It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under New York - Incredible Photos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That is really cool. Those workers better be careful though, because they might just accidentally run into the ninja turtles. That would be bad news for the workers. There was a show on the history channel, maybe the show where the guy goes underground, but I cannot think of the name off hand, and NYC is just crazy with all that underground stuff. And the ground itself is not all that stable to begin with if I remember correctly, which makes it even more crazy.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Many of these facilities are not as “sinister” as the people posting them want to make them appear. Most of these are simply old mines that have converted the space into storage that they rent out. They provide nearly perfect “climate controlled” conditions without the use of any electrical air conditioning. This also makes them ideal for things such as “cold storage” as takes less electricity to provide their artificial “refrigeration” compared to what it would cost in an above surface warehouse. Additionally, their storage is safer from fire, wind, or other natural disaster. Since they do not take up any “surface space”, they utilize otherwise wasted space, and generate a profit from doing so.

In reality though, they are no more sinister than a warehouse or your local “lock-and-key”...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I watched the manafacturers video and it seemed to indicate that all of the earth excavated was taken out to the surface by conveyor belt.

The images we saw at the start are far larger than one (or two) of those TBMs can produce and I am guessing that all this earth has to be disposed of by rail or truck from the Google Earth location which was linked to. All these underground construction projects have to put their earth somewhere and particularly where the military is making new tunnels, any new earth will be fairly easy to spot, not to mention the sheer amount of any earth coming out of these huge structures.

In the initial posts, there was a mention that one of the TB machines was left to die buried underground as it was too expensive to get it out.

No mention of power source - I wonder why? Do you think they are powered by huge diesel engines? If not, then New York is sitting on a very dirty bomb in that buried excavating machine.

<< 1  2   >>

join