It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ATS live work ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I was fortunate enough to have a thread picked for discussion tonight, unfortunately It'll be about 2 AM my time on my wedding anniversary, and if I'm not asleep I may be otherwise engaged.

I was wandering if any stars and flags go to the OP or just the pleasure and honor of being picked and the 500 points is reward enough ?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

2 a.m., wedding anniversary, and why can't you listen in? Congratulations on your anniversary, and for having your thread chosen. And while I'm at it, congrats on 2 a.m.! May all your days be as full of fun as this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I was fortunate enough to have a thread picked for discussion tonight, unfortunately It'll be about 2 AM my time on my wedding anniversary, and if I'm not asleep I may be otherwise engaged.

I was wandering if any stars and flags go to the OP or just the pleasure and honor of being picked and the 500 points is reward enough ?

That's funny.

Its like somebody finding a wallet and asking for a reward. Are you really concerned with how many stars and flags you have as opposed to the wonderfully interesting conversations that exist here?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I didn't get that out of her/his post at all. The OP just wants to know all the details of the choice. Is there a replay available, so the OP can listen to the broadcast at a later time? Thanks.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

I didn't get that out of her/his post at all. The OP just wants to know all the details of the choice. Is there a replay available, so the OP can listen to the broadcast at a later time? Thanks.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I suppose your right.

It just sounded to me like when you give a homeless person a dollar and they look at you funny and say, "what, is that it?"

I guess I read it wrong. No offense OP

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
All the ATS Live producers do is pick what they consider to be the interesting, current topics for discussion on the show

Stars and Flags?

You are on your own

You can listen to the show on the Rewind Player after it airs

www.illustrial.net...

Semper

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

I was wandering if any stars and flags go to the OP? The thread you posted would continue to get any Stars and Flags that members deemed it worthy to give. The plus is the potential for exposure your thread is going to garner by being discussed on ATS Live, thus possibly generating more Stars and Flags than if it weren't on the show

...just the pleasure and honor of being picked and the 500 points is reward enough?

Just?....just?..the pleasure and honor?...THAT! ...is all that matters OP!

edit on 2/23/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody, may I ask what thread of your was picked? Can you link it here? Thanks.

As for topics, I've been asking if the "bones found on Mars" thread which Arken started will be one of the topics discussed. I'm going to try to listen to this one, it should be a good show.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Aleister

Trying to put the Israeli flag on the moon

Thanks, that was a good one. A true story, I once had in my home a tiny flag that had been on the moon, and had it for about a month. Can't say how (it was in a frame with a couple of patches that had been there too, so I never go to "touch" it or see if a thread was hanging loose, darnit) but it was for a legit purpose and not one of these relic warehouse things, well, it was for an exhibit I had initiated and run, won't say where though.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Are you the lady that tried to pawn that on Pawn Stars? If not there are more than just one of those.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That's funny. Its like somebody finding a wallet and asking for a reward. Are you really concerned with how many stars and flags you have as opposed to the wonderfully interesting conversations that exist here?

If I came across as a star and flag whore
I apologize (insert embarrassed emoticon) I just wandered how it all worked

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by cody599

2 a.m., wedding anniversary, and why can't you listen in? Congratulations on your anniversary, and for having your thread chosen. And while I'm at it, congrats on 2 a.m.! May all your days be as full of fun as this one.

It's a tough choice,
Thanks for the congratulations
I might just slip Mrs C a sleeping potion and have it both ways

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks semper
In my favorites now

edit on 23-2-2013 by cody599 because: needed thumbs up

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Aleister

Trying to put the Israeli flag on the moon

Thanks for that I was ahem
Asleep

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

To answer a bit more, I like to pick subjects that are unusual and "hardcore" ATS when they show up - the more unusual the better - last week we covered 'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis which to me is the epitome of an ATS subject.

Sometimes we also have to go with the massive stories of the time, but we certainly don't do them MSM style.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wedding Anniversary?

Get your priorities straight OP for pete's sake!

new topics

top topics

join