It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by undo

I am saying that since the Matter and Quantum Particles of that make up my body are the same as those that make up say a desk are the same...whether it is my eyes or a doll that I place in front of an action...the same thing will occur.

Split Infinity

but that's not what the experiment is showing. the experiment shows the event's super position being directly effected by observation
edit on 23-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Run the same experiment and place aDoll where a Human would be observing and see what the results are.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

www.youtube.com...

Here is one of many on creationists

Holy Hell, that is genuinely hilarious. I love the voiceover - I'm going to have to check our more of this guy's stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

S&F for the line, "...I want to hear how you or other creationists account for the evolutionary dumpster fire that is the human mouth. "

Nice to see people sowing seeds of humor now and then.

Oh, and FYI, your TLDR version might get read by TLDR people if it were at the top of the post

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Observationalist

So brush twice a day and stay away from candy! LOL!

Split Infinity

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to put your knee in your mouth. Haha

Or trying to dodge hockey pucks.

Have a good weekend

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

I don't need to be slippery. Make it a GOD if you like.

I have no problem with your need to believe in a GOD as is your right.

Please respect my right to doubt the existence of any GOD you might believe in.

Split Infinity

You shouldn't ask for things you're not willing to give, such as mutual respect. When you refer to my need to believe in a God, you are belittling me in your own subtle little way, and I don't exactly find that respectful.
But its cool cuz I'm down for whateva dog.

Anyway, it was a slippery response because you used the term "God like creator" rather than simply "God" or "creator". In the context of your not so factual statement, this term implies that you are open to the concept of a creator, but you're not willing to give him the title of God.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Bone75

His admission pretty much sums up my argument that neither you or any other "scientist" has a realistic idea of how life started on Earth without the existence of a creator.

You don't know anything about me. You don't know my science background, nor my beliefs. If you form conclusions before reviewing the evidence, as you just did, I don't think you're qualified to "have a realistic idea" about how life started either.

I see you're new here... you should spend a little more time reading through the threads and getting a feel for how the responses work.
My post was in response to Splitinfinity's response to you as indicated at the top of the post, and the words quoted were his not yours. No offense.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

No offense at all. It was an honest mistake on my part. Apologies

I see you are new here. Next time be sure the bold 'Reply To' is the member you are replying to. It helps avoid these kinds of misunderstandings. Also, if you look in my avatar you will see a registration date.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I suppose my statement could have been seen as disrespect...but I asure you that was not my intention.

My true intention was to make you aware that in the same way you have your strong beliefs...so do I except my beliefs are based upon what can be proven as a fact or what is possible.

It is not that I either do or do not believe in a GOD...the jury is still out on that and given there is zero amount of evidence or proof for this...I cannot believe or state that a GOD exists.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
these kinds of conversations are both interesting and exhausting, but also frequently demeaning to me as a thinking, fairly open-minded individual. i'll be on a roll, cruising on down that highway of intellectual discovery and slam smack into a wall of criticism about people who share a similar title (creationist) to my own, and usually posted by someone who either hasn't read anything i've personally said, or did and felt my rationale was so far below them intellctually, that discussing it with me would be useless. this resolves to being discouraged from thinking about anything at all in an open forum and from not participating in discussions that always start off with:

group 1 are idiots.
group 2 are not.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I will say this...the average NHL Hockey Team Enforcer who usually has the Brain equivelent of a Bag of Rocks...would STILL be smarter than those who wrote that Intelligent Design Kids Text Book!

I saw one...it's called Of Pandas and Something something....and it was sitting on top of a pile of used books at a Tag Sale. This thing literally insulted my intelligence to the point I was ready to go find those who wrote it and kick their ass! LOL!

It was not what I thought it was going to be and it used not one shread of logic or science.

I would rather have Hockey Pucks slap shot at me from the blue line while I was in the net NAKED...with no pads...that to have spent one micro-second more looking at this book.

It was THAT bad!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i'm going to assume from this behavior that you are not so much interested in sharing of information with others but finding solace in the mutual agreement of like minded critics. this is actually beneath you as a thinking human being because you are more than capable of having a meeting of minds without requiring your partner in discussion first be humiliated or insulted into a defensive posture.

p.s. i could see continuing to discuss it criticially, if there were no one matching your critical target present, but once you have presence of a criitical target or group of targets, why not address the targets personally? shall we all now engage in not saying anything to people we disagree with and just post demeaning videos to support our positions? either you agree that learning is good or you don't. if it's good, then let's learn. if you don't, then why the pretense of asking questions you have no intention of addressing when answers are endeavored ?

this post is addressed to the op. i figure if he doesn't bother to read the posts in his thread, he won't know and won't care and i can assume the thread is not an honest attempt to make a discussion but just a photo op to insult people he doesn't care to engage in meaningful conversation anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

you may proceed to be condescending.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Bone75

No offense at all. It was an honest mistake on my part. Apologies

I see you are new here. Next time be sure the bold 'Reply To' is the member you are replying to. It helps avoid these kinds of misunderstandings. Also, if you look in my avatar you will see a registration date.
Gosh I'm such a tard sometimes! For some reason I was thinking Tidaman when responding to you and had a major brain fart. Sorry bout that. Great advice btw.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I don't think anyone doubts Micro-evolution. It's the fact there's no solid evidence, that i'm aware of that proves Macro-evolution.

Do i believe in intelligent design? Yes. Will an adaptation of a species over time alter this? Nope.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

I fear your idea of believing in intelligent design requires you to be a "religious" fanatic troubling.
You don't have to be religious or believe in "God" to think, something happened on purpose fro life to exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
reply to post by Monger

I don't think anyone doubts Micro-evolution. It's the fact there's no solid evidence, that i'm aware of that proves Macro-evolution.

Do i believe in intelligent design? Yes. Will an adaptation of a species over time alter this? Nope.

personally, i'd like to see a fairly well documented and believeable explanation for how honey bees managed to evolve such a complex society with brains the size of a grain of sand. i've refrained from attacking those aspects i find in evolution to be questionable in favor of trying to answer the op. ah well. i wonder what's on tv.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm a bit lost
But you're talking about the "evolution" of a "society" rather than a species? Right?

edit on 23-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

And yet people think it was all a big giant lucky mistake! haha. Great video

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
reply to post by undo

I'm a bit lost
But you're talking about the "evolution" of a "society" rather than a species? Right?

edit on 23-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

a species in a society, perhaps . yeah that's the ticket.

cause how would their species evolve into such a complex society that uses things we describe today as vector calculus, and do it with such tiny brains? can't say they are doing so as a result of the hive mind brain power, because if that were the case the bees who would be next to venture out to the nectar location, would automatically know, and the dance would be irrelevant. so they are uniquely smart and uniquely mundane, in just the right quantities to defy normal evolutionary explanation.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join