It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyes!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Is there anything in the rules or ethics of ATS that draws the line in allowing violent images? I have seen quite a few on this board lately and i wonder why it is permitted? Have mods just not seen these examples? or are we trying to let people display the pictures they want?

IMO, violence is just as bad if not worse for childrens eyes as sexually oriented material and mild swearing.

Sorry if people feel this is trying to take away your freedom of expression on this board, but i truely think it isnt good for ATS.

OTHER OPTION: is there a mode that could be made to eliminate all pictures and replace them with their links? that way a person could distinguish a questionable thread without seeing anything offensive as opposed to a thread whose pictures are not violent?

---pineapple

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hi pineappleupsidedown

HERE are the ATS Terms and Conditions. Within them can be found:

3.) You will not post links to images or use avatars and signatures that are offensive, abusive, distruptive and/or hateful.

That likely covers your concerns...and I assure you that Staff also share your concerns in regards to violent images. If you come across an image or otherwise within a post here on ATS that you believe to be questionable/offensive, then you can alert Staff to it either by sending us a u2u message (links to u2u Staff can be found midway down the lefthand side of the Main Forum Page - just click on one of our names) or by utilising the Complaints link in the line of links/buttons at the top of the page.

Please feel free to u2u me directly, or submit an alert via the Complaint link, with the url of the thread/image in question and I'll/we'll respond asap as appropriate.

EDIT: In regards to your other question: Within the ATS Store *accessible via your Member Centre, link at top right of the page* you will find an option called 'Turn on low-bandwidth mode.' This Option *I believe* eliminates images from the page and leaves just text. I say 'I believe', as I've never utilised that option before...so if selecting that option does not achieve what you hope, please u2u me and I'll follow up on it for you.

Peace,
ALIEN

[edit on 31-10-2004 by alien]

join