It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I don't need to do my own research. You claim to present facts, but you can offer no proof of these "facts". I didn't curse at you in any of my posts and I ask that you reciprocate. If you're going to get hostile toward me then this conversation is done. Thank you

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomlover79

... it didn't stop. Evolution hasn't been some sort of stopwatch, counting down until humans are sufficiently advanced to notice it, and then deciding to pack it up and leave Earth, maybe to find a new planet to work its wonders on. That argument reminds me of how the sunday school teacher when I was a kid would say that 'The age of miracles is in the past,' when answering a child's question as to why God doesn't save starving children in Africa and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I've offered proof, it's hardly my fault that it's not up to your standards.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

If it didn't stop, then I must ask where does it continue? And can you prove that it continues?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Pfff. Frankly, why should I bother. I'm not sure if you're trollin' or are just as seriously, mind bogglingly dense as you're coming off.
edit on 2/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Don't get aggressive toward me because you can't prove something that you claim to be fact. I already said that I'm not trolling your thread. You drank the Kool-Aid and think everyone else should do so as well. You shouldn't try to argue subjects for which you aren't well-prepared "son". I was never disrespectful to you, but obviously critical thinking makes you aggro. Peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well then, what a tremendous folly posting this thread was. I figured it could, at some point, be trollbait.. but I had no idea how soon that'd happen.

For the record, I'm still open to having a conversation with a creationist, if said creationist is open to being reasonable.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I was being completely reasonable. All you needed to do was provide some proof. Once again, peace. P.S. I'm sure you're going to post something else so you can say that you "owned" me. Go ahead, I have nothing to gain or lose by you putting another post up. The thread history will speak for itself. I'm sure that you're someone who would denounce the Bible because of its "hypocrisy" but there's more truth (historical, archaeological, etc) in that book than any number of Wikipedia articles on evolution you can post. Once again, peace, really! I said I respect your beliefs and I mean that.
edit on 23-2-2013 by freedomlover79 because: Didn't want to get "owned" for a misnomer

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

... I have no interest in owning you, either physically or metaphorically.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Cool. Peace be with you. After all, we the people/serfs are all on the same side, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Evolution is not a theory anymore. Evolution is a proven FACT.

When we finished mapping the Human Genome we compared it with the mapped Genomes of Thousands of Species and we found ALL had the exact same specific Ancient Viral DNA encoding.

There is only one possible way this could happen.

The original Single Celled Organism from which all life on Earth Evolved from was infected by a Virus. Thus ALL LIFE Evolved from the Single Celled Organism shows the same Viral DNA encoding within their Genomes.

This is PROOF POSITIVE the EVOLUTION IS A FACT.

It cannot be refuted.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But it CAN be refuted until you can provide SOLID proof. Think for yourself my friend. Don't believe what everyone wants you to believe. The lack of critical thinking will be the decline of our civilization.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Naturally. And for the record, if you are indeed legit and not simply a troll, it's worth noting that I'm not some rabidly anti-Christian atheist. I'm an agnostic who happens to believe that the Bible, for all of it's faults, is not without its merits. Primarily as a historical document.
edit on 2/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

If you believe in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, then you believe that God did not stop calling prophets after the prophets of the Bible. What is your opinion of the prophecy of the Popes by St. Malachy? By the way, I'm not Catholic, but the accuracy of the prophecy cannot be ignored at this point.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

**Crickets**

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Uhhh....What I posted is a well known fact that you or anyone else can read about in just about EVERY SINGLE PAPER OR PUBLICATION about Interspecies Genetic Comparisons or since this comparison was done YEARS ago...there are some GREAT articles about it in Scientific American and many American Medical Journals.

I do in fact think for myself. Unfortunately it is YOU who are not thinking for yourself as you seem to be bowing down to Religious Dogma which is simply the writings of Ancient Man as Man desperately tried to explain in Religion how and why the Earth, the Life upon it and Man fit into the Cosmic Picture.

To state or even THINK that there is no proof for EVOLUTION is simply ignorant and thick headed. Even if we did not have the Genetic Proof Positive...all one would need to do is see how the developing Human Fetus goes through many states as it grows in the womb as a fetus will show physical attributes of being Reptillian, Fish, Amphibian, various forms of Mammalian Forms...as the Fetus will show the development of Gills, a Tail, various Leg and Arm settings as the Fetus will for a time be a Quadraped and we are ALL FEMALE in the womb until a Hormone here and there is released and then we become Male, Female or Both.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I didn't say that I believe in the Bible, but rather I said that I see it as an interesting historical document. Let's not derail the thread, please.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Ahh, the human fetus. You mean it GROWS in the womb and doesn't evolve? Stop drinking the Kool-Aid man and truly think for yourself. For there is NO definitive proof of evolution. When you can present such proof then feel free to chime in.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Not derailing... so you're saying that someone just thought of wasting thousands of pages of text as a parable and "lessons" for living life? I do agree, though, that Proverbs is an ideal tool for day-to-day living.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

You're new here, I get that. But in the future, if you want to stick around, I suggest that you refrain from telling other members where and when they can and cannot 'chime in.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join