It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under New York - Incredible Photos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They look like pictures out of a Sci-Fi movie, but these are real tunnels under New York.

The work—which started in 2006—has been so complicated that the entire project has been delayed. Instead of 2014, it will now be operational in 2019. The tunnels extend from Sunnyside, Queens, to Grand Central, routing 24 trains per hour at peak capacity. That's an amazing 162,000 passenger trips to and from Grand Central per day. These new images by New Yorks' Metropolitan Transportation Authority show the progress as of February 12, 2013.

Construction was due to be complete in 2014 but one of the crawlers has died, so it will be delayed to 2019 now.

Right now, there's a 22-foot-wide metal monster dying 14 stories below park avenue. Together with its twin brother, it excavated 346,607 cubic yards (265,000 cubic meters) of bedrock in a 30,000-foot-long (5.6 miles) tunnel.

Now the engineers behind the East Side Access Project—a tunnel that connects New York's Grand Central Terminal to another terminal in Queens—have decided to let the machine die, abandoned to rot after excavating its own tomb under Manhattan.

Makes you wonder about all those strange earthquakes we're having all over the country....

edit on 23-2-2013 by pianopraze because: ...

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Makes you wonder about all those strange earthquakes we're having all over the country....

No, not at all.

What strange earthquakes and why none near New York?

How can you link earthquakes elsewhere when there aren't even any at the place being tunnelled??

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
good photos bud s & f for that .it shows what they can do underground

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Very interesting, the second picture gives me the creeps if figure it is the red lights but non the less it spooks me.

Makes you wonder if this construction that is simply for "us" the public, just imagine what they are capable of with the never ending military budget..

Trillions for the F35 program they now don't even fly and most countries have cancelled all orders for these flying pieces of junk.....All 51 one of them in existence!

The scale of this project boggles the mind but yet, just imagine what lays below unknown to us peons!

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No, not at all.

What strange earthquakes and why none near New York?

How can you link earthquakes elsewhere when there aren't even any at the place being tunnelled??

This excavation is obviously not very deep into the bed rock, but what if elsewhere without our knowledge they are doing the cave man thing miles deep?

Food for thought No?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Amazing, how huge the tunnelling is, looks like grand central 2. wonder who paid for all this wasted work, taxpayers?

where is this tunnel below, exactly. manhattan, the water, or queens?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now those look creepy.

I wouldn't be walking down there all by my lonesome.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The human species is hellbent on creating this Dystopian Sci Reality.

Somewhere in the universe there is this...what else is there!?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
They seem offley huge just to be for subways don't they? Are they double stacking the tracks or something?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Very interesting, the second picture gives me the creeps if figure it is the red lights but non the less it spooks me.

Makes you wonder if this construction that is simply for "us" the public, just imagine what they are capable of with the never ending military budget..

Or makes you wonder about what the other 80% of the budget, since the military budget is not that much.

Trillions for the F35 program they now don't even fly and most countries have cancelled all orders for these flying pieces of junk.....All 51 one of them in existence!

Sorry, less than 400B, not trillions. What countries have cancelled all orders? Canada is reviewing, has not cancelled. Italy, Britain, and Australia are still buying F35s although most likely fewer than predicted. We are in dire economic times, this should not be a surprise. The F35 is an amazing craft, the fact you call it a piece of junk is quite telling.

The scale of this project boggles the mind but yet, just imagine what lays below unknown to us peons!

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

I will agree, this is quite amazing, but man has amazed throughout history, why should now be any different?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This picture makes me feel like some of the underground city/bases theories are at least possible. If they have the machines to dig all of this out, I don't see why they couldn't create an underground city even without the need of natural caves.

edit on 24-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you thought that was amazing google D.U.M.B witch are deep underground military bases witch consist of multiple floor. I would not be surprised if some wear larger then sky scrapers. The earth is much deeper then the sky's height and more stable for large structures, if its in the right place, I would think.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

It's possible, but all the rock and waste material has to be taken to the surface.

This is what the New York tunnel project looks like on google maps:

goo.gl...

Pretty hard to hide something like that

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It amazes me when I see pictures of underground cities and stuff like this. I always think of all the work that must have gone into making something like that.

I was irresistibly reminded of Die Hard With a Vengeance and Ninja Turles II: The Secret of the Ooze, when I looked at these pictures.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It's possible, but all the rock and waste material has to be taken to the surface.

goo.gl...

Yeah, but I would imagine that it may be a little more difficult to find something perhaps in the middle of nowhere, if you don't know if, when, or where you are suppose to be looking for that something. Difficult to hide, but probably not impossible.
edit on 24-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

goo.gl...

I can only imagine what else they have, this is old technology.
They dont have to take rock out.

Its not hard to hide something like that if your the Govt, witch has trillions of dollars. 700 billion invested in the military, china invest 150 billion in its military and its the second largest military budget, obviously, U.S. has the largest military budget in the world. Money = power, the power to shut some ones mouth before they say any thing to the public. Surveillance is every where. Their is a reason theirs is microphones in your appliances, (they admit it) they tap your phone, data base your emails and if they can data base every email, probably even your internet post. With that kind of power + a hell of allot more we cant even imagine, they can keep it a secret, at least to the majority of the public.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

goo.gl...

I can only imagine what else they have, this is old technology.
They dont have to take rock out.

Its not hard to hide something like that if your the Govt, witch has trillions of dollars. 700 billion invested in the military, china invest 150 billion in its military and its the second largest military budget, obviously, U.S. has the largest military budget in the world. Money = power, the power to shut some ones mouth before they say any thing to the public. Surveillance is every where. Their is a reason theirs is microphones in your appliances, (they admit it) they tap your phone, data base your emails and if they can data base every email, probably even your internet post. With that kind of power + a hell of allot more we cant even imagine, they can keep it a secret, at least to the majority of the public.

Where do you get the idea that "They dont have to take rock out" in the video posted. Maybe I missed where they stated that? All TBM videos I have watched there is always a system in place to remove the waste material from the TBM.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I'm on board with Chadwickus on this one, the only strange earthquakes we've been having have been linked to fracking, not tunneling.

Cities of 8 million people like NY require extensive underground infrastructure, the water tunnels alone are massive. Still, cool photos - S+F

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

I'm on board with Chadwickus on this one, the only strange earthquakes we've been having have been linked to fracking, not tunneling.

Cities of 8 million people like NY require extensive underground infrastructure, the water tunnels alone are massive. Still, cool photos - S+F

I certainly agree a great many of them are due to fracking.

But I wouldn't be to hasty to rule out underground tunneling.

Missouri comes to mind... Jessie Ventura even went and drove through miles of underground caverns that he snuck into.

The US Government and private organizations are making hundreds if not thousands of miles of underground roads and more.

Even if you don't trust Jessie, there are lots of people who have made videos of these caves:

I think this guy is in Kansas City:

edit on 24-2-2013 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well you have a point, I was in Boston when they had that Big Dig going on, and yeah everyone in the vicinity felt some vibrations from the machines - but they also knew exactly what was causing it, so not really a 'strange earthquake' - in fact not at all like an earthquake. If you think about it, an earthquake or anything that felt like one would be a disaster for the tunneling team, and nothing short of the tunnel collapsing would produce such an effect. Tunneling, or for that matter pile drivers, steam shovels, large trucks, earth movers, etc., don't really produce earthquake-like sensations. Fracking, on the other hand...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join