It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

it takes a leap of faith to believe that we were once fish though, regardless of where we think the evidence leads

Does it also take a leap of faith to believe we were once Stardust? That took place before the fish, and yet we once were.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

my belief construct is that you and i are more than mammals, so i'm not going against my own ideas at all. you would prefer i don't think of you as more than a mammal?

what about this? i'm curious what you make of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

We all have a Tail Bone and some people are born with a prehensile Tail....and in the womb...such a tail...even in people who just have a Tail Bone...this tail can be seen as first Amphibian...like a Salamander or Tadpole...then Reptilian...[snip]

We exhibit all the traits of all the species that we directly had an Evolutionary line from.

Split Infinity

Hmmm, do some more research.

The human tailbone is said to be vestigial – that is, it’s an evolutionary leftover proving that we are related to primates. I said that it’s not a “tailbone,” but that it’s the coccyx vertebrae, and that it’s the anchor for 12 muscles that help us go to the bathroom: “The tailbone derived its name because some people believe it is a ‘leftover’ part from human evolution, though the notion that the tailbone serves no purpose is wrong,” explains the Laser Spine Institute. “The coccyx is an extremely important source of attachment for tendons, ligaments and muscles, though it is structured quite differently than other parts of the spine.” Of course this believer in evolution didn’t concede for a moment, and called out, “What about the appendix?” I then explained that the appendix, like the “tailbone,” isn’t vestigial in the slightest, and that it’s tied in with the human immune system. When he mocked that thought, I told him to Google it. In an article called “Appendix Isn’t Useless at All: It’s a Safe House for Bacteria,” Duke University explained, “Long denigrated as vestigial or useless, the appendix now appears to have a reason to be – as a ‘safe house’ for the beneficial bacteria living in the human gut.”

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It is more than likely we exist in a Multiversal System.

Imagine this.

We exist in our 10 or 11 Minimum Dimensional State Universe...and there are probably more than 10 or 11 Dimensional states.

Our Universe is but one of an Infinite number of Divergent Universal Realities within One Group.

Imagine the Multiverse is a Infinite Forest...with Infinite numbers of trees.

Each Tree has infinite numbers of branches. OUR Universe is but one Branch upon one tree.

Each tree is a Universal Group with Infinite numbers of Branches or Divergent Universes and each tree or group has Infinite Universal Realities that all have the SAME Natural Laws of Physics.

Now each other Universal Group...or Tree...has it's own Infinite number of Divergent Universes but each tree or group has a different set of Natural Laws of Physics and in some cases Natural Laws or Constructs that defy definition as they are so Alien in their reality that we cannot understand or even classify them.

So the MULTIVERSE is an Infinite Forest with Infinite numbers of TREES or Universal Groups and each group has Infinite numbers of Divergent Universal Realities as well as each group having it's own set of Natural Laws of Physics or Constructs alien and undefinable.

And our Universal Reality is but one branch of an infinite number of branches upon one tree of infinite numbers of trees in one Forest that is the MULTIVERSE.

In our specific Universal Group or Tree...Quantum Mechanics is made possible as Quanta such as Quarks which exist within Protons and Neutrons and exist at NUMERICAL WILL at or in between a numerical Minimum and Maximum. These Quarks blink in and out of our Universal Existence and probably are transfering or exchanging existence between the doubles of the Protons and Neutron within all Infinite Divergent Universal States in our Group or Tree.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Every Atom in our body was at one time part of a STAR. Lighter Atoms such as Hydrogen and Helium existed and were created by Fusion within Stellar Furnaces as what is going on in our Sun right now as Hydrogen is Fused into Helium.

All Heavier Elements or Atoms in our Bodies were created from the massive explosive force of Supernova...as these create Lead, Uranium, Iron, Copper...etc.

We all are in FACT...........STARDUST.

That was for you LUCY...or was it Lunacy? LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
it takes a leap of faith to believe that we were once fish though, regardless of where we think the evidence leads

Evidence is important to science and our understanding of the natural world, what makes science really important, is that faith has absolutely no effect on truth or reality. Science shows us that it does not matter how much faith you have, reality trumps faith every time.
In science, you don't have to accept anything on faith, there is no "science of the gaps".
Science does not fill in the gaps with faith, there should be a definite and rational justification for any claim... evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have always felt infinity with this theory. It rings true inside. I feel it is part of our souls journey and all of our incarnations happen at the same time. Stephen King uses this ideal in his Gunslinger series of books and then ties most of his books in with this.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

in the last video series i linked (there's more than one in the series) suggests that we are creating our reality via observation AND our choices of what to observe. but in the double slit experiment, it was a non-sentient device doing the measurement that only had a sentient mind behind its usage (that is flippy). so how does a non-sentient bit of technology act as observer capable of changing physical reality or is the electron in the double slit experiment, capable of knowing the artificial device is attached to a sentient lifeform? in other words, which observer is causing the super position to collasce into one reality stream?

another video on the subject of quantum physics discusses a further experiment in which the measuring device was not applied until after the waves were passing thru the double slits, but before they hit the back board. this was to see what would happen to the waves, once they had already passed thru the slits but before they impacted the backboard in an interference pattern of many bands. they immediately changed to particles creating two bands, meaning that it went back in time to before the waves entered the slits.

edit on 23-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomlover79

Some examples...well some obvious ones would be the evolution of modern horses, there are plenty of fossil records showing that horses have not always existed in their current form.

Also, cats and dogs? Take wolves and change their environment, and sooner or later you have lots of different evolutions in shape, size, color, fur, etc. Same with wild cats.

In the same way, take primates out of the trees and put them somewhere like say, a snowy tundra with caves, and watch what happens over the millennia..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ah...Inner space.

I will tell you a secret about the reason for my name.

I am NEVER sick. The only time I have ever been in the Hospital was when I was born and when I was shot several times in the chest in the field. I wore a Ultra Light Weight Experimental Vest that saved my life but because it was an AK and because it was at close range...there was some balistic penetration. I came out OK.

The next time I was in the Hospital was a few years back as I was stricken with a Virus that is transmitted by CATS...as I have a little bastard I love. I came down with VERTIGO which I would not wish upon anyone. I am never sick so I was worried and thought I might be having a stroke so by ambulance I went to the Hospital where i got a CT scan.

The female Doctor came back after the scan and frowned and said...we have to do the scan again. THAT...had me worried...so I got another scan and after awile she came back. I asked her why the two scans? She said she looked at the first one and after speaking with a few other Doctors they decided to get another because they thought it was a bad scan. but the second one was the same.

So I asked what was the same? She said...You have an unusual amount of complex neural interconnections between your right and left hemispheres of your brain. She asked...are you ambidexterous? I said...more or less. She asked...are you good at math or are you artistic...I said...I am a musician and I was going to go to MIT to study Cosmology. She said...well that figures because both your creative and analytical sides of your brain are so interconnected. She told me...usually a person is either creative or analytical but not both.

Thus my name...Split Infinity.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

interesting!

please read my prior post mr. creative genius, and tell me what you think of BOTH paragraphs.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Research what?

It is as I said it is. My examples pertained to it's development in the very early weeks within the womb as it shows various evolutionary traits. 99.99% of all Human Tails that are fully grown are not prehensile...but a few are as they exhibit traits of our simian past.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Are you refering to my Multiverse explaination or Quantum Evolution?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It is not that either a person or a non-living Particle Wave form is choosing...it is just that we are most likely existing within a Multiversal System and Quantum Mechanics can be observed as existing in two or more functional states within our one reality as well as how an observer is not changing the outcome but rather all possible outcomes MUST exist.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

It is not that either a person or a non-living Particle Wave form is choosing...it is just that we are most likely existing within a Multiversal System and Quantum Mechanics can be observed as existing in two or more functional states within our one reality as well as how an observer is not changing the outcome but rather all possible outcomes MUST exist.

Split Infinity

all possible outcomes do exist as a wave of potentials but observation and the decision to observe, is collascing them into one reality of the observer. but how is a non-sentient observer, et.al, an artificial measuring device, collapsing the wave function? does this suggest all measuring devices, whether sentient or artificial, are capable of creating reality or that only sentience can create reality via whatever method it chooses?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Every Atom in our body was at one time part of a STAR. Lighter Atoms such as Hydrogen and Helium existed and were created by Fusion within Stellar Furnaces as what is going on in our Sun right now as Hydrogen is Fused into Helium.

All Heavier Elements or Atoms in our Bodies were created from the massive explosive force of Supernova...as these create Lead, Uranium, Iron, Copper...etc.

We all are in FACT...........STARDUST.

That was for you LUCY...or was it Lunacy? LOL!

Split Infinity

Thi is a snippet from an interview with paleontologist Andrew Knoll, a professor of biology at Harvard and author of Life on a Young Planet: The First Three Billion Years of Life...

Is it hard to go from these little building blocks to a full-fledged organism?

Well, we don't know how hard it is to go from the simplest bricks, if you will, in the wall of life to something that is complicated, like a living bacterium. We know that it happened, so it's possible. We don't really know whether it was unlikely and just happened to work out on Earth, or whether it's something that will happen again and again in the universe.

My guess is it's not too hard. That is, it's fairly easy to make simple sugars, molecules called bases which are at the heart of DNA, molecules called amino acids which are at the heart of proteins. It's fairly easy to make some of the fatty substances that make the coverings of cells. Making all of those building blocks individually seems to be pretty reasonable, pretty plausible.

The hard part, and the part that I think nobody has quite figured out yet, is how you get them working together. How do you go from some warm, little pond on a primordial Earth that has amino acids, sugars, fatty acids just sort of floating around in the environment to something in which nucleic acids are actually directing proteins to make the membranes of the cell?

Somehow you have to get all of the different constituents working together and have basically the information to make that system work in one set of molecules, which then directs the formation of a second set of molecules, which synthesizes a third set of molecules, all in a way that feeds back to making more of the first set of molecules. So you end up getting this cycle. I'm not sure we've gotten very far down the road to understanding how that really happens.

Source

His admission pretty much sums up my argument that neither you or any other "scientist" has a realistic idea of how life started on Earth without the existence of a creator.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

TL;DR version- My question is, why would an allegedly intelligent designer give us too many teeth to fit in our mouths?
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: An abundance of typos.

edit on 2/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

I'm a believer in evolution, however, for arguments sake, A creationist could argue that evolution DOES NOT exist because if it did, our teeth would have evolved to conform to our current jaw structure. That, and the fact that we've never actually seen any macro evolution in anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You can't imagine infinity. You can say it, but you can't conceive it. Infinity is about as crazy as a father-like God.
edit on 2/23/1313 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I met Dr. Michio Kaku at a CD release party of which I must attend 4 a year as my label contract states. He is the silver haired one that is on many a Physics or Cosmological TV show and we hit it off.

We talked about this subject as I presented a theory I have had rattling around in my head. I suggested that Probability was the driving force determining the creation of new Divergent Universal Realities and that the transfer of Quarks and their Numerical Existence was specific to the creation of such Divergent Universal States.

As a kid kicks a ball...and the ball either rolls in the street which causes a truck to turn over as the kid runs after the ball and thus holds up traffic which makes YOU take another route to work which makes you drive by a coffee shop you never go by where you go in and buy coffee and meet your future spouce.

At the moment the ball is kicked and rolls into the road and the kid follows it...a higher probability that this above descibed event will occur thus all matter and thus the Quanta known as Quarks begin to transfer to all matter associated with this possible wife getting event begine to surge toward maximun Numerical Quantity.

If the ball never goes into the street the Quarks exist at close to or at minimum quantity. If the ball rolls CLOSE to the street the quarks exist at medium quantity.

The silver haired one said he had never thought od this Quantum Probability Particle Transfer and thought it was interesting. We also had a few drinks! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Yeah...I never could understand how anyone could give a GOD...Gender.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join