that beer suddenly becomes magical!
How many of us can look back on our teenage years and not think of drinking whatever the hell he could pay some adult to buy for us, and the cheaper the better! Milwaukee's Best, Busch, PBR, etc... the hangovers were a bitch, but you sure had fun the night before!
Much of my AF career contains beer highlights... being iced in overnight in Gander, Newfoundland drinking Labatts Blue at the bar all night... the cases of Heineken in our dorms in Germany (if you have never had Heineken in Europe, you haven't really had Heineken... the crap we get here tastes like carbonated mop water) the nights in the Arizona desert around a bonfire drinking Henry Weinhards, Cave Creek Chili Beer (awesome stuff! If you ever get to southern AZ ask for it!) at parties in Tucson, drinking Obi in Korea, Efes in Turkey and Olympia beer... in Olympia

The great and wise Homer J. sums it up... "mmmmmmm beer"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join