It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banksy Arrested In London, Identity Revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by fluff007

Graffiti is an eyesore and vandalism - plain and simple. It's also how street gangs 'communicate' with each other and mark their territory. Tax payers have to look at the ugly mess, as well as pay to have it cleaned up. That the simple truth of it. Lock him up and anyone else caught vandalizing public property asap I say. I'm sick to death at looking at the mess these idiots are making of our communities.

My sentiments exactly.

This buffoon has only gained popularity because of the dumb, liberal lefty "art" critics who will heap praise on any little piece of talentless crap. Like banksy.

Art? I don't think so. Find the idiot and lock him up.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

A big bucket of turps is what is required, methinks.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It seems someone was quick off the mark to offer a replecement.

New artwork appears at site of taken London Banksy

A new mural has appeared on a London street wall at the site where a Banksy artwork was taken and is now for sale in the US.

The Banksy mural, depicting a boy hunched over a sewing machine making Union Jack bunting, disappeared from Whymark Avenue earlier this month.

New artwork appears at site of taken London Banksy

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683

...liberal lefty "art" critics who will heap praise on any little piece of talentless crap...

What on earth are you talking about?

I'd love to know your opinions on art, please show me some examples of what you consider to be 'good' art and we can have a nice discussion with none of these lefty liberal types.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wonder if this story is tied into those arrested with the Counterfeit?
However culprits here used cards but the dates seem too close for a
coincidence. I could be wrong....

14 February 2013 Last updated at 23:42 ET

"Banksy art recovered in fraud probe"

www.bbc.co.uk...

An original work by the artist Banksy has been recovered by police investigating a suspected fraud. The piece, called Wrong War, and a print signed by the graffiti artist were bought by a customer in south London for £12,990 last month. But two weeks after delivering them, the dealer who sold the works learned that the cards used to buy the pieces had been used without authorisation.

"We believe that there may be more than one person involved. "We are also in the process of contacting the card-holders who were unaware that their cards were being used.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Graffiti is an eyesore and vandalism - plain and simple.

Maybe in your eyes it is.. If Banksy's art work is an eye sore, how come they do not all get removed. And why do people pay hundreds of thousands of pounds for his work..

He is an artist.. He is expressing himself.

It's also how street gangs 'communicate' with each other and mark their territory.

Banksy is not a street gang. He is communicating ideas.. Just like ATS.

Tax payers have to look at the ugly mess, as well as pay to have it cleaned up. That the simple truth of it.

If it offends you then dont look at it..

Lock him up and anyone else caught vandalizing public property asap I say. I'm sick to death at looking at the mess these idiots are making of our communities.

Can I lock you up if the way you dress or look like offends me...? Or if the tree you planted in your garden is an eyesore to me...?

He is not just creating art, he is sending a message. And clearly you do not wish to reflect on his message...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

This buffoon has only gained popularity because of the dumb, liberal lefty "art" critics who will heap praise on any little piece of talentless crap. Like banksy.

Art? I don't think so. Find the idiot and lock him up.

Can I lock you up because your avatar (in my opinion) is an eyesore and offensive..?

There are many forms of art. It comes in all different shapes and sizes and colours.. Art that may speak to one person may not speak to another and vice versa. Diversity is art.

Art that you may like, I may not like.

Freedom of Expression.. Freedom of Speech.

I happen to think he is fantastic. You happen to think he is talentless, and so be it.. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Now we are clear, if you do not have anything constructive to bring to this thread then please refrain from posting.

This is not a Banksy bashing thread. This was put up so people who like Banksy were made aware of the situation. Information. Even though the article is a fake..

Happy day to thee..)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I like the guy
Reminds me of how Jean Michael Basquiat started back in the day befote the monkey on his back finally took him.

His name might be a clue to his identity.
He obviously does not want money.
Maybe he is a royal? Maybe a financier ?

Maybe he just lives along the bank of the Thames. Lolol

Anyway, good for him. Its not #ty graffitti. It carries a real message about our worlds problems and that in my eye counts as important work.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Art may well be art my friend but not if your 'painting' it on somebody elses property. Then it becomes criminal damage and you can get locked up for that. Unlike putting an avatar on here. Slightly pointless argument, I think.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Graffiti is an eyesore and vandalism - plain and simple. It's also how street gangs 'communicate' with each other and mark their territory. Tax payers have to look at the ugly mess, as well as pay to have it cleaned up. That the simple truth of it. Lock him up and anyone else caught vandalizing public property asap I say. I'm sick to death at looking at the mess these idiots are making of our communities.

yes Graffiti is an eyesore and vandalism and ugly - but what Banksy does is street art. I went on an alternative walking tour around Spitalfields, and Brick Lane on Saturday aftenoon, to look at street art, and some of it is absolutely amazing. One bloke was in his 60s making small bronze sculptures that sit on the tops of street posts, another had decided to make mushrooms out of expandable foam, and put them on the tops of building corners. Street Art is fantastic, and should be welcomed wherever possible.

[ETA] - if you have permission to paint on the wall - is it then ok? Lots of street artists now do work on walls where there is permisssion to draw/paint etc. Thus not illegal.

[edit to add link ]

edit on 25-2-2013 by CrastneyJPR because: [eta]

edit on 25-2-2013 by CrastneyJPR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
reply to post by Severin

Don't get me wrong, his message is the best thing about his work.

As an ARTIST he's overrated. Strictly as a street artists. THAT'S IT.

Opinions.

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by MmmPie

Got a picture or a link to some of your work?

Sorry bud, I don't even like signing up for e-mail. I'm not about to take pictures of work and upload them anywhere. I can describe the last stencil I did, it was on a McDonald's and it was Ronald McDonald doing a Ballamy Salute with a Hitler Stash.
edit on 23-2-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

1- The difference between an "artist" and someone who designs graphics IS the message IMO. And Banksy somehow comes up with stuff, no matter how simple, that is original and moves people, and makes people think. And I I'm pretty sure his message is usually as clear as it is compelling.

2- Aside from that fact that I don't believe you, I mean at all, you criticize banksy as over-rated, and that's the kind of thing you (allegedly) produce? Cute, I guess....however.....

A- Bellamy salute? So, basically you mean the nazi salute. More or less the same thing, except the Bellamy fell out of use, oh, I don't know, several handfuls of decades ago....

B- What exactly is the message, there? McDonalds is Fascist? Capitalism is evil? Clowns are nazis? I don't get it...

C- You probably could have been more unoriginal if you tried. But not much more, I'm sure.

Ronald McDonald Hitler

So yeah... I guess with brilliant work like Adolph McDonald on your resume, I could see how you would think a guy like Banksy is "overrated."

edit on 12-3-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join