It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea denounces upcoming military exercises in S. Korea in message to U.S. commander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Pak Rim-su, the North Korean military's representative at the truce village of Panmunjom, sent the telephone message to Gen. James Thurman, the commander of U.S. Forces Korea, saying the peninsula is facing "a grave situation where a war may break out any moment," according to the North's official Korean Central News Agency.

"If your side ignites a war of aggression by staging the reckless joint military exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle again under the cover of 'defensive and annual ones' at this dangerous time, from that moment your fate will be hung by a thread with every hour," said the message in English.

- Source

and the tensions just keep rising and the rhetoric as well. These joint military drills are huge and will begin on March 1st:

The Key Resolve drills, set for March 11-25, are largely computer-simulated maneuvers aimed at improving combat capabilities to deter threats from the North. The exercises will also involve about 10,000 South Korean and 3,500 American troops to test various scenarios.

Foal Eagle exercises, planned for March 1 to April 30, are a field tactical training that will mobilize about 200,000 Korean and 10,000 American troops, mostly from overseas, and include a set of land, sea and air maneuvers.

I wonder if the DPRK will keep their word, let's not forget that Asians tend to think and act a little differently than Europeans/Americans do. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing will happen, but somehow it seems it will be unavoidable at some point that something might happen, unfortunately. China should have a serious talk with it's little neighbor.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Can’t see North Korea attacking anyone. Perhaps they’ll do another nuclear test. Surely they’d know that if they attack the South now they’ll have the US and whoever else knocking on their door. Korean people are a pretty clever bunch. Though, I can’t really see why the US is helping the South so much? Why can’t they mind their own business and focus on their own region? Why do they need to involve themselves in this situation? They aren’t the world police and Team America (F*CK YEAH) is fictional... I think...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Closing duplicate NK threads, and leaving the oldest one open.

Please post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join