It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Jesus comes back - Will he/she/it be White? Will he/she/it be male?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe jesus was a female? He did had long hair and it was said that he was a virgin. Maybe she was waiting to get married first.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Head and hair will be like wool as white as snow, eyes will be like a flame and skin will be bronze .

It's in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I understand where you all are coming from.

But my argument, is that if it matters what race "jesus" returns as. Then humanity has failed in learning his lessons, and therefore does not deserve his return.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
Well? Will Jesus be male? Will he be white? Maybe with dashing blonde hair and piercing blue eyes?

If he's white, won't that to serve to alienate over 80% of the Human Race? Will it not be an insult to the majority of the human race (i.e. non-white Humans who make up the large majority of humanity). If he is male, will it not be an insult to half of the human race?

What do you think?
edit on 2/23/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

Well are you saying that it is already and insult to half the human race to be male? Where do you people come from?
I mean wow. Are you saying half the world is sexist and racist anyway no matter what gender or race he is?
Bring in the clowns!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Eyes like a flame? That sounds a bit demonic to me. If i saw some1 with flaming eyes i would be running

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Bkrmn

Thereby alienating White Europeans, Black Africans, Chinese people, Indians and just about most of the human race including one of the most important beings of the Race: women.

i just got off the phone with jesus. He said that he is so good looking that women wont even care!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No, Jesus would be a middle eastern looking male with a white fro. Hair like lambs wool.

edit on 23-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

kingjbible.com...

It tells you in the bible........

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The last time I checked, Jesus is supposed to be the son of God. Therefore, God specifically chose his race and gender, no?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If Jesus is anything at all, I assumed it was a genderless Jesus with no direct ties to any specific race.

Possibly similar to....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Look,

I know this answer is going to suck, but I feel compelled to offer it anyway.

When Jesus comes back - Will he/she/it be White? Will he/she/it be male?

I think the idea is that he was/is supposed to come back as everyone; you me and everyone else. Otherwise, I fail to find the point of the whole operation.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

kingjbible.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by watchitburn

I believe that it is very important what Jesus comes back as, surely? It sends a message that this is what God deems most right, no? God favours certain people and a certain gender, no?

Dear HomoSapiensSapiens,

Aside from the fact that you are attempting to bait (and I have seen much better baiting), your thread really says more about you than Christians. You say that how he comes back says who he favors and that is just not so. He came to earth as a Jew because they were the ones who should have recognized him and did not. The message spread through the gentiles and he was not a gentile. Consider the parable of the wedding feast, the people who eventually were brought to the feast were the ones who the world rejected. You will not know him by race, by gender or anything other than the fact that he comes to put an end to Satan.

Skin color is meaningless, race is meaningless, gender is meaningless and that is what Jesus told us. The fact that he came to the Jews was not a blessing to them. He came to them as one of them so that we could understand that he would be rejected by those who were most like him in appearance and accepted by those least like him. He came for sinners, not just for men, not just for Jews, he came for the world. You are the one who thinks his resemblance is what matters.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

But isn't the bible rewritten so many times so that people can't tell truth from fiction? The bible to me is as accurate as a comic book. Sure it has some fiction in it but the rest is just made up.
I do believe in the ten commandments. THOU SHALL NOT KILL! I

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why would anyone paint Jesus with straight hair when flat out says he had a fro?

I was trying to find some paintings of Jesus in revelation and most of them have STRAIGHT HAIR. Why ignore that?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1
reply to post by WaterBottle

But isn't the bible rewritten so many times so that people can't tell truth from fiction? The bible to me is as accurate as a comic book. Sure it has some fiction in it but the rest is just made up.
I do believe in the ten commandments. THOU SHALL NOT KILL! I

It;s a comic book that tells you what Jesus will look like when he returns.

So whats the point of this thread? Fan fiction?

Do you want people to make up their own stories? Christians aren't going to do that.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Well? Will Jesus be male? Will he be white? Maybe with dashing blonde hair and piercing blue eyes?

If he's white, won't that to serve to alienate over 80% of the Human Race? Will it not be an insult to the majority of the human race (i.e. non-white Humans who make up the large majority of humanity). If he is male, will it not be an insult to half of the human race?

What do you think?
edit on 2/23/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

probably something like this...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Since he was resurrected, he will appear as himself. A Semite. Although I always have pictured him now as having white hair and beard.
Why is he pictured like a white guy? Because a white guy pictured him. There are similar pictures of Christ as black and Asian. But not all look Caucasian; many have the facial features of a Semite. You just have to look.
If you ask a child to draw a picture of Jesus, he will be pictured as they view themselves.
And no, Jesus is a man. The entire Christian faith is patriarchal, despite the current cultural ideas. Always has been always will be. Because God the Father is a man. And his SON, Jesus Christ is a man.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

The last time I checked, Jesus is supposed to be the son of God. Therefore, God specifically chose his race and gender, no?

Yes he did and for a number of reasons none of which were happenstance.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I understand where you all are coming from.

But my argument, is that if it matters what race "jesus" returns as. Then humanity has failed in learning his lessons, and therefore does not deserve his return.

But we DO "deserve" his return because he is returning to JUDGE us ALL.

We deserve judgement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join