It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why will people argue Creation vs. Evolution when it is possible to have both?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah...in the absence of an explaination driven by Logic and Science....a VACUUM is created that will fill itself with all sorts of explainations.

Personally I LOVE telling people who are OVERLY Religious to the point of Blind Faith...."Hey...do you know why we call Easter...Easter and why this supposed Religious Holiday is represented by Bunnies, Chicks, Eggs, Baskets filled with Green Grass and Tulips, Daphodils and other such Flowers?"

Such people will look at me and say..."You know...I don't know. Why?"

I reply..."Because it's not Easter...it's the Pagan Spring Solstace Fertility Holiday known as the Celebration of ESTER. Thus the wildly breeding Bunnies...Eggs and New Born Chicks that were placed in a a Green Grass filled Basket along with other foods such as freshly slaughtered Spring Lamb and such."

I then get the wide eyed response...."no...No...NO WAY!" LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have written on this before....

I think the bible portrays a great story of evolution. The Garden of Eden is actually the animal world of innocence with no self-awareness or choice, only instinct. When Adam was tempted by biting the apple from the tree of knowledge it demonstrated the point when Man evolved from the animal world to one of choice where Man can choose between good and evil. As they left the Garden of Eden never able to return they put on clothes due to their evolved self-awareness and unique ability to think in the abstract that gave Man the ability of choice where the great lion bringing down the fawn is only an act of instinct that resides only in the Garden of Eden, where choice does not exists.

I also have thought that the power of God would be much greater if he created earth on a 4.5 billion years voyage to create us and not just do a parlor trick and snap us into existence.

Lastly we always debate the "how", and the how is not important as much as the "why" which seems to never be debated. Who really cares about the how anyways....

edit on 23-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It is interesting that it took the universe about 6 billion years to convert a universe that was like 99% Hydrogen to one with 92 elements allowing for the creation of solar systems and then life....So how long is a God day?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It very well may not be. There may be no GOD or perhaps it is something so Alien in it's nature to us we can't even understand or catogorize it.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I read what he posted. The problem with it is it is all assumptions and opinions and it cannot be placed within a basis of Logic.

As example...I can't say that there is no GOD....nor can I say there is a GOD. Both statements are opinion or assumption.

However...I can say...there may or maynot be a GOD. This has a basis in Logic.

His problem is his posts were specific to the first two statements I just typed.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's because evolution is dumb. Someone on ATS is talking about the fact that teeth prove creation is wrong when in fact it proves evolution is wrong scientifically on their own assumptions.

If you believe both existed then you also believe in God. If so and God created man in his own image..... you've lost the plot right there because evolution started with a microbe that magically appeared in a pond after lava cooled and the earth formed from a bunch of dust that existed after a gigantic explosion of nothing where nothing existed before.

Whoa, too much faith required for that. Evolution is it's own extreme religion of faith. A Christians faith is tiny in comparison.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It's because evolution is dumb.

Kind of lost interest in reading your post after this....isn't life just a bunch of chemical reactions? Wasn't the start of life...dare I say it...chemical reactions?

Why do chimps and Man have about 98% the same DNA, why do we have DNA related to ever living thing on earth...including trees and grass?

Why will we be a different species in two million years, unable to conceive with today's Man, just as we would not be able with our ancestor two million years ago. The Horse and Donkey are a great example of two like species on the on the very edge of this with the off spring a mule that is sterile.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My personal view on that specific subject is that, while we can ponder around these two points infinitely, we will most firmly end up with a logical absurdity. I think there is no way to provide valid proof to any of the points for "evolution" or "creation" matter.

Of course there is no harm in investigating those topics but really, for me, it's a waste of energy

But, ehh, take it or not, it's just me

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I agree, both are correct.

From my understanding, all life goes through the evolution of the 8 Densities, and 7 octaves of each density.

However, creation is possible, look at humans cloning sheep (God knows what else).

Food for thought.

Ive never heard of the 8 density, 7 octave thing.....please expand on it, I love new fringe theories.....and literally never heard those terms together.....im gonna go search myself in meantime....thanks for something new!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by MoonChild1973

I can only think that if the Universe and perhaps Multiverse was created by a GOD...such a thing or GOD would be MUCH different that what the religious faithful think it is.

Split Infinity

Might depend on who you ask and what they believe their religion tells them. As a nondualist I can find the same message in Jesus teaching as in Buddhas as in Bhagavad gita as in american natives as in Toltec as in Sikhism.

Genesis has the apple that give the ego mind the illusion that it knows what is right and wrong and believes the egos simplification. That belief in small minded ego is the cause of much conflict and creates duality.

Matthew 25:31-46 The Sheep and the Goats:
For me Jesus here preaches that he is ONE with all who are ONE with it's soul brothers and sisters but disconnected from the ones who are not, separating them into sheeps (followers of nonduality by their behaviour) and goats (followers of nonduality by their behaviour).

Ask not what god can do for you but what you can do for god.
. God seems only to want to be whole again and evolving to the highest you, you can be is the best thing you can do for god. Pure symbiosis is the way.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The problem with Creation vs. Evolution is that people will not be satisfied until they know how god influences evolution.

To answer those questions I think it would be a good idea to research what you call paranormal effects and synchronicity. I have a theory that the idea that is talked about in the Secret (thesecret.tv...), 11:11 phenomenon and the placebo effect is connected.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Then again...there is much more in the way of evidence that no GOD exists at all. I hope one does...but I am not holding my breath.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Are you serious?

You need to read a science book.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You know...you have been nice enough to have this conversation with me...so I have decided NOT to shred this post of yours as it has beauty in it's words but lacks in the reality of Physics.

Sometimes I get a bit carried away with the science and math and physics of things and I forget that there is a person behind such words. I will try not to piss EVERYONE off in one day and try to spread it over several if possible. LOL!

Split Infinity...p.s...Shadows are NOT cast...Light is...shadow is LACK of light...as well as any Light or Photons that are cast are doing so within the rules of Quantum Mechanics which is most likely specific to a Multiversal System as the Double Slit Experiment has shown Photons behaving as both Particle and Wave will actually CHOSE to pass through two slits or obtain two seperate functions at the same time effecting and occupying two different locations of Space/Time....simultaneously. In order for this to happen...our Universal Space/Time as well as all Quanta residing in it as well as residing simultaneously in other Divergent Universal States within one specific Universal Group out of an Infinite number of Universal Groups each one having it's own set of Physics, Natural Laws...and other Constructs of Reality so Alien in their nature we can neither understand them or even describe them...within a Multiversal System.

Aw....crap. I just couldn't shut up. Sorry.

I used shadow as a conceptualization, not as a literal quantity. Shadow is a metaphor for symbolically demonstrating something that cannot otherwise be conceived. Your paragraph, although describing what you are saying well, does not dismiss what I am showing. It is consistent with current dimensional theory.

How come you didn't touch the statement about Dirac? How about the linked video. I keep showing links to amazing discoveries supporting my contentions and they are dismissed. Can you not hear what is being said by my witnesses?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

It is interesting that it took the universe about 6 billion years to convert a universe that was like 99% Hydrogen to one with 92 elements allowing for the creation of solar systems and then life....So how long is a God day?

I assume it is a function of His perspective outside the system he creates. How long is a Sims day on your computer? What you say it is. From your perspective, it can be increased or decreased, yet the characters have no way of measuring the difference. This is a truth Rumi the Sufi noted here:

LINK

"The opposite of light shows what is light,
Hence colors too are known by their opposite.
God created pain and grief for this purpose,
To wit, to manifest happiness by its opposites. 12
Hidden things are manifested by their opposites;
But, as God has no opposite. He remains hidden.
God's light has no opposite in the range of creation
Whereby it may be manifested to view.
Perforce "Our eyes see not Him, though He sees us."

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

OK...you asked me to respond so I will.

Your statements on your previous post are using analogies as far as applying a shadow as 2 Dimensional and what one sees on a computer screen as 3 Dimensional.

Such analogies are incorrect and do not in any way apply. It is not possible for a 2 Dimensional or 3 Dimensional ANYTHING to be seen or even exist in our Universal Space/Time.

What we see when we see a Shadow is not 2 Dimensional...nor is it a 2 Dimensional representation in fact as such a thing cannot be seen by us nor can it exist. Matter cannot exist in anything less than 10 or 11 Dimensional states...thus when we look at a Computer Screeen we are seeing Light or Photons...a Quantum Particle/Wave Form which is acting as both particle and wave and thus what our eyes recieve is a 10 or 11 Dimensional construct or particle of energy.

Even if matter could exist in 4 Dimensions...which it can't since the Electrons need 4 dimensions just to be able to more and another 6 to 7 to act as both Particle and wave...when we look at any object...we are still looking at Photons either reflecting off it or emmitted from it and thus we cannot see ANYTHING in any dimensiionaility less than 10 or 11.

Even a representation is not even close to a reality as since 2-D means no Energy and No Matter can exist...exactly what are we representing as 2-D. The facts are...we CANNOT represent 2-D or 3 -D or 4-D...etc...etc...but we can represent 10 or 11-D.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Because it is just another expression of the "There is a God", "No there isn't" argument. It's about that core belief. Atheists believe in evolution because it supports their worldview. Christians believe in creation because that is what the Bible says. Even Darwin doubted his own THEORY toward the end of his life. But you won't hear that from the evolutionists. They are on the same category as the flat earth society, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It was suggested to me once that people who resist evolution think humans would be less special if they descended from a common ancestor with the animals, rather than having their start fully formed and in the literal image of a deity. Essentially, it's an ego thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I agree.

Just the thought that they are not anymore special than any other Life Form on Earth just KILLS them to no end.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Step back a few thoughts and consider what I said. Educate yourself on the first five dimensions and how they realte to what we observe as shadows of their presence. Take an orthagonal approach.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join