It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trinity (The three major forces of exists - The Legend of Zelda's Triforce)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The number 3 seems to be an important number that is associated with "creation" and "divinity". Another number associated with divinity/heaven is the number 7. For some reason these two numbers are - in ALMOST all cultures ancient and present - seen as GOOD numbers. According to the bible 3 is the number of creation, when something is said 3 times, it happens or confirmed. In Ancient Egyptian/Greek Hermeticism "Hermes Trismegistus" is called "thrice (3 times) great".

In The Legend of Zelda, the Triforce is governed by the Three Spirits of Creation which are "Wisdom" , "Power", and "Courage". When you think about it, it makes sense.

Power would be Life/Spirit/Force/Essence.

Wisdom would be Balance/Love.

Courage would be Action/Movement.

In Christianity, the Triforce (Three Powers as One) would be God which is the creator or life essence, The Holy Spirit which is the Love/Balance or Giver of Wisdom, and The Son which had the courage to stay connected to Power (God/Creator) and Wisdom (Holy Spirit).

In Hinduism, The Triforce (Three Powers as One) would be Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

Brahma is the Creator, the Life-Giver (Power - Life/Creation).
Vishnu is the Maintainer (Wisdom - Balance/Love)
Shiva is The Transformer (Courage - Action)

Father (Power)
Son (Courage)
Spirit (Wisdom)

God (Power - Life)
Man - (Courage - Action)
Soul - (Wisdom - Love/Balance)

Body (Courage - Action/Movement)
Spirit (Power - Life force, essence)
Mind (Wisdom - Peace/Love/Balance)

Red (Power), Blue (Wisdom), Yellow/Green (Courage) - The three primary colors.

To me, it seems that COURAGE is the most important because without COURAGE you will not use the power nor would you apply the wisdom. It takes courage to know when to apply and actually use the power.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's just a game but the knowledge it gives makes sense. But I would not but courage as the top one I would put WISDOM as the top, because as we all know knowledge is power, and also wisdom almost derives from everything. William Shakespeare once said "The mind makes up itself." this is probably the most truthful quote in existence anyway nice topic.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

I have to disagree.
What is knowledge without the courage to utilize it? Just potential.

It is pointless if there is no courage to apply it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

I have to disagree.
What is knowledge without the courage to utilize it? Just potential.

It is pointless if there is no courage to apply it.

Rock, paper, scissors.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I don't get your point.
Can you explain what you are trying to say?

There is no rock, paper, scissors without the courage to play.
edit on 22-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What he means is that you can't do one without the other. It's all chance and depending how you use it, such as the game rock,paper, scissors each item has servers a specific purpose. But if you only have courage you will lead yourself to defeat every time because your not using your wisdom, this is the same problem with Power. With wisdom you do not have to fight but you can try different tactics/strategies to win. Courage is just facing fear with the possibility of losing. With Wisdom you have a plan.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Power would be Life/Spirit/Force/Essence.

Wisdom would be Balance/Love.

Courage would be Action/Movement.

Too much of one and not the other attributes creates a polarized person. Strong under certain conditions but vulnerable under others. for example too much courage can get a person killed, too many wisdom can make a person unrealistic. and too much power can turn a person into a control freak.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yes, but with courage, there is nothing scary about defeat.

But you need to have Courage to use power or wisdom.

reply to post by AthlonSavage

With courage there is nothing scary about death, and power cannot even be used without courage to use it, nor can wisdom.

Wisdom will have people thinking all the time without courage to use it.
Power will probably not even be seen without courage.

But courage can be used without power/wisdom and the result may be harmful to the person, but there is no fear of harm/failure anyway...

Yes, I do see them ALL as important which was the whole point of me calling it a "triad/trinity", but COURAGE is the engine which makes it all run.
edit on 23-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, I do see them ALL as important which was the whole point of me calling it a "triad/trinity", but COURAGE is the engine which makes it all run.

POWER makes it run, courage just pushes the accelerator harder.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

How can Power be used to run anything without the Courage to actually use it?

It must be Courage , because Courage allows the Fearlessness of Movement (Flowing Energy/Power).

and Wisdom is just a fantasy without Courage to apply it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Look at this way with analogy of racing car. The car can have huge power engine, a man can sit in car and rev its engine and watch the power rev meter indicate the engine is producing huge torque. The car wont be able to move unless someone with the courage drives the car in race.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Exactly.

The plan may be set. The car may be fueled with gay/power, but unless someone with the courage actually drives it, it is only a potential/possibility.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The car may be fueled with gay/power,

Lol is this the alternative for Solar energy.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I thought I wrote "gas/power".

It can be driven. How to drive it is understood, but is the courage to ACTUALLY drive it there? Otherwise it is just a daydream, that was what I was trying to say.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I thought I wrote "gas/power".

It can be driven. How to drive it is understood, but is the courage to ACTUALLY drive it there? Otherwise it is just a daydream, that was what I was trying to say.

score yourself out of 10, how much

Courage do you have (1-10) >>
Wisdom >>
Power >>

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It will be difficult for me to measure such on a number scale of 1 to 10, and how could I ever know if I have 10 (100%) wisdom? If I am aware of everything I know and every answer to every question I have, that does not leave out the possibility that there are probably more things to learn about that I am unaware of.

The same for power and courage, so I don't know if I could ever be 10 as I could never know if there exists something stronger than I even if I were the most strongest in my own experiences or even if I were courage to every KNOWN challenge in my life.

So, on this number scale, I wouldn't even know how to measure myself.
edit on 23-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
More ancient babble on garbage!

Why do people fear christianity? I think they're on to something. No other religion is attacked like they are on a regular basis, and Noone infiltrates it with such vigor.
You would do it to islam, except, they'll cut your face off and mail it to your ass

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
dblvision

edit on 23-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the scale is relevant only to you, it is a measure of these attributes against you. Are you brave yes or no? ..are you average brave or fearless. ....a fearless person will be a 8 or more. Come on give it a go have some courage.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

I do not fear Christianity, and what does any of this have to do with Power, Courage, and Wisdom?(Unless you are addressing the connections I made with different trinities of religions to these 3).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join