It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word is, we're going to N.Korea!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just to let you know that many people have got they're facts wrong with the situation with N.Korea!

We ARE going to North Korea..but only on a diplomatic mission to try and solve some of the rifts that have formed over the last few months!

It's also going to be a chance to get the two major sides to agree on courses of action on threats of Bio/Nuclear/Chemical warfare.....

More details coming soon....

Oh, BTW....this came from my Commander at the BW....just incase anyone was wondering where i got my intel!

Dragon.....you've got a good point....get in contact!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I dont believe in coincidences Dragon. It is strange that SARS seemed to appear out of nowhere. New disseases dont just appear out of thin air like that.

It doesnt appear out of thin air.

In china, chinese living on top of each other. They create anti santitarian conditions because of over population. Whenever that happens nature cleans itself by spawning a virus.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Just to let you know that many people have got they're facts wrong with the situation with N.Korea!

Yeah! And you and your commander got it right, of course!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
" (best info is that a Chinese scalar weapon was the cause)."

Just who are the best sources? The internet rumoer mill? Wacko websites with their doom and paranoia?

Diseases do mutate and develop without having to be an act of war by people, sometimes the simplist solution is the best.

Originally posted by dragonrider
It would appear so. Strange that SARS appeared almost the same time that tensions began to rise with NK and nukes and with China (although not publicly) when the Space Shuttle went down (best info is that a Chinese scalar weapon was the cause).

You guys dont actually believe in coincidence do you?

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
are being deployed there, doesn't mean we're going to war...it's a counter to their bluff.

And, if there was a war, I don't share your view on the outcome... This would be a far easier war than you may think....

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In fact, folks, troops are deployed there all the time.

We have military bases there. My brother was deployed there 2 years ago (and still isn't back), my son was deployed there about 3 years ago and came back after a year and then got deployed to Saudi Arabia.

"Deployed" for those of you who might not know means "sent to an existing military base." Troops are being deployed on a daily basis to Taiwan, Japan, Germany, Bosnia, and lots of other foreign bases as well as to US bases.

They deploy them. They send them home.

"Deploy" is not the same as "invade."

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There are troops in the DMZ right now, they have been there for what? almost 50 years.

I think a war with Korea lasts about a month, they have to run out of gas, bullets, food, and clothes sooner or later. They definately to not fit the profile of a fiscal spending nation.

Kim Small Dongs Spending notebook:

Buy 1,500,000 cannons
Buy 50,000 Tanks
Buy 2 liters of Gas
Buy one sock for each soldier

That about sums it up

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
err....!?

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Its seems strange that NK is so keen on fighting a war with the US and making sooo many threats. Trying to sound like they are equivalent to a mini-superpower (like France), when the intelligence shows clearly that they are nowhere near that advanced.

Its almost like they are trying to protect another country. A country who in respect to the US has a
much greater strategic value in respect to being a threat to American territories.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It appears there may be more to this than we think...
This is now on the Drudge Report...

North Korea's military fired a laser in March at two U.S. Army helicopters patrolling the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas in what U.S. officials call a provocative action, Bill Gertz and WASHINGTON TIMES planning to report in Page Ones set for Tuesday, newsroom sources say...

Wonder what this laser weapon is,and what its range is.Obviously it isn't that accurate,or they were sending a message.Does anyone have any info on the N.Koreans laser weapon technology?
Maybe they are more advanced technologically than we believe them to be.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We have been in Korea south for a very long time. The 7th Cavalry HOooAHH!

If you ain't Cav you and SHNIT! lol

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
One thing before we become all shaky and scared over the fact that we are going to war with N. Korea. OK, here are the facts.

North Korea does have a good sized army and are DEFINATELY a more threatening army than the 2nd-rate Iraqis

But, what makes the U.S. the most powerful government in the world is not the size of our army, in fact, it is quite a small army compared to the rest, BUT...

The fact that we have A LOT of money to spend on our army, the best technology in the world for our military, for example:

Apache Longbow
M1A1 Abrams(sp?) SuperTank (The official name, most tecnologically advanced tank in the world)

The M4A1 Carbine, (Mixture of M16A2, shorter barrel)
(It aint the power of this thing that makes it on top, its the fact that its reliable, accurate, and quick, a good SEAL weapon/stealth mission.)

The M16A2 itself, one of the best, also.

1 Thing is for sure...

The U.S. WILL win this war, just like we won the Iraq war except that casualties will be higher (Over 200 this time I would think, I think the total deaths in Iraq before the OFFICIAL war ended was 145 I think. Lets just hope that we can get this over quick

Thanks for your time

---Mac

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The M16A2 itself, one of the best, also. Posted by Mac223

Have you ever actually shot one???

The last time I shot a selective fire M-16 (which incidentally convinced me to NEVER own one) I experienced 5 failures to feed and 2 failures to extract, and one round stuck in the chamber: My only recourse at that time was to spray liberal amounts of break free down the bore and in the ejection port, hold the action handle back and slam the butt on the ground (very dangerous thing to do with a live round stuck in it, but what else are you going to do?) After 4 blows, it finally came loose and I handed it back to the owner.

Imagine that happening in middle of a firefight!

Not to mention the fact that the 3 round burst fixture gives it an exceedingly gritty and crappy 3 stage trigger pull that makes it very hard to hit your target even at modest ranges (on a range without the target shooting back no less!)

By contrast, the AK-47 that the NKs are armed with can be dropped from a plane, run over by a tank, buried in mud and sand, and dumped in salt water, and still come up firing, and will continue to do so as long as there is ammunition in the magazine. The thing is damn near indestructible and DOES NOT stop shooting!

As far as the M4 carbine, I have posted about just how anemic the 5.56mm cartridge is, and from the stubby 14 inch tube of the M4 (especially when stoked with the heavy 62 gr NATO round at reduced velocity), you are putting your life on the line with the ballistic equivalent of a .22 Hornet, with a max effective range of no more than 100 meters.

I'll take my M1A 7.62mm thank you very much.

As for the M1 Abrams, yes, its a great tank, as long as the computers dont go down. If the computers crap out, you can no longer fire the main gun (or run the engines).... You are then a very large sitting target.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We tried (USA) to back off and make NK deal with it's neighbors on this issue.. but no luck.

So finally, NK has threatened Nukes and SK and Japan are scared to death. There is no power in the free world that can stand up to a nuclear power like Korea... as bad as it sounds.. the US needs to set a message about rogue nations w/ nukes that it is intolerable. Unfortunately, this will mean war and reunification of Korea.

I've said all along this will happen, I just don't know when...

NK is blackmailing the US for fuel, food and economic support, while NK takes this aid to build it's military while their people starve and die. Dragonrider is much better at digging up stats.. maybe he'll be kind enough to find out how many die per yer, any ways.... War is in the wind... I think we had hoped that NK would back down after Iraq.. but it made them saber rattle more.

God Bless the USA... May we as a nation be strong enough to do what is right...

And for you liberals out there... If we do not go in, NK will nuke us first... They have said this and also that they will sell nukes to "other Parties"

Think on this as you contemplate your lil town in arkansas or wherever going up in a mushroom cloud if we refuse to act....

This is not good, and I hope NK backs down.. but it is something that has to be dealt with and we are not an isolationist country anymore, no matter how appealing that sounds....

My two cents

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Think on this as you contemplate your lil town in arkansas or wherever going up in a mushroom cloud if we refuse to act....

I've heard this many times, and the thought always makes me snicker. (gallows humor, ya know) I live in Detroit. the only difference the big mushroom cloud would make in a lot of places is that the abandoned lots would now be radioactive. hell, it'd save the city the trouble of actually demolishing all of the abandoned buildings!

not to disrespect anything you said, ArcAngel. I just try to have a sense of humor about the coming s--tstorms. (well, that and how often does one get to gloat about living in the D, sports teams aside?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join