It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Here's me thinking you've gone and changed your avatar to Spiderman with a title like that..

Gladly, you haven't!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

He can't be Spider-man as 'Trep is the best he is at what he does - and what he does isn't very nice.

Oh and he's Canadian... narrows it down to either Wolverine or any of the various Alpha Flight folks - and they don't really have a stellar track record for doing well.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You've called me out in the past for some of my...shall we say "non-PC posts"? (My heart sometimes races before my head) Still, I applaud you and the rest of the staff!

Great pic, S&F!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by billdadobbie

It's no big secret - plenty of formerly banned members are walking the halls in new suits. We know they're here... they know we know it.

As for resurrecting their old identities? They're always free to contact TAN and make a plea for their original account to be reactivated... but not many do. I guess it's easier to start fresh than to try and undo the baggage associated with the past accounts.

My brother in law wants his back and has emailed contact at theabovenetwork three times and they haven't responded to him at all

Is there another email address he should be using or would they be avoiding him?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Has she started downloading a TON of custom skins, meshes, and things yet? If so, then yes it's perfectly acceptable to talk to your anatomically correct and often naked Sims outloud.

If she hasn't gotten that far into yet? Then it's just creepy.

That's OK then
When she shouted at it "do your homework " I jumped up and started looking at her school kids books for marking

Liking the new avy by the way

edit on 24-2-2013 by cody599 because: Forgot to mention avy

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

There's an object she can download that does many cool things... one of them is that it does the homework for the teens.

It is one of the three cheat objects I cannot live without.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

I'm honestly not the guy to ask about that - as I have nothing at all to do with that aspect of things and anything I say would only be speculation.

Any of the owners or admins would be the ones to message and ask.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I can tell by the photo, you guys have a rough job!!!!!!!!!

Soooo......who supplies the beer?

And who supplies the grub.....[like Heff's bacon]

Or is it more like BYOB....

Seriously, you guys do a good job and I felt sorry for ya'll during the election.
I imagine it is hard to patrol all the threads and keep all of us in line.

I enjoyed reading this thead......

Most of the questions have been asked already but if I think of anything new, I'll be back.

Keep up the good work....

Much respect to all of you~
snarky

edit on 24-2-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling.....grrrrrr

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

The newest staff members get hazed something awful and must supply us with alcohol always feel so happy to be on board that they volunteer to give us all free beer. You can tell how long they feel this generous by how long it is in between batches of new moderators.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What was the weirdest or creepiest post that any of you encountered?

ETA: Not looking for names or the post, just a general idea.

edit on 24/2/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We need a new batch of mods then!!!!!!

Everclear will do the job.
edit on 2/24/2013 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Avatar I created for trep some time ago:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Holy crap that's brilliant. If you could make the blades retract and extend, I think he would be in Wolverine heaven.

OK, I have a couple of questions for the staff.

How are the FSME's chosen? A few are obvious with their knowledge of their chosen expert field, but is there proof required? Or just a knowledgeable posting history?

And is there only one Moderator's forum? Or do you guys have a few with different subjects that you can discuss among staff only?

Lastly is there anything that is taboo out here in the forums, that is let slide behind closed doors so to speak?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

How are the FSME's chosen? A few are obvious with their knowledge of their chosen expert field, but is there proof required? Or just a knowledgeable posting history?

Reference the above mentioned alcohol based bribery initiative and precedent.

And is there only one Moderator's forum? Or do you guys have a few with different subjects that you can discuss among staff only?
Actually we have 207 different forums, many with bright and happy neon colors. Just imagine the entire Internet located under one convenient menu. It's freaking amazing..

Wait... that's a secret... I'm not supposed to discuss it.

What I meant to say was "Actually it's one one big, ugly, icky forum that has black coloring - darkly colored to remind us that ATS is all work and no play.

Lastly is there anything that is taboo out here in the forums, that is let slide behind closed doors so to speak?

The T&C's apply to every post on ATS - regardless of location.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

That is awesome.

Hugh approves.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
here is a question I was wondering about.

Is there a physical building anywhere where you guys keep offices and if so is there an ATS mascot?

Can there be one?

If so, I vote a sloth....seems to fit. Or a panda, but I dont think its legal to keep a panda as an office mascot...lol

edit on 24-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

are you so coherent a package that you all share the same view regarding controvertial
issues like sandyhoax, media fakery and no-plane crashes on 9/11, revisionist views
regarding the holocaust, hitler and ww2 etc. if there is difference, how
come i never hear it voiced regarding the above topics, ever?
i have also never heard a moderator come out supported those who suspect (know)
chemtrailing is a reality. the law of averages says there must be at least a few.who
should.
are individual stances on issues investigated before consideration for moderator?
are 'undesirables' rejected?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Some aspects of that question I cannot answer, as I can only speak for myself - and not for the TAN network. What I will say is that the spirit of the question is largely made moot by professionalism and ethics. My own opinions about any given subject have no bearing upon the T&C's nor upon my ability to enforce them.

IE when I was in management, if the company I worked for said nobody could smoke on the property, then nobody smoked on the property even though I, myself, am a smoker. Their house, their rules. The same applies here.

Now, on a personal level?

1. I believe that actual airplanes hit on 9/11
  2. I don't think that chemtrails are real
  3. I don't think Sandy Hook was staged
  4. I am personally positive that Hitler was a douchebag

~Heff

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How are the silver and gold borders awarded?

Is just sheer number of posts or quality thereof ?

And can I have one please I have been here a very long time now

I'll buy the beer

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

How are the silver and gold borders awarded?

The top 50 members, as shown here in the WATS list, all have gold status. It's determined via the mount of flags you have, but with an influence from the amount of stars and posts you have too.

Silver is the next 50 members but there is no actual list of them.

I'll buy the beer

Agreed.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Rising Against because: Blonde moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join