It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confidential, expensive USDA sensitivity training: ‘The Pilgrims were illegal aliens’ [VIDEOS]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey, my first thread here. I searched for this and didn't see it posted already so I apologize if it is, I hope I've posted this in the right forum.

Footage of the United States Department of Agriculture’s compulsory “Cultural Sensitivity Training” program reveals USDA employees being instructed to refer to the Pilgrims as “illegal aliens” and minorities as “emerging majorities” — at “a huge expense” to taxpayers.The video clips were made public Thursday evening by the conservative government accountability group Judicial Watch, which obtained them through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made on May 18, 2012.

So here we have the USDA forcing their employees to attend a 3 hour "sensitivity training program" and repeat everything Samuel Betances said or face losing their jobs....

I want you to say that America was founded by outsiders – say that – who are today’s insiders, who are very nervous about today’s outsiders,

So I guess he can read minds, huh? This is complete crap, why does he think every one of their employees is nervous about "outsiders"? Did they take a poll?

I want you to say, ‘The Pilgrims were illegal aliens,’” he continued. “Say, ‘The Pilgrims never gave their passports to the Indians

I didn't realize the Indians issued passports. And does he know what the pilgrims/puritans of the mid 16th century did to the Indians, the "insiders" of their day? Apparently not, that's a terrible comparison.
So, those Illegal immigrants coming in bringing drugs and crime are just good old pilgrims? Who'da thunk.
Personally, I would not have repeated any of this garbage waste of tax money.

If you take a look at all of you here and you think about your salaries and your benefits and what you have left undone – plus my fee – plus the expense of the team that’s putting the video together, this is a huge expense,

I can't believe this is where my tax dollars are going, a brainwashing seminar from the USDA. Why was this necessary?
Oh, and from what I hear, Samuel Betances was getting paid a pretty good chunk of change, $200,000, actually. I'll see if I can find the link for that, though.

All this nonsense and we're paying the bill. Tax money well spent?

EDIT: The videos aren't working on the site, so here is another from youtube:

edit on 23-2-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Your right, theres no comparison between todays immigrants and the pilgrams/colonists of the 16th century.

Back then, like now they came to build a better life for themselves but unlike now they did it by killing the local population either via guns or disease.

Is this course a waste of money? yes, is it factually incorrect? no
edit on 23/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This guy stole "bam" from an italian.
but that must be what he means by the thing working for all of us.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by kx12x

This is an unfortunate truth, among others, that the US has to accept. I'm glad that it is being brought to awareness no matter what the cost

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I never knew that the Indians at that time claimed actual ownership of the land, but rather that they and the land were all a part of nature and thus the land belonged to none and all- which would include the Pilgrims. It is my understanding that in the beginning the Pilgrims were tolerated, until such a time as their ineptitude caused them to attack the Indians for their winter provisions.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
and the revolutionary soldiers who sniped british officers from behind trees were terrorists

it's all in the eye of the beholder

wake up peeps

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That is true, it was just land for who ever to live off of back then. I was pointing out his bad comparison to the pilgrims, he said it as if they were jumping the border of, the then, non existent U.S.
Today things are different, North America is a sovereign nation now, we do have borders there and it is illegal to cross them without a passport. He is trying to associate "illegal immigrant" with "pilgrim" which is wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against illegal immigrants, but why are people always being pushed to accept illegal immigrants? Not all illegal immigrants are here for a better life.
Why can't we reform immigration policy; make it much easier and cheaper for people who actually want a better life to get into the U.S. legally and send back the drug mules and criminals while reinforcing our borders. wouldn't work better for everyone rather than just "accepting" the uncontrolled borders as if its supposed to be that way, when it's not?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I agree it is a bad comparison. I am also a firm believer in legal immigration. There are too many illegal immigrants and granting what amounts to amnesty is not the way. I understand that there are many here who were brought here illegally as children and know no other life and I'm not suggesting deporting them at all. The thing I have a problem with are those who come here illegally and immediately start having babies as they know that chances are very good that they won't be deported once they give birth to a naturalized citizen.

The solution would be to make the borders secure and to make the immigration process faster (I know some that have been waiting 10 years and more), but for some reason our government seems unwilling to make that happen. The question is- WHY?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by kx12x

I never knew that the Indians at that time claimed actual ownership of the land, but rather that they and the land were all a part of nature and thus the land belonged to none and all- which would include the Pilgrims. It is my understanding that in the beginning the Pilgrims were tolerated, until such a time as their ineptitude caused them to attack the Indians for their winter provisions.

There were several waves of Pilgrims. There were never enough of them to attack anybody for anything without being destroyed early on.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

"Forcing" them actually = they were being paid while attending training. Nothing wrong with that. "or lose their jobs" actually = if they don't attend training, they are insubordinate. Nothing wrong with that, either.

And we frequently see this PC crap shoveled at the poor employees that are in the web of corporate culture. "Liability" and "risk" are curse words in the board room. And giving this kind of training will not only produce a corporate culture, but will shield the corporation from legal liability.

The antithesis to liability and risk is indemnification. And indemnification is second only to cash in the corporate environment.

new topics

top topics

join