It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink stripe on illegal immigrants' driver's licenses considered in NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Pink stripe on illegal immigrants' driver's licenses considered in NC

A new North Carolina driver's license set to be issued to some illegal immigrants has a bright pink stripe and the bold words "NO LAWFUL STATUS," raising concerns about whether the design will brand those who show it. The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles announced last week that it would begin issuing the licenses March 25 following a lengthy legal review. The Obama administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program grants valid federal work permits to qualified applicants brought to the U.S. as children without legal authorization. Some Republican lawmakers in the state have balked at the idea, filing a bill Thursday to bar the DMV from granting the licenses until at least June.

The question i have is why are they allowed to get license anyway? If they are illegal they shouldn't be in line at the DMV they should be at the border waiting to be deported.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Beats me. I'm not against immigration, however I am against breaking the law. Millions have come to the United States legally, they had to pay their dues and work hard to get it. What a slap in the face it must be to them when people can just break the law by crossing the border illegally and get benefits and rights (which they shouldn't get) like the right to drive a car.

And I don't feel like granting the amnesty is a solution either. I equate it to bank robberies. Just because the bank robbers make it home with the stolen cash doesn't mean they should be able to keep it. Same in illegal immigration, you break the law you shouldn't be able to "keep" staying in the country.

As for the pink stripes on the license, it should read "Deport immediately".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Licensed or not, enough of our citizens have been killed by drunken illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Let me get this straight - they can identify illegal immigrants well enough to put a pink stripe on their license, but they can't deport them? Really?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

A new North Carolina driver's license set to be issued to some illegal immigrants has a bright pink stripe and the bold words "NO LAWFUL STATUS,"

"NO LAWFUL STATUS".....huh? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Are they handing out a license to drive, but at the same time saying it's illegal for them to drive?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Illegal or not, marking someone?

I seem to remember a few people had to wear arm bands and tattoos back during the War.

Just wait until everyone has an RFID chip on their person. Card or body won't make much difference tho because at least everyone will carry a mark, right?

Yeah, there will be a lot of people just loving this idea because they're illegal but when it comes to the legals having to be marked in some way, then what?

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Applicants who apply for these branded licenses qualify for deferred action, and have been given work permits to work legally in this country. However they are not green card holders or citizens.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Applicants who apply for these branded licenses qualify for deferred action, and have been given work permits to work legally in this country. However they are not green card holders or citizens.

Though this is correct, they are still at the head of the line before those coming through the proper channels which isn't fair.

top topics

join