It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Repubblica: Blackmail Ring Behind Papal Resignation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Crosstak on RT about the Catholic church crisis.

Note: I am not for abortions. The problems are not only those mentioned in the crosstalk. However they must start to be resolved. If this structure is incapable of dealing with them, new one will come in place! Thsoe are everyday problems who urt everyday people! As for ex. the communion to divorsed who should go to Episcopal church to receive it, while feeling they are as much cathoics as all the rest. Or the issue of married priests that nearly drove cardinal Schoenborn to aid them and enter into schism a couple of years ago. He said he was not ready at THAT TIME. Perhaps he is ready now. The absurdity of a 200-year outdated policy, as the late great cardinal Martini wrote, is evident on every step if you are churchgoer. And even if you are not.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We all already knew about this. The Church's "new springtime" has failed. It's time to return to the faith and traditions that were present before the usurping of the Church by the infiltrators that the pre-Conciliar popes warned about.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by madmac5150

While the Nazi's may have fallen at the end of WWII, it is obvious that the Grammar Nazi's still have a few left in their ranks.

I'm hoping you did that on purpose.... ("Nazi's")

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

Let's call it sweet irony driven by weeks of 18 hour days

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Another Cardinal resigning due to scandals. would reaally like to see this thread updated and bumped to keep us informed as to what may pan out. British Cardinal skips papal conclave

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Britain's highest-ranking Catholic leader, says he is resigning as archbishop in the wake of misconduct allegations and will be skipping the conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict XVI.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
For those who fail to "feel" the true gravity of the situation, This is but one leg of a three legged stool being kicked out. Vatican City is but one of three nation states who are more bound together than anyone realizes. What happens when you kick a leg from under a three legged stool?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
UNBELIEVABLE! Another thread LINK and people are laughing and joking about how none of these powerful people will ever be arrested!

Child sex slave trafficking and people are laughing and joking???
edit on 26-2-2013 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Australian cardinal: Vatican should act on gay sex claims, says George Pell
www.theaustralian.com.au...

AUSTRALIA'S Cardinal George Pell yesterday called on the Vatican press office to respond "in some constructive way" to reports of an internal investigation by three senior cardinals that told Pope Benedict XVI about an insidious web of blackmail, corruption and homosexual sex inside the Vatican. Italy's La Repubblica newspaper linked Benedict's resignation with a top secret 300-page dossier prepared by Spanish Cardinal Julian Herranz, Slovak Cardinal Jozef Tomko and Italian Cardinal Salvatore De Giorgi into the "Vatileaks" affair, which saw the Pope's former butler, Paolo Gabriele, arrested and jailed for stealing and leaking papal documents

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Will cardinal Pell of Australia be the next one censored by the Vatican? After cardinal O'Brien who was forced to resign two days after he said the priests should be allowed to marry? I guess the Vatican holds documents against every cardinal.
edit on 28-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have researched this issue and I do not get my primary research from Wiki!

Neither do I. The links I provided had several sources. Speaking of sources - where are yours?

The Laws of Italy do not apply to the Vatican! The Vatican makes up it's own Laws and has done so since 1929. It initially took Italy's Laws as a starting point and to appease Italy at the negotiation table. Once the City State was legally formed the Vatican went on its merry way changing whatever was convenient. The Vatican did not update age of consent Laws when Italy did. In fact the moment it became a city state it could do as it pleased as any nation can.

One of the famous excuses given by the Vatican is that there are no children living in the Vatican because, well, they are all celibate. Pity about visitors though! The Vatican does not consider novitiates as children either, do some research to see how old some of those children are.

Another excuse is that the Laws were never updated because sexual acts never occur in the Vatican because it is against cannon Law. You have to love that one!

To further the point Italy has extradition Treaties, the Vatican does not!

The Age of Consent Law within Vatican City is 12!
It applies equally to Vatican citizens as it does to visitors and guests. It is disgusting! The Church Rants on about sexual conduct and pokes its two faced attitudes down every one elses throats while at home they continue to Rape and Sodomize children.

With all due respect, much of what you consider to be the case is in fact mis-information and downright lies spread by the Church itself.

The Catholic Church is the largest multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is the most powerful multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is the richest multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is, by far, the multinational corporation responsible for more heart breaking and dispicable crimes against our children than any other in history.

P

So many claims - not a single source for any of it? Come on now, you can do better than that.

ETA - Sorry OP, I realize this issue is not exactly related to the thread. But the thing that bothers me more than most, is when nefarious people/organizations - like Vatican, Bush family, European royalty, Monsanto, Blackwater, etc. - get FALSE criticism lobbed at them.

It's like taking Jeffery Dahmer - and criticising him for being a Nazi collaborator. There's PLENTY of dirt to dig up on all of these elements, that it really aggravates me seeing people going outside the mountains of great material to seek out and publicize questionable, unverified claims. Especially when the resources required to vet the new material are readily available. (Vatican Law is not secret)

And how that relates to this Vatican consent law (which was for marriage, not sex, but that's another point altogether) - if the residents of the Vatican, who are all celebate (at least publicly) really wanted to bed some kids, they sure as hell wouldn't go through legal channels to do that!

It just seems to be one great big distraction, which evaporates into thin air when closely examined.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join