It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words are *MAGIC!*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

TERRORISTS want to kill YOU and YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

The mere writing of these words invokes more images in your minds than I could possibly hope to achieve in my entire career as a video game developer.

Words are literally magic spells. We have to stop pretending otherwise. Words literally... CONJURE... images in our minds unless we have been trained or learned otherwise.

This is why we are so easy to control. Because a wise wordsmith knows how to get you to reject the truth that you feel in favor of a truth that you "see", despite Autostereograms being perfect examples of how something "real" can be created illusory via repeating patterns.

Why do you think so much money and energy is put into figuring out which are the best books, movies, and games which will stimulate your mind's eye? Which ones will resonate the most with you and thus will be the ones you question the least?

Why do I know this? Because I've *done* it within my career. You might discount the following specific story as being small fry but that's actually kind of the point. This happened on accident.... to be funny... and turned out to reveal a power I only imagined was possible. Much less the avenues I was actually encouraged to pursue for significant $$$ rewards... but declined.

I wrote a story. It was truly a fictional story, but it was a story written by observing my audience, observing what they cared about, and ultimately... using their interests against them. This was a story of why the video game Duke Nukem Forever had been delayed... "forever".

The Chair Story

Naturally the game that came out was awful... but that's not what I'm here for. What I'm here for is to show the reaction of people to a story which 1) had been released years earlier verifying it as a false story and 2) how much effort it took people to convince others it was fake.

www.thebuzzmedia.com...
www.tomshardware.com...

These are just two articles that I dug up on a quick search, not to count the numerous forum discussions around the same time as well as radio, newspaper, and book interview requests due to it. When the story was *re-published*... I went from 5-30 hits a day to 50,000+ per day for a week.

The point is to elucidate how without *any* additional provocation from me... and in fact with some hints left behind to suggest "you've been had"... how unintentionally easy it was to suspend disbelief and get an audience to buy into what I had to say.

There isn't much more to say... if someone is motivated to convince you of something... and have the channels and money to push it... it will get through and there is nothing you can do about it. Had there been an actual coordinated effort between 3D Realms, Epic Games, and myself... we could have turned that story into something mythical that all of you would have no choice but to believe because "we controlled the evidence".

But we didn't, because all I and those companies are really here to do is make something entertaining. But there are people here who have as their entire purpose to trick you and take from you and have the same resources (and more!) as I did... but without the consciousness.

This is an old old ooooooooooooooold game design.

Namaste.... and good luck!
edit on 23-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvM6UWEl-iM] extra DIV

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
In the beginning was the word.
It was the beginning of the battle between good and evil- the human game.

Words are indeed magic spells. Humans are spell bound.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Proverbial nail on the head. S&F.

This same kind of incident happened with an author some years ago for a book. But for the life of me, I can't remember the name. I just remember it took the author years to convince folks it was made up fiction for a story line. If I remember right, it had something to do with why some people have "purple" or violet eyes. People believed it, and it took on a life of its own.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
S&F

I have been trying to relay this message for years. The invoking of thoughts, spirits, emotions, all of it, happens with words, and how we associate them with life.

This is a well known fact in many esoteric communities, but has become more mainstream with those that choose to control. Words together, phrases, are actual "spells" (S-P-E-L-L). Always be careful what you say, that is one phrase I can agree with.

Peace,NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Amazing..... i was thinking of doing a thread with the same or similar title.
lately this has been standing out to me .

One example is an ad for a weed killer , they have sharks circling the field while SAYING 'The Ultimate Kiling Machine . Scary stuff.

Another example . All those funeral ads on tv during the day . A story , a man retire's at 65 decides to take out funeral insurance because he can afford it now. After putting down the phone , he walks out the back door of his
house falls down the step ,breaks his neck and dies.

Another , reading the paper i read about a bad bug going around ( upon reading those words i knew straight away) i got it .

1%

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

the trick is they take your money and mine too

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

And thus the banker war concept is relevant (and part of what I was thinking about when writing the original post):

I was able to retroactively alter history for people for a little while... and I wasn't motivated to or in a position to make it stick. What would happen if the entire wealth and productivity of the planet were up for grabs via some clever magical words? *looks around*

edit on 23-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Robert Anton Wilson (may Goddess be playing a two-handed game of handball with his soul right now) says in some of his material that one theory of ego is that words create it. That if we didn't have words we'd have no ego. I forget who the originator of that theory is, but Wilson credits the person.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The most important value of those that understand how this works is not money.Its consciousness. There lies the whole piece to the much bigger puzzle. Giving your money just tells them that its working. That's why everything has to be bigger, better.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I wanted to quote R.A.W, but something that hit me hard a few years ago, and its what he says about the word "IS". How saying it, writing, it, is making it seems definite, and that there is no such thing.

I still try (sometimes I forget) to not use the word "is", when you dont do it on a regular basis you come to realize that you are comfortable with saying, your just not sure, and you stake no claim in doing so. Plus it forces people to come to their own conclusions, which in itself is an eye opener.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, like we could use words to lift every one's game

That's what education should be about maybe. 1%

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I looked at a video on you tube , through ATS, i think it was on the syntax of language .
When he said ' you cant go through a stop sign " That is so correct as it's impossible to physically go through a stop sign . You can enter a intersection by passing by a stop sign. 1%

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thank you for adding all your different perspectives.

It's a fascinating play because in order to "break the spell" we're required to use the very tools of magic that is attempting to be broken without casting *new* ones over the person receiving the "incantation".

Here is a good one that has kept us busy for an absurdly long time:

"God, etc" is the label those of faith use to describe "All that Is" and believe it to be conscious.
"Universe, etc" is the label those of materialism use to describe "All that Is" and believe it to be unconscious.

So the argument has never been whether "God" or "The Universe" exists... but whether "All that Is"... "Is Conscious"?

But because of two different "magic words" being used to point to the same thing, the users of those words believe they are arguing and spend entire lifetimes arguing about their word choices rather than really discussing the underlying thing that is of actual concern and "tangible" impact.

A few philosophers and theologians have made efforts to remove that veil, but were often still so entrenched in the conclusion of whether it Is or Isn't conscious that what they had to say was lost on most people still firmly attached to specific word usages.

I still fall prey to it all the time in my own fire at will communication. It's been downplayed as simple "self help" advice, but there is deep deep truth to when someone thinks or says "They are such a jerk" and how it literally conjures the "jerk" version of the person being spoken about into a form of existence that then has a tangible impact on the observer of that ephemeral image. The other may actually be a jerk or may not... we all know it's up to who is observing and their preferences and biases.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by Aleister

I wanted to quote R.A.W, but something that hit me hard a few years ago, and its what he says about the word "IS". How saying it, writing, it, is making it seems definite, and that there is no such thing.

I still try (sometimes I forget) to not use the word "is", when you dont do it on a regular basis you come to realize that you are comfortable with saying, your just not sure, and you stake no claim in doing so. Plus it forces people to come to their own conclusions, which in itself is an eye opener.

Peace, NRE.

Yes, I love that practice too. Not using "be" and the forms of "to be" (is, are, were, etc.) played a large role in Wilson's thinking and writing. He wrote an entire book like that, and I've often used that technique in my writing. Appreciaton of Wilson seems to me (a fave expression of his), from reading and talking to people who've heard of him (rare years ago) , growing daily. A fine gentleman with a fine family and circle of friends (Tim Leary and the gang).

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is where I got started. Its a great link and easy to understand, after reading this, and trying it out for myself, realized I was so, so wrong, but my writing, and speech was much better, and my message what ever it was, seemed like I was a talking picture.

users.aber.ac.uk...

Peace, NRE.

From the link.

Deconstructing and contesting the realities of signs can reveal whose realities are privileged and whose are suppressed. The study of signs is the study of the construction and maintenance of reality. To decline such a study is to leave to others the control of the world of meanings which we inhabit.
edit on 23-2-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Yes, I love that practice too. Not using "be" and the forms of "to be" (is, are, were, etc.) played a large role in Wilson's thinking and writing. He wrote an entire book like that, and I've often used that technique in my writing. Appreciaton of Wilson seems to me (a fave expression of his), from reading and talking to people who've heard of him (rare years ago) , growing daily. A fine gentleman with a fine family and circle of friends (Tim Leary and the gang).

Have done similar.

My girlfriend would laugh at me stopping myself to correct certain phrases such as "I have to do Blah" and instead restate "I choose to do Blah" since the truth is even if "blah" is my only "true option" it's because it's the one I've chosen out of all the alternatives... including jumping off a cliff.

It fundamentally transforms the way you see yourself, others, and the "requirements" of living in society.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And then, of course, my namesake Aleister Crowley stopped using the words "I", "me", etc. for a time after realizing that so much of the ego became present through use of those identifying words. He went as far as to cut himself whenever he said one of them (if anyone tries this, pinching oneself may be less drastic, although not as compelling). The gain from this exercise might become profound and obvious after awhile. "I"'ve never tried it, but writing this gives temptation.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Another example might have been the Queen's husbands latest gaff? , as it was portrayed in the media,
but in fact could be taken at least two ways.1%
edit on 23-2-2013 by my1percent because: to add

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

It gets even tougher when dealing with people who are aware of the true nature of language... but pretend otherwise. Or are just naturally gifted at speaking multiple levels at once.

This letter from Einstein on UFOs is an example where he seems to have effectively been able to "cast a cloud" over the understanding those who only read the surface will get... while "clearing the sky" for those who understand what is below the surface. Or it means exactly what he said. Can't know unless we already know... and thus why words are so effective at seeming to clarify while actually more easily obscuring.
edit on 23-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I denounce and renounce all hooks and programming. Not just now, and not just with those words, but I do all it all the time. Have a thread on the code in language.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join