It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you died and woke up as God and were all that was?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What is the thing you fear?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Why should I tell you any of my fears (if I even had any)? What does this have to do with the Original Post?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you don't feel comfortable then by all means don't. I had just figured we had ventured down this avenue together but if you are feeling uncomfortable don't. I'll ease off.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

I'm not sure if I have any "specific" fears, but you never know. New things appear, challenges happen. What is it that you were expecting me to say that you thought we "ventured down" together?

Are you talking about death? I am not said of being dead, but the pain of getting there - somewhat. If I didn't think there was an afterlife, I wouldn't hold on to it as a "hope".

Besides, having NO afterlife is better than burning for all eternity, right?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

arre you saying you dont believe in heaven or hell or lifeafter death in some form or other? What do you think happens when we die?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I do not believe in an afterlife out of fear that there may be nothing when death happens. I believe in it because I feel that it's true.

My point was, a person who believes that hell exists and they may go there, is not believing in an "after-life" out of fear since a "hell-ish" afterlife is worse than none.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think i understand you. You are saying you dont want to believe in an after life out of fear. You want to believe it it exists because having something is better than having nothing, even if the something turns out to be Hell.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My point was...some people claim that we believe in an afterlife out of fear of death (that there may be nothing). They claim that other than that there is no reason to believe, however, there are people who believe that they are going to hell for all eternity and they don't care about "changing their ways" to get to "heaven" and yet they still believe. So that is obviously not completely true, that it is just "out of fear" for everyone.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes i understand you better now, the old saying its better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven may be the driver for some of these after life believes whose motive for believing in after isnt fear based.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

If you "know everything" why didn't you know that scientists say the universe expanded at a rate much faster than light speed. Incredible, I know.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If we are all just bits and pieces of a 'god dream' then that would make god schizophrenic and suffering from a multiple personality disorder. And that would mean that none of us were actually real. Come to think of it .. that might explain a lot about what is happening on this planet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join