It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VID* Congressman Walter Jones repents and asks forgiveness for voting for Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This video is not new, it is probably 1 or 2 years old but I never watched it until today.

This video has been taken off youtube so here it is from another source:
videocafe.crooksandliars.com...

Some of his other inputs on Iraq:
en.wikipedia.org...

Jones called on President George W. Bush to apologize for misinforming Congress to win authorization for the war. Jones said, "If I had known then what I know today, I wouldn't have voted for that resolution."[36]
He contends that the United States went to war "with no justification."[2][33] On the subject, he said, "I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there." He added that his change of opinion came about from attending the funeral of a sergeant killed in Iraq, when his last letter to his family was being read out. On June 16, 2005, he joined with three other members of Congress (Neil Abercrombie, Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul) in introducing a resolution calling for the start of a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq to begin by October 2006.[37] Jones covered the hallway outside his office with photographs of soldiers who had died in Iraq.[2] He said, "If we were given misinformation intentionally by people in this administration, to commit the authority to send boys, and in some instances girls, to go into Iraq, that is wrong. Congress must be told the truth."[2]

In 2007, he and Rep. William Delahunt (D–MA) introduced the Constitutional War Powers Resolution, which seeks to "prohibit the president from ordering military action without congressional approval, except when the United States or U.S. troops were attacked or when U.S citizens needed to be evacuated."[38]

On March 23, 2007, Jones was one of two Republicans to vote for a bill that would require President George W. Bush to bring combat troops home from Iraq by September 1, 2008. The other Republican was Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland's 1st congressional district.[42]

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Small Steps. And while this is an old video, still a good reminder that an error in judgement can be a mistake, but also a learning opportunity.

join