It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Sue School For Making Children ‘Religious Guinea Pigs’ — By Teaching Them Yoga

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

They aren't just Hindu that's the point you're missing. Yoga can be nothing but movement, it can be Christian, Hindu... anything and nothing. There's no hypocrisy here and since you went and blamed it all on me because I'm not hard right, I happen to think prayer should be allowed in school, for all religions, for anyone wishing to do so... but that's beside the point since yoga has squat to do with religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wait, so if you get kids to get on all fours and stick their butts up in the air, that's religious?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Nyiah

Even casual practice of Hatha yoga can cause the kundalini to rise spontaneously. It happened with me. Tai Chi involves movement of energy though unseen, so yes if you practice it you are moving energy. It is better if you are aware of it though.

Hatha yoga and Tai Chi are both physical forms of meditation with movement. Yoga means union or to bind the body to the spirit.

You see, though, raising the "kundalini" only means anything to you if you believe in it. I believe it's bunk pseudoscience, and therefore perceive no religious or spiritual benefit. I do, however, feel I gained a tremendous physical benefit from the exercises in the first place.

Basically, if you believe in the woo-woo benefits, you might find yourself believing you're achieving them. If you're like me, and do not believe in that stuff, you merely get good exercise without any preconceived religious/spiritual expectations. Hence why I said if you just do the exercises without doctrine, that it's generic.

Yoga means "to be yoked". It means “binding two together.” When one practices yoga, he is calling to the spirits to enter his body and mind and possess them - Not Jesus Christ nor your Creator, but with the Hindu gods. I do not think that people are understanding this major point. It is a form of meditation. Inherent in yoga is the Hindu belief that reality (everything around us) is an illusion. In its original purpose, yoga, with its various pos-
tures and mantras is meant to be an act of worship to Hindu gods. Although Westernized, the purpose has not changed. Yoga claims to lead a person to the “Truth,” which the seeker discovers requires a re- nunciation of reality and a submission to a spirit Force. You may THINK that it is harmless and merely exercise because that is exactly what it has been sold to the west as - a harmless stress reducer. But just because it is labeled as such here, does not remove nor change what it is - a religious practice of worship. Likewise, contemplative meditation is sold to the descendants of Christians as mere relaxation techniques - YET, Buddhism cannot be practiced without mindfulness meditation.

When are parents going to see their child bowing in a yoga posture and realise that they are allowing the indoctrination of their child into worshipping gods which are NO GODS and yoking them to spirits? When will parents wake up to the fact that Jesus Christ, the Saviour, was kicked out the front door whilst the serpent and his lies were brought in the back door? According to scripture, it truly will be like the days of Noah - the majority not knowing anything until the rain started to fall.

The question is this - next time you see the word "yoga" think about WHAT it signifies. Yoked with the Hindu spirits in worship of them. Then question why you clap and shout hip hip hooray at the removal of Jesus Christ, the Son Of God, the Word Made Flesh, from your children's lives - yet you are willing to believe that those same darn leaders and teachers bringing Hindusism and Buddhism into the vacated school have your children's best interests at heart. Do they have that much power over you as they say "see little Johnny bowing to the false gods? Isn't it cute? Don't worry, trust us, we have his indoctrination under control."

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Wait, so if you get kids to get on all fours and stick their butts up in the air, that's religious?

It's bowing to the Hindu gods. Bowing in prostration IS worship. Just because those kids have not been informed of WHAT they are doing, does not change what it IS. Hatha yoga positions were not developed for personal fitness but rather to loosen muscles and minds in order to prepare them for meditation. Therefore, Yoga is preparation for deeper and more rigorous forms of meditative states. Of course that is religious. Just look at how hard meditation is being pushed on this board alone. The fruit is being held out to all of us, and eating it is an abomination to God.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

What if you do exercises like touching your toes, or push-ups? Did you know that there are yoga moves that are exactly the same as touching your toes and push-ups?

If schools were teaching children to worship gods, that's one thing, but these kids are just touching their toes, doing push-ups and sticking their butts up in the air! You can call it yoga/worshipping Hindu gods, or you can call it exercise, which is what it really is.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

It's bowing to the Hindu gods. Bowing in prostration IS worship. Just because those kids have not been informed of WHAT they are doing, does not change what it IS. Hatha yoga positions were not developed for personal fitness but rather to loosen muscles and minds in order to prepare them for meditation. Therefore, Yoga is preparation for deeper and more rigorous forms of meditative states. Of course that is religious. Just look at how hard meditation is being pushed on this board alone. The fruit is being held out to all of us, and eating it is an abomination to God.

But after they do yoga, they go learn some math or reading - they don't go to meditation/worship Hindu god class.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Meditation is not religious either.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But what if the children were praying to Jesus while performing Yoga? Would that be impossible?

Can Jesus really be kicked out of your body by a few simple exercises? Do these so-called "false gods" really have that kind of power over Jesus that they could really beat him because you stretched your body?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I use yoga in my first grade class almost every day. The kids enjoy it, they will ask to do it if I forget.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

We do it in pre-school and toddler classes at my work. The kids love it and they're much calmer for it. My son has ADHD and I've tried endlessly to get him to do it but he won't. Must be those Hindu demons.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Now that you put it that way, I think I agree with the parents on this... Sounds pretty gross actually I don't think yoga should be in school if thats what you do...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Now that you put it that way, I think I agree with the parents on this... Sounds pretty gross actually I don't think yoga should be in school if thats what you do...

Have you seen the position you have to take at the starting line for running track? They must be worshipping some Hindu god there.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Have you seen the position you have to take at the starting line for running track? They must be worshipping some Hindu god there.
NIKE ? YES i would consider it so as any other... It is all the same indoctrination

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It is this sort of short and narrow mind that is killing the whole world.

I do love my American cousins, but boy is your world screwed up!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Think Progress

How, by any measure of logic, is this a case of violation of religious freedom? What is religious about Yoga? It is a popular form of exercise practiced throughout the world, regardless of religion. To me it's like saying if a Christian does jumping jacks then jumping jacks are Christian.

This is a black and white argument, how could you be so ignorant about the origin of yoga? Yoga is one of many schools of Hindu philosophy. There is the religion right there: Hinduism. Forcing students to practice Hinduism is the problem. It's exercises that came from religion. The suing parents are recognizing the origin of the practice, not trying to ignore it.

You'll find it in reality out there, parents getting upset if their kids learn yoga, meditation, hypnosis, prayer, horoscopes, holiday celebrations, even using the term "God" in class somewhere. It's their freedom to determine what they will be exposed to in class, like not being cross-contaminated with religion. Yoga is intended first as a spiritual practice, not everybody is up for that.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by iwilliam

My assessment is correct, spiritual is not religious and exists only as a perspective. There's no theology or doctrine taught with Yoga.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

I have to disagree. I read some literature from a Hindu baba. He said that yoga is the thing to do to eliminate negative karma, so you can become more enlightened and reach samadhi.

Wikipedia's Page on Samadhi. From the webpage:

Samādhi (Sanskrit: समाधि) in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism and yogic schools is a higher level of concentrated meditation, or dhyāna. In the yoga tradition, it is the eighth and final limb identified in the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali.

Look at all that reference to yoga. There is "yoga tradition", "Yoga Sutras", and "yoga schools". Do you suppose there is theology or doctrine taught with yoga now? So, your statement could be improved.

And people still think it's about downward facing dog and proud warrior positions? No, yoga has deeper meaning in the east than it does in the west.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I guess it`s nice to see that the economy isn`t bad for everyone obviously some people are doing well enough to waste money hiring a lawyer to drag something this silly into the courts.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Public school is no place for yoga.
Instructions include "be one with god",
during breathing exercises your told to
"tune in and be aware of your sexuality".

The philosophy/'spirituality' of yoga is not
appropriate in neutral secular settings.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

This is insane. I take yoga every week and it is so you feel good. it is about strength. these people should be removed from public service.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join