It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The News Media Broadcast The Great Tribulation's Events?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A poster on here talked about the absurdity of Jesus' prophecy about the last days, especially after the great tribulation when the "sign of the son of man" will appear in heaven. I wish I had more time to go into this, because you ask a great question in the OP.

Perhaps I will be able to later.

Nevertheless I would like to address a few of these questions. Firstly, there will be no religion when the "sign of the son of man" appears in the heavens. Here let me explain it.

The great tribulation has two phases. An initial phase, an intermediate period between the first and second phase, and then a final phase. The first phase of the great tribulation will be triggered by the even Jehovah God recorded in the Bible here:

(1 Thes 5:3) Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape.

That cry of "peace and security" is a future event that will be unique in mankind's history. How it will unfold we are not told. We will have to wait and see. But when it does hit then sudden destruction will be "instantly upon them." Upon whom? Revelation 17, 18 speaks of a great harlot known as "Babylon the great." She represents this worlds religions. There it shows us that Jehovah will maneuver the world rulers to give their power to the United Nations in one united thought to turn upon the harlot, devastate, make her naked, and completely burn her with fire. Her destruction will be complete. Thus this world's rulers will empower the United Nations (as represented by the imagine of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns) to turn upon religion and destroy her. You must get out of this world's religions if you do not want to share with her in her plagues and her sins.

At that time there will be nowhere else to flee but to ungodly atheism. Of course at that time Jehovah will prevent his witnesses on earth to be done away with as are all the other religions.

Right now Jehovah has his witnesses warning of these events in all the nations of the earth. They have constantly gone house to house warning the people of these coming events. Most of them have ignored and snubbed the loving message of urgency these peace-lovers bring to the people. The world's media now have ignored the warning, and will not start then to proclaim it. It will be Jehovah's witnesses doing the proclamations.

Now "after the tribulation of those days," when religion is done away with, then the "sign of the son of man" appears in the heavens.

And Jesus does say this:

(Matthew 24:28-30) Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

This is not to be taken literally. In the Bible the heavens refer to the ruling political elements of human society, and the earth refer to the people. There are many prophecies that talk of, for example, a "new heavens and new earth" that are obviously referring to a new government and a new people being governed. For example when the Israealites were repatriated to their homeland after 70 years in captivity to Babylon in 537 B. C. E. the prophecy in Isaiah about the "new heaven and new earth" (Isaiah 51:16).

Thus after those events the world's rulers, and its stars, the ones that the people look up to, their financial moguls, their great scientists, and leaders who all lead them away from God, and especially the world's religious leaders, will all simply fall. They will be revealed for the utter frauds they are, and they will have no saving power what-so-ever for what is to befall mankind. When that does happen, they will be no hope and no salvation to the people. The people will recognize who it is they are fighting against, and they will have no hope left, at that time. Their sun and moon and stars, they will all of them simply loose their false lights they proclaim to be.

Luke recorded Jesus' words as saying that during that time period men would become "faint out of fear" (Luke 21:25, 26) because of what is going to befall them.

At that time the second phase of the great tribulation will shortly thereafter commence, after an all-out assault that Satan and his demon hordes will lead against Jehovah's people. Jehovah will find himself having to intervene to save his witnesses and the battle of Armageddon will have arrived.

What the world's rulers will do when they see that sign after they destroy religion is foretold in Revelation:

cont....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
apparently a double post.

edit on 23-2-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
(Revelation 6:15-17) And the kings of the earth and the top‐ranking ones and the military commanders and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and [every] free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock‐masses of the mountains.16And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock‐masses: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb,17because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Right now Jehovah is only opening the eyes of those whom he chooses too to see and understand these things as we witness about them to the people. Those who are hungering for truth and righteousness, those who are humble and meek understand these truths when Jehovah's servants open their hearts to understand these things. It is not a witness of Jehovah who opens the mind and heart. They are mere spokesmen who are spreading a message, both of salvation and a warning of destruction to the wicked. And Jehovah will open no heart that does not belong to understand these things.

How easy will it be, during that time for him to open the minds and hearts of all those who have remained closed to all of the witnessing that has been done to them up to that point? It will not be a difficult matter for Jehovah
God. He will not need Satan's political governments, nor Satan's religious system of things, nor Satan's media to announce to the people what he is doing.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Don't believe everything you read! Why would the Indian Press (for example) reference Christian prophetic teachings, or is this thread only talking about the US? Those "Left Behind" books & earlier "Christian" movies have a lot to answer for imo. In the unlikely event that World events should play out unambiguously just like those described then it wouldn't really matter how the press reported it, there are enough alternative sources of information these days that if they did anything else no-one would take them seriously. Let's face it, it ain't gonna happen!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

They were omens. Say what you choose, but the timings of these events were too close together. Now, watch how atheists will what Albert Pike foretold.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

And God told you this when?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scmoG
reply to post by SubAce

And God told you this when?

For a better explanation of the above see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

That's fine if you want to be an atheist. Good luck with that when you get cancer, we'll see how you stick to your guns.

Where did I say anything about being an atheist? For the record I'm not even an atheist.

Why do you Christians always assume that if someone isn't a Christian, they are automatically an atheist? Do you realize how stupid this makes you look?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
From what I understand from my reading of the bible, the events in that particular time represent the ULTIMATE SHTF scenario.
Not some minor inconvenience to one nation or another here and there. Simply put the events are so large that would be impossible not to report on them. Billions dead, most likely all around the world, with things progressively getting worse from there.

Comparatively the world today is fantasy island to what is said to come. If a E.L.E. type asteroid crashed into earth killing billions, it would be hard to ignore that. Same goes for The "Great" tribulation. The only reason news wouldn't report on it, is because thee is no more news anchors, to report on it. Great times, great times..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I think CNN is already training their people on exactly how to spin things when the time comes. Could any rational adult not under the influence of the spin doctors really believe this:

“We want to bring in our science guy, Bill Nye, and talk about something else that’s falling from the sky, and that is an asteroid,” the anchor said. “What’s coming our way? Is this the effect of, perhaps, global warming? Or is this just some meteoric occasion?”

Thanks to CNN anchor Deb Feyerich for that little gem

Asteroids? Global warming
Plague of toads? Global warming
Locusts? Global warming
The "rapture"? Global warming (they all melted)
Water turning to blood? Global warming
Yellowstone supervolcano? Global warming

IF Jesus were to show up today, the news media would try to figure out his party affiliation and then spin things from there... could you imagine the CNN headlines? Christ is a Republican, and he's coming for your Medicade!! or... Christ a progressive! Demands more taxes!

What a meteoric occasion!
edit on 23-2-2013 by madmac5150 because: Changed last line from meteoric "event" to "occasion" for the sake of continuity...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No it doesn't make sense.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've said it before in other threads,
If the catholic church picks a pope named Peter
then it's game on. The catholic church knows they are a dinosaur.
And if they are going down they are taking the world with them.

This pope will call Obama the Antichrist and have big oil as their can
of whoop ass.The military, big oils biggest customer,will do their part
putting apparitions or "signs" in the sky. Because Big Oil is on the same
sinking ship as The Church.

Imagine being Obama and having big oil
the church and 90% of white American men thinking you are the devil.
How does the secret service do it?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

The essence of the kind of "tribulation" described in Revelation is that Bible believers would be an unpopular minority.
That makes it unlikely that "religious" interpretations of events would be found in the news outlets.

If anything, I would anticipate something more like;
"Breaking News!!
Another nest of Anti-Socials was discovered today, those crazy people who insult our Leader and refuse to join in the weekly mind-communion with Gaia.
As everybody knows, their obstinacy is the reason for all the earthquakes and volcano eruptions we've been experiencing
So they've all been put in prison for their own safety".

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

And babies with AIDs?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Was there or was there not a literal Adam and Eve?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

HUH? LOL Is that what you think that means? OMG lol .. please tell me your joking? No wonder people don't believe in God. That just pathetic. My god man do some research. Those scriptures you listed are actually very interesting if looked at through a modern glass. If you knew anything what so ever about prophecy it would be pretty obvious that STARS are often used representing the realm of other worldly beings that broke off and are trying to play God and symbolically "fell" from heaven.

Perhaps one day the alleged aliens coming down will fulfill this prophetic uttering for many. Perhaps!(self included) but I set on the fence on a lot of prophecy meanings because I have learned that as you grow in knowledge and wisdom old thinking passes away and makes room for new thinking.

Anyway. Its sad and unfair that you only have been told that much... I wouldn't believe either if all I knew about it is what your reflecting here in this forum. Sad indeed.

-FG
edit on 2/23/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

No they would most likely advertise for the Anti-Christ if is indeed a person. which I think it's a man a spirit and a system but thats my opinion. But yup.. I'm sure they will be rooting for the bad guy and say it's the good guy in any case from what I've seen out of the media hehe!

-FG

<< 1   >>

join