It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Out of Control, this Time in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Why is it that it seems like lately whenever there is a case of police brutality the officers in question always seem to get suspended with pay? In the US we are numb to seeing cases such as this as they seem to happen so often, but I was kinda surprised to see about this case in Canada. This event happened in the town of Trois-Rivières in Quebec. The officers can be seen on the video beating the tar out of a man who had already surrendered and was not a threat. I guess our growing police state in the US is now starting to spread and is in the process of infecting our neighbors to the north.

Four police officers from Trois-Rivières have been suspended with pay over possible misconduct, CBC Radio-Canada has learned.

The suspensions follows an incident during their arrest of an individual suspected of robbery last week.

The officers had been called to a suspected robbery at a pharmacy in the Normanville district of Trois-Rivières early Friday morning.

The four officers then chased a suspect to an area near the Trois-Rivières CÉGEP.

It was what happened during the arrest that has brought the officers' conduct into question.

Trois-Rivières city spokesman, Yvan Toutant, would not confirm what the police are suspected of doing.

He said police officials received information about the arrest which is not consistent with the police report.

According to Toutant, the officers have been suspended in the interest of transparency.

Quebec provincial police have been called to investigate.

Sureté du Quebec Sgt. Gregory Gomez del Prado would only say the force's internal affairs division will be investigating an alleged assault.

Four Police Officers Suspended in Quebec

edit on 23-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: title correction

edit on 23-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: format

edit on 23-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling typo

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sorry Canada.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well as to the pay thing, they gotta be sure they arent punishing an innocent
police officer, you know they have rights and all

also to be clear that was extreme sarcasm, we are suppose to be ok with
police rights being protected and ignore the fact that ours are not protected
in anywhere near the same way.
edit on 23-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: to add

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Well as to the pay thing, they gotta be sure they arent punishing an innocent
police officer, you know they have rights and all

also to be clear that was extreme sarcasm, we are suppose to be ok with
police rights being protected and ignore the fact that ours are not protected
in anywhere near the same way.
edit on 23-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: to add

Haha, you almost had me! After reading your first sentence I was gettin' ready for a curt response. Luckily the (flame) emoticon gave your sarcasm away before I read the rest. It just makes me laugh that they have video evidence and they still get suspended with pay?!?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh is all ok, the police only beat up those who deserve it.....and they would know better than anybody wouldnt they?
No worries mate.....

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Thanks for posting

Sorry about the copy cat thread as our titles were very different and the search engine did not find this.

People in my thread are trying to say it is fake lol.

Anyways I gave you a star and flag. The lack of interest in this thread was probably due to the forum you put it in, in my opinion you should have put it elsewhere and it would have received more attention that it certainly deserves.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for posting

Sorry about the copy cat thread as our titles were very different and the search engine did not find this.

People in my thread are trying to say it is fake lol.

Anyways I gave you a star and flag. The lack of interest in this thread was probably due to the forum you put it in, in my opinion you should have put it elsewhere and it would have received more attention that it certainly deserves.

It's okay, it isn't your fault. I will admit I got a little upset, not at you mind you, just at the fact mine got no attention at all. I have had threads moved before for being in the wrong forum, my question is do they really need like 4 different subforums for breaking news?

At any rate thank you and I think I will repost my commentary in my opening post to your thread as well, again it is not your fault it just was confusion on where it should go.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

105 flags and counting, I still have not had a thread take off like that.....grats.....my highest was 46. I would like to see the amount of forums get condensed so as to avoid putting stuff in a forum that will kill the thread because it is seldom visited.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

In my 40 plus years of driving, I have only come across a couple of idiot cops but they were sorted out very well in court. That being said, I do know of other people who were involved in actual crimes that were treated pretty badly. Canada is a screwed up place, the constitution is not worth the paper it's written on. You have one right;

The right to STFU.

Sadly, until our government is brought to task, this will continue. We have traitors in government and the overseers of government.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
January 3, 106 BC - December 7, 43 BC

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

In my 40 plus years of driving, I have only come across a couple of idiot cops but they were sorted out very well in court. That being said, I do know of other people who were involved in actual crimes that were treated pretty badly. Canada is a screwed up place, the constitution is not worth the paper it's written on. You have one right;

The right to STFU.

Sadly, until our government is brought to task, this will continue. We have traitors in government and the overseers of government.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
January 3, 106 BC - December 7, 43 BC

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Cheers - Dave

I feel your pain, the US is not exactly the shining beacon that she was once upon a time. Lady Liberty is fast losing her luster at home and abroad. I do like that quote, often those who make and enforce the laws end up being the snake that poisons stealthily unseen from within.

top topics

join