It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The News Media Broadcast The Great Tribulation's Events?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
For instance, are all news channels gonna be focused on the prophesies unfolding before our eyes, making references to the Bible and paralleling them to the events unfolding. (the rebuilding of the third temple, all countries against Israel, the return of Jesus, etc.)

Will the whole world be based on religion during this time, or will it be a side agenda that only believers will understand & see unfold? I'm curious as to how big of a deal religion is gonna be when it begins. I already saw a few months ago on a channel scroll that "1/3 people believe strange weather patterns are sign of Biblical end times)

So basically, my question is.. on the news channels, will religion and the Bible be the main focus of current events pretty much all the time during this seven year period? Will the terms "Antichrist", "False Prophet", the "Whore of Babylon" be used to describe the events taking place day after day, or will it be covered media-wise in a secular manner? Will Satan's influence in the industry try to confuse the masses by manipulating the media and making sense of everything in non-prophetic terms?

I hope this makes sense.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nope....

they will do anything and everything to discredit and distance world events from the prophecies of any religion....they are equal opportunity haters....

If the prophecies of the revelation of John were to tick off like clockwork, the media would find alternate things to report about or discredit any connection to said works....it's what they do.

I doubt that the things you are expecting will happen they way you think they will...if they happen at all.

I think the vision is cloaked in mystery and metaphor and you will not know it is happening until after it has happened and only through reflection will you be able to say "oh crap, that was the ?? sign!
edit on 2/22/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think you gave the right answer yourself,

"will it be covered media-wise in a secular manner? Will Satan's influence in the industry try to confuse the masses by manipulating the media and making sense of everything in non-prophetic terms?"

It wouldn't even surprise me if the media is not covering it at all! They will probably will covering something like: New threat in middle east, jihadist stole nuclear weapons! just to keep our eyes turned in the wrong direction. The best thing you can do is just turn off your tv and look for news on the internet. Mainstream news is all propaganda don't forget that,

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

Didn't you see Katt Williams last comedy special? He covered that. Armageddon will be outside and CNN will still be bull#ting the weather

Cant find the clip online
edit on 22-2-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising
So basically, my question is.. on the news channels, will religion and the Bible be the main focus of current events pretty much all the time during this seven year period? Will the terms "Antichrist", "False Prophet", the "Whore of Babylon" be used to describe the events taking place day after day, or will it be covered media-wise in a secular manner? Will Satan's influence in the industry try to confuse the masses by manipulating the media and making sense of everything in non-prophetic terms?

I hope this makes sense.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that anybody, other than believers of John's Revelation, will refer to current and future events as signs of the "end times"; the MSM will not, most definitely. I am an atheist, however I have studied the Bible extensively, and it is my belief that the prophecy of John the Baptist was entirely symbolic. What I'm getting at is that a firm and alert believer will apply current events to the prophecy, and will refer to the events in biblical terms; whereas, a non-believer whom does not apply current events to the Bible will not. Thankfully, most MSM is secular and will not be hysterically purporting the end of days just because an old man retired from his job.

Oh, cool user name!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Thanks, baha. You as well!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

So basically, my question is.. on the news channels, will religion and the Bible be the main focus of current events pretty much all the time during this seven year period? Will the terms "Antichrist", "False Prophet", the "Whore of Babylon" be used to describe the events taking place day after day, or will it be covered media-wise in a secular manner?

Thats a good thought actually.

I believe the media will just broadcast news reports as political events, without any religious references. Perhaps, we may not even be able to recognize that a prophetic event is taking place.

But I cant imagine seeing the anti-christ on TV, with the designation "Anti-Christ" under his name.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annunak1

"will it be covered media-wise in a secular manner? Will Satan's influence in the industry try to confuse the masses by manipulating the media and making sense of everything in non-prophetic terms?"

It wouldn't even surprise me if the media is not covering it at all!
Peace

Covering what? What exactly does every news channel have to be reporting? What, that an old guy retired? That lightning hit an apparatus that is DESIGNED to attract lightning? That a dove was attacked? None of those things are even listed, or mentioned in Revelations! Come on, people! If you are going to argue a point, at least use facts that are going to help you rather than hurt you. Every generation believes that they are witnessing the "end times", it's a mortality thing; and if you can't see that, then you are only admitting your own blindness.

What were Christians thinking during WWI, or WWII? What about the great famine during the great depression, the dust bowl?! Smh Sheeple (yes, god's sheep) are so afraid of everything, any little thing happens and their panties get all twisted... either that, or anytime something religious happens, they use it to garner attention and exclaim relevance.... get over it already.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

Peace

Covering what? What exactly does every news channel have to be reporting? What, that an old guy retired? That lightning hit an apparatus that is DESIGNED to attract lightning? That a dove was attacked? None of those things are even listed, or mentioned in Revelations! Come on, people! If you are going to argue a point, at least use facts that are going to help you rather than hurt you. Every generation believes that they are witnessing the "end times", it's a mortality thing; and if you can't see that, then you are only admitting your own blindness.

What were Christians thinking during WWI, or WWII? What about the great famine during the great depression, the dust bowl?! Smh Sheeple (yes, god's sheep) are so afraid of everything, any little thing happens and their panties get all twisted... either that, or anytime something religious happens, they use it to garner attention and exclaim relevance.... get over it already.

I'm not saying there is a religious end of the world type of thing coming, i was just stating that IF something like that would happen i don't think the media would cover it because they wouldn't want to spread panic among the masses. However i do think there is a mass uprising on the way on a global scale and we are finally gonna break free from the chains so to speak. Viva la REVOLUTION

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
With the whole world wondering after and worshipping the Beast (Rev 13), I bet the media will spin the Anti-Christ (Let's call him "Joshua," for the sake of the discussion) as some kind of mystical folk hero and the judgements of God as coming from someone nefarious. I can see some sort of news network talking head yelling, "See! Joshua is just trying to help people and the Christian God is this genocidal maniac!"

edit on 22-2-2013 by Snsoc because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
They'd certainly still be around to cover it, that's for damn sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

Peace

I'm not saying there is a religious end of the world type of thing coming, i was just stating that IF something like that would happen i don't think the media would cover it because they wouldn't want to spread panic among the masses. However i do think there is a mass uprising on the way on a global scale and we are finally gonna break free from the chains so to speak. Viva la REVOLUTION

I'll give you a star for that, my friend! Viva la REVOLUTION, indeed. TPTB want to eat their cake as well, but unbeknownst to them we are on the verge of revolt! The hundred year reign of the bank must come to an end, before we are all left out in the cold!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No. Because they won't happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The question is, which parts will they cover? The part where all the hundreds of billions of stars "fall" from the universe to the earth, but don't destroy the earth?
How about the part where the sun no longer gives light, but the moon is still somehow able to reflect red light? Certainly that would be covered as it would prove everything we know about the solar system to be wrong.
How about the part where Heaven is shaped like a cube?
There are many things in Revelation that if happened would certainly be newsworthy, if only for their absurdity.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
The question is, which parts will they cover? The part where all the hundreds of billions of stars "fall" from the universe to the earth, but don't destroy the earth?
How about the part where the sun no longer gives light, but the moon is still somehow able to reflect red light? Certainly that would be covered as it would prove everything we know about the solar system to be wrong.
There are many things in Revelation that if happened would certainly be newsworthy, if only for their absurdity.

The anti-religion zealots love to represent the Bible in literal terms. Forget that Jesus spoke in parables, let's assume that actual stars would fall to earth. Puhlease.

edit on 22-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

How dare anyone try to analyze the veracity of something by holding it to scientific scrutiny. I should have known, this crap is supposed to be taken blindly without any critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

How dare anyone try to analyze the veracity of something by holding it to scientific scrutiny. I should have known, this crap is supposed to be taken blindly without any critical thinking.

ROTFLMFAO!!!! Word!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That's fine if you want to be an atheist. Good luck with that when you get cancer, we'll see how you stick to your guns.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

The anti-religion zealots love to represent the Bible in literal terms. Forget that Jesus spoke in parables, let's assume that actual stars would fall to earth. Puhlease.

edit on 22-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Yeah, he may have conveyed lessons or messages through stories, but the new testament, for the most part, is to be taken literally. That's why everyone is still looking for artifacts that will validate the dang thing... 2,000 years of searching and the world is still waiting.... smh

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

That's fine if you want to be an atheist. Good luck with that when you get cancer, we'll see how you stick to your guns.

Thanks for that assumption of my possible future thought processes. Your statement proves the all-so-true stereotype that is applied to people like you: Hypocritical of the very words you preach, hypocritical to the very lessons you purport; if God was so loving, so powerful, then why give people, children, cancer? Don't answer that, I know what you're going to say, I've been down this road before... I'll state scientific reasons, with facts, and you will continue to berate me personally totally disregarding the necessity of facts in an argument.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join