It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words are *MAGIC!*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The best spell was cast when you were given a name!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Very interesting topic.
Though, you probably arent too surprised I find it as such.

I look at the interaction you are speaking of as a math equation. Like most, it has two sides. Each with individual variables that balance out (a=b). This time around, lets call one side "the mind" and the other side "the movement." Catchy, I think.

While they are distinct parts of the equation, making changes to one side will invariably affect the other. It is likely that this has been used to profit extensively at the expense of others. Though, this has only been done to create relativistic wealth. Meaning, that the wealth only has meaning relative to how poor others are.

It can be used in other ways though. Its not so much in creating one mass instant change, but much like tending a garden. We can plant seeds and hope they grow to pollinate even further. Right now, it seems the idea is used to have the "plants" grow only to harvest them mindlessly.

Whenever we read words, they conjure up an image in our minds. Though, as has been suggested, it is not just the words themselves that affect the variables on "the mind" side of the equation. The frequency of words, specific placement, and every pattern involved has an effect on exactly what image will be created.

Noise cancelling technology works because it creates a "white noise" that nullifies the general spectrum of audible sound. In our current society, we have fostered an image of destruction that manifests in many different ways. The key is to create the right equation that cancels out the noise, so to speak. In doing so, it might allow us to start from a newer, fresher foundation that can be built off of old mistakes.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Of course, if things are done correctly, no one will be sure anything was done at all.
Allowing us to go from the baseline from which we should have started in the first place...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Nice job Ergo,

I was hoping I could jump in on your thread in opposition to your OP, but, it seems, I have to agree. Shame, I was looking forward to arguing with you.

Language leads us into tricky places, different worlds, other realms, paradoxes, contradictions and so forth. It even leads people to believe things they themselves cannot verify.

You're right to say that people should realize this. The world would be a better place without such a faith in language.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"words or speech, written or spoken, do not appear to play any part at all in the mechanism of my thought processes. The basic psychic elements of thought are certain signs and more or less clear pictures, which can be reproduced or combined 'to order'." -Albert Einstein (best magician ever?)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
there is something deep within this concept that any true seeker will find obviously true but unbelievably tough to grasp.

“The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.”
― Terence McKenna

ever since i heard those WORDS it has stuck with me.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

For better and worse!

Originally posted by Serdgiam
Of course, if things are done correctly, no one will be sure anything was done at all.
Allowing us to go from the baseline from which we should have started in the first place...

Can't know what it feels like to do it correctly unless we spend some time doing it incorrectly!

edit on 23-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: *le sigh*

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickMcGimmick
"words or speech, written or spoken, do not appear to play any part at all in the mechanism of my thought processes. The basic psychic elements of thought are certain signs and more or less clear pictures, which can be reproduced or combined 'to order'." -Albert Einstein (best magician ever?)

I think almost everyone actually does think this way constantly, we've simply been conditioned to "not notice it"... kinda like how you don't "notice" the air around you typically. There are some who do notice their visual thinking and find that there is much much more going on in there and we call their works genius. But in truth they might just be tapping into what each of us is already doing but conditioned to not be able to "sense" that part of thinking in a conscious aware way.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
there is something deep within this concept that any true seeker will find obviously true but unbelievably tough to grasp.

“The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.”
― Terence McKenna

ever since i heard those WORDS it has stuck with me.

Every grasp is always revealed to be another gasp of a word unable to actually point to the thing it really wishes to "be".

You can only observe the word reality by flipping over to the picture reality. But over there the words are meaningless so the word reality vanishes. Thus why I think we're in a way "shuttering" back and forth really fast... kinda like 3D glasses... in order to create the ability to see both the word reality *and* the image reality at the same time and comprehend them coherently at the same time. Or at least that's where we're going (or were and lost).

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't care what Albert Einstein said, we don't think in pictures we think with words. And words are something we take for granted because we don't think about them too much.

Ironic isn't it?

People who make money writing take words more seriously because they have to. People don't pay money for sub-standard work because that doesn't influence or entertain people. Being learned in that area doesn't necessarily mean you're deep either. It just means that you take it seriously because that's what you were taught to do. The one's who come across as deep have this self-serving, pretentious attitude that I just never understood. They're also the one's more likely to use words to deceive others because they always think they have something to prove. As if they think they're better then other people and go out of their way to prove it by screwing with peoples' heads.

A lot of misunderstandings between people happen when you have one person who thinks out what they're going to say or write to someone else who doesn't put as much thought into hearing or reading it. It's not that one is smarter then the other, it's just that one takes the words more seriously then the other so the words they use might not be appropriate for the people they're trying to communicate to. Therein lies one reason for misunderstandings. You always have to consider your audience.

Now, if that paragraph has you totally confused, that's a perfect case in point.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I don't care what Albert Einstein said, we don't think in pictures we think with words. And words are something we take for granted because we don't think about them too much.

To me that's like saying the dialog is the only thing that communicates during a movie.

My thoughts coming through as words are akin to communicating via Morse code versus Skype. Very valuable stuff going on in there... but... a lot more being said elsewhere.

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I was hoping I could jump in on your thread in opposition to your OP, but, it seems, I have to agree. Shame, I was looking forward to arguing with you.

Language leads us into tricky places, different worlds, other realms, paradoxes, contradictions and so forth. It even leads people to believe things they themselves cannot verify.

You're right to say that people should realize this. The world would be a better place without such a faith in language.

When we have nothing to argue over I have to wonder what Doppelganger universe we've found ourselves in. It's been a good time around here. Time to stop talking during the movie. Again!
edit on 24-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: /namasalute

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Excellent topic OP! If we are living in a fractal universe then perhaps there is a lot of credibility to the theory of projected consciousness into reality.

I think a HUGE tool for the establishment to abuse this potential is in media. It is apparent from the posts I see on this (and other forums), and from travelers I meet -- just how much television/movies (in particular) are an integral part of daily life. Perhaps this is why people attribute movies/television shows as "prophecy" -- when in a possible sense it is BECAUSE of the masses of consciousnesses watching this crap that does end up manifesting into reality at one point.

Just a tangent, but I do agree words are "magic", and before they are words, they are thoughts

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Its big.

I have been focusing on food. Its principal to our/your experience.Probably the universal theme. Thats huge. Huge? It plays a part in everyday life. #What else does?

I used to think food was pretentious. Not any more. Food is the real economy. Food is the backdrop of economics. Food is life.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

For better and worse!

It is a false name that you will protect (it enslaves you).
When you find your real name you will be free.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It really is amazing how subliminal programming, once illegal. Still is per say, is now the norm for all 'marketing' from games as you speak of to what people like to eat or even what they talk about. The saying the pen is mightier than the sword has never been more true. Nothing is impossible with this, the people that use these against others are in my eyes far worse than any terrorist on the planet.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaron
reply to post by Klassified

It really is amazing how subliminal programming, once illegal. Still is per say, is now the norm for all 'marketing' from games as you speak of to what people like to eat or even what they talk about. The saying the pen is mightier than the sword has never been more true. Nothing is impossible with this, the people that use these against others are in my eyes far worse than any terrorist on the planet.

Yes, subliminals and propaganda are very powerful weapons on an unsuspecting population.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Words are literally magic spells.

This idea is fun to think about, but let's get serious for just a moment. When we say that words have power, what we really mean is that gullible minds are weak. If words had any power they would affect everyone and everything.
If someone is stupid enough to believe in witchcraft then they will get sick when told that a witch has cast a stomach ache spell over them.

If words had any power on their own then humans would make this life a true hell on earth.
edit on 2/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Words are literally magic spells.

This idea is fun to think about, but let's get serious for just a moment. When we say that words have power, what we really mean is that gullible minds are weak. If words had any power they would affect everyone and everything.
If someone is stupid enough to believe in witchcraft then they will get sick when told that a witch has cast a stomach ache spell over them.

If words had any power on their own then humans would make this life a true hell on earth.
edit on 2/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

The human mind is a system which works with words and symbols. The human mind system is what controls you. Realize this and free yourself.
What you are is prior to any system.
Know thyself - prior to any concept.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think you are free when you forsake one for the other.

You are free when you embrace both your limited name and your unspeakable name.

The limited is the dream of the unlimited. Why deny them their greatest imagination too?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't think you are free when you forsake one for the other.

You are free when you embrace both your limited name and your unspeakable name.

The limited is the dream of the unlimited. Why deny them their greatest imagination too?

I didn't say anything about denying the character - all is seen for what it is.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join