It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boot print in martian soil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What made this boot print mark, and the mark below it to the left,in the soil?
Whatever made those marks is no longer there so it must have moved.

The sand around these marks is undisturbed, so I think we can rule out erosion. maybe a rock fell there and made the depression in the sand? but where is the rock?

Whatever made the depressions in the sand is longer there or we would see what made the marks. whatever made the marks has moved after making the marks.what forces of nature move? wind, and water, but again the sand around the depressions is undisturbed.

The depressions have not been filled in by further erosion or wind.

It certainly looks like sand but lets assume that it it isn`t sand, lets assume that is solid rock, then that would make these marks even more mysterious. what force of nature could selectively carved marks like these into solid rock and leave the surrounding rock completely unscathed?

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 23-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Just rocks. Not bootprint.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

your second thread on rocks in ten minutes i very much think they are just rocks or you are seeing something that i'm not

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Do you happen to know the scale of this photo? I'm curious to know whether we are talking about a human boot print or a giant marshan footprint?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It appears to be nothing more than a natural divot in the soil. Much like several other similar indentations randomly seen in the photo. What about it causes you to suggest it's a "boot print" when there is no evidence of boot, print, or any other thing that is not part of the natural terrain of Mars?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If there is one boot print, how did it get there? there are no other bootprints

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Do you happen to know the scale of this photo? I'm curious to know whether we are talking about a human boot print or a giant marshan footprint?

It`s from a panoramic view, the prints in the sand look to be fairly close to where the rover was when it took the picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can't see the boot print. I just see rocks.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary

It appears to be nothing more than a natural divot in the soil. Much like several other similar indentations randomly seen in the photo. What about it causes you to suggest it's a "boot print" when there is no evidence of boot, print, or any other thing that is not part of the natural terrain of Mars?

are you suggesting that they were made by selective erosion that left the sand around the depressions untouched?

we know a rock didn`t make those marks in the sand because there is no rock still in the prints.

what ever made those marks in the sand is no longer there and the marks haven`t been covered by erosion or wind blown sand.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It still doesn't look like a boot print. The only thing I see in the pic is the orb or dot in the sky. What are those? I cant tell if there were more loading the NASA img

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A one-legged critter with a boot made entirely of heel?

Sounds pretty damn alien to me!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

It still doesn't look like a boot print. The only thing I see in the pic is the orb or dot in the sky. What are those? I cant tell if there were more loading the NASA img

There are no images of the sky in any of these pictures

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not depressions in sand. Holes in rocks. Like many others.

edit on 2/23/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Rocks, looking like rocks all over the rest of the bloody planet.
And this planet, too.
May I suggest you do an image search of geological formations found on earth first? It might save you a lot of time and eyesight. If you can find similar pictures of earth rocks, unless you see Marty the Martian making the boot print himself, what you are looking at is rock.
Or shadows. Lots of shadows from rocks.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Tardacus
What made this boot print mark, and the mark below it to the left,in the soil?
Whatever made those marks is no longer there so it must have moved.

The sand around these marks is undisturbed, so I think we can rule out erosion. maybe a rock fell there and made the depression in the sand? but where is the rock?

I think you should start by learning the difference between sand and rock. Your threads could be less entertaining than they are now, but at least they would be more correct.

PS: stop using that image and use the original photos, it's always better.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join