It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequestration devastation? The facts show otherwise.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I realized today that I have not heard anything about the sequestration, nothing on the radio and nothing online. It's as if there's a news blackout on the eve of the sequestor going into effect. It might just be a case of being so tired of hearing the politicians scream "the sky if falling" that I've tuned it out.

Has the news of the President trying to end the ban on gay marriage trumped the sequestor? The Pope's resignation getting all the air time? I don't know.

You would think that the news outlets would be on some "countdown to the sequestor" while waiting with baited breath for the economy to fall apart. Again, maybe I've just tuned it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

I don't know about you, but when my alarm went off this morning, NPR was in the middle of a story veering from correspondent to breathless correspondent bemoaning the woes of various federal beneficiaries and the sacrifices they faced, Not one mention of Obama's November 11, 2011 vow to "veto any attempt" by Congress to avoid the impact of sequestration.

jw

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My living expenses have been cut by 20% these last four years, I have little care if the government is cut by 2%. I think it is a good start and should continue.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
I realized today that I have not heard anything about the sequestration, nothing on the radio and nothing online. It's as if there's a news blackout on the eve of the sequestor going into effect. It might just be a case of being so tired of hearing the politicians scream "the sky if falling" that I've tuned it out.

Has the news of the President trying to end the ban on gay marriage trumped the sequestor? The Pope's resignation getting all the air time? I don't know.

You would think that the news outlets would be on some "countdown to the sequestor" while waiting with baited breath for the economy to fall apart. Again, maybe I've just tuned it out.

Obama changed its tune.
The Armageddon Narrative has failed. Threatening Bob Woodward has backfired.

The Obama White House is in damage control mode right now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join