It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, a long overdue introduction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, I don't know where to start.

I have been coming to ATS for almost a decade. I have been a member since 2007. I have a problem though. I got banned a few times. It is always my fault. I don't want to make this introduction a sour one. I deserved every ban and learned because of it.

This profile is my attempt at a clean slate. My last one was not banned. I just decided to start fresh. I always looked to ATS as a source of knowledge. Most people think of it as little more than a forum. I don't. I look at ATS as a community that IMO surpasses many that we can have in the "real" world. It has camaraderie, intelligent discussion, heart felt commentaries, and what in essence is a little bit of every one of us.

It has real people on the other end of the screen. They have real emotions and put heart felt sentiment into their thoughts. I have grown to see ATS as a home of sorts. It was at first just a place where cool and interesting things were posted by some eccentric people.

It has become much more than that for me. I have personally grown because of what I have learned at ATS. In a way it is a sort of hobby education. A sort of school.

I always come to ATS. In fact I cant think of a time in the last 10 years that I haven't come to ATS at least once a week. Lately (for the last couple years since I have moved away from home) I have spent every day here. It is a companion in what is really a very lonely time in my life. I started from zero in a new place not knowing anyone. The only place where I could speak and be understood for the most part was ATS. I really do love it. It is more than just a conspiracy site. It is something different for everyone. To me, it is a place for outcasts and people who are not able to speak the things they have in mind without being ridiculed, or misunderstood. It is a place where heartless and base words are not welcome. A place of learning and community. That is what i get out of it at least.

I have grown a little jaded over the years. Frustrated with the world, stressed from work and the everyday circumstances of having children at a young age and before I was ready for it. My own personal BS. That has unfortunately showed in my spewing of what is sometimes hateful and negative comments. I can be a real jerk sometimes. I am working on it. I want to take this opportunity to just say I am sorry. I am truly and honestly sorry. You guys are great and you don't deserve to have to tread through my bile soaked words of ego and self loathing. Just know that I know I did you wrong and plan to make things right. ATS is "just" an online forum, I understand that. I have my real life I love, but ATS is part of that real life. It has changed me and made me better for it. To me, it is a virtual home away from home. I am tired of feeling like I owe it something and still treating it like some sterile nothingness that doesnt really exist. I want to start showing the love.

I will try to keep this profile to a higher standard. A standard worthy of ATS. I cant help being human, but I can try my best to not let it show so much. I will try to avoid words like "retarded", "dumbass", "idiot", and everything else that just starts me down a path of negative and deconstructive criticism. I wont see trolls as assaulting something dear to me. I need to better myself and separate myself from what is just a place I like. I will try not take everything so personally. Since I do feel I owe a debt of gratitude to ATS for its often inspirational and motivating content, I will try.

Over the years, I have stopped focusing on ATS for conspiracy related content. I actually don't even care as much anymore about UFO´s and aliens, and all that as much as I used to. Maybe I just have read too much of it already to see any of it as new. I still enjoy it, hence why I still click on those mars rocks threads that become all sorts of Pareidolia induced and hilarious imagery. I still love seeing videos of big foot, or lights in the sky, stories of secret societies, ancient civilizations, ancient and religious text commentary.....all of it. I just come here for the people behind the stories more. I come here because of you all. You are great minds and I am often humbled by you.

I don't want to drag this out as I tend to be very verbose to a point of nausea. I will just sum it up as follows:
I love it here, because of you. I am sorry, I have been an ass. You are great, which is why I like your company.
I will try to hold myself to a higher standard, one worthy of ATS.

so that is about it. I should have made an intro before. It feels good. Anyways, thank you.

Live long and prosper and all that jazz.

ATS,

you´re awesome.

edit on 23-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well that explains it...haha j/k

I have grown a little jaded over the years. Frustrated with the world, stressed from work and the everyday circumstances of having children at a young age and before I was ready for it. My own personal BS. That has unfortunately showed in my spewing of what is sometimes hateful and negative comments. I can be a real jerk sometimes. I am working on it.

If it's any consolation, and not that you weren't already aware (10 years and such), there is a forum for "venting" (though T&C's still apply) and if you're ever feeling held down by the weight of the world for whatever reason....

go Rant about it.

It's therapeutic to get it all out sometimes.

It's good you're learning from your mistakes of the past, it's those that don't that worry me. I've found that once I learned, and more, accepted my own faults and learned how to correct them, everything became much easier.

Welcome....back

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Welcome Home, Fellow Traveler. You know the routine, leave your muddy shoes at the door, choose the tin foil hat of your choice, from the shelf. Very nice intro...look forward to meeting you in the back 40.....

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

There is a something comforting and relaxing about your AV picture of BM
Wouldnt it be funny if that was actually you.It sort of fits your intro
Welcome back . Step Nine is always hard and you have pulled it off well.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Seems like you have reached a point where you want to improve your own character. That is where I was a few years back with all sorts of bad behaviours. I believe that as soon as any person looks inside for his own shortcomings, that is where his journey to higher grounds start, it is the starting point for improvements I believe.

Anyway, I try to improve my character by always looking inwards for my own problems during conflicts. I tro to keep calm and say nothing until I have given it careful consideration.

And I try to follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance in line with what Falun Dafa Qi Gong teaches me. I also do alot of meditation and other Falun Dafa exercises to be able to calm down and take control over myself.

I wish you all the best in the future!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. Have a great day guys.

You´re awesome!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

top topics

join