Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Person with a 'long rifle and body armor' reported at Massachusetts Institute of Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
i smell a false flag again.... i mean, until all this gun debate crap..when did this happen on a reg basis?
scare tactics to get the peoples approval for taking all their guns...cool man.

with zero facts or information available, your confirmation bias is showing

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It seems the fearmongering is working.

They have people calling the police at every shadow now.
edit on 23-2-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Slow news day huh>? Anyone can call in and say they saw something, it does not make it true..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
theyll call this guy a right wing gun nut..........and all kindsa stuff......

While the media totally stayed well away from the gun debate with Dorner because of his political views......

Mark my words

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yes!
report your neighbours!

they did hire ex stazi and NKVD people to advise homeland security for the fuhuer

what follows that would be what one would expect I expect

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

No...it doesn't. But what's amazing to me...is the speed at which the news travels these days. I wonder if anyone has ever taken a measurement in miles per hour? Something happens, it gets interwebz'ed and is in Japan in seconds within minutes (for now)....how many miles per hour did it travel?
edit on 2/23/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by starfoxxx

No...it doesn't. But what's amazing to me...is the speed at which the news travels these days. I wonder if anyone has ever taken a measurement in miles per hour? Something happens, it gets interwebz'ed and is in Japan in seconds within minutes (for now)....how many miles per hour did it travel?
edit on 2/23/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)
We could test it... Call in an anonymous tip you see someone with a rifle an d tactical gear and see how long it takes for it to hit the news..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Mass State Police just signaled the all clear.. So apparently nothing happened?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am glad that it had been a hoax, so that no one gets hurt or harmed, and kudos to the public and respond teams for being alert and not complacent.

Always remember the story of the boy who cried wolf. Many would prefer the moral of never to lie, but no human is perfect. It is only our nature. Here's a different take to the moral of the story - He cried too many times, but when the real one came along, no one came for him, because everyone grew apathetic, and the community lost a young child.

In our modern era of high population growth, as mankind gets to rub shoulders more closely than before, it is only natural that disharmony, discontent, anger and intolerance fester.

At the same time, our civil education policies are still tagged upon the dinosaur age and is either not relevant or ignored with cynical disdain, resulting to each doing his own thing WITHOUT THE CONSIDERATION TO OTHERS sharing the same space and community.

There is much to improve within our society on its responsibilities to each other and will take time, not overnight, but in the meantime, we just have to expand more effort and time to be alert and not apathetic, or those whom had died from our society's neglect would have been in vain.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So it was a false flag alarm?

Or a false alarm flag?

So many people eager to pick up their pitchforks...

yikes.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
i smell a false flag again.... i mean, until all this gun debate crap..when did this happen on a reg basis?
scare tactics to get the peoples approval for taking all their guns...cool man.

If we pass another gun law, will these nuts stop appearing?

No.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Probably some guy carrying a poster tube under one arm while wearing a black body warmer seen at a glance while traveling at 50mph = call the cops the worlds going to end...but and its a big but if i'd of seen it and not called it and 30 people had died i'd hate myself forever so its a catch 22

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I find it absolutely horrible that in a place where people come to learn and better their understanding of different subjects, or for that matter any place really, people continue to harm each other. However, I think the worst part of this is that this seems to be becoming more common place in this country...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I honestly feel like i could walk through a campus wearing black motor cycle armor and a pool cue sling carrying case on my back and people would think i was 100% about to kill everyone. Place would be on lock down for the whole day and i might just catch a bullet from from nervous cop or security.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join