It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Repubblica: Blackmail Ring Behind Papal Resignation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Italian newspaper La Repubblica has gone to print with a much more detailed series of allegations behind Benedict XVI's resignation.

A lengthy investigation by the Italian newspaper “La Repubblica” has discovered that the origin of the resignation has little to do with health, but instead to do with another word, “influentiam,” Latin for Blackmail. They tie the resignation to the investigation into leaked documents, a scandal nicknamed “Vatileaks” in the popular media. The investigation into these leaked documents, detailing sex, corruption, bribery and scandal released in the book Sua Santità. Le carte segrete di Benedetto XVI, revealed that not only were the accusations true, but that there was a blackmailing ring behind it all, circling even at the highest levels of the Catholic Church.

When the report was delivered, it is reported that Pope Benedict decided that day to resign, a symbolic falling on the sword. He further declared that once resigned, this report, 300 pages, will be released directly to the public on March 1st, revealing every dirty secret, every lie, every blackmail to the world. La Repubblica further continues, that the blackmailing ring involved homosexual members of the clergy. This is tied directly to the procurement of male prostitutes for members of the Papal staff.

Source: Did The Pope Resign Due To Backmail? New Allegations Say Yes

La Repubblica: Sesso e carriera, i ricatti in Vaticano dietro la rinuncia di Benedetto XVI

Vatican Insider: Vatileaks: Pope to ask Commission of Cardinals to tell Conclave members the truth

The three-man commission of inquiry into the Vatileaks scandal is to divulge the contents of their report - which has so far been bound by pontifical secrecy – during the general congregations on the next Pope’s election.

If so, this sheds a lot of light on the reasoning for Benedict's resignation - he will not allow the blackmailers to continue blackmailing the church - by taking away their bargaining power and exposing all the church's dirty little secrets himself in this 300-page report. According to the reporters at La Repubblica, Benedict will use the report to root out the corrupt members of the church, end the cover-up of child sexual abuse, and end the blackmailing ring in one fell swoop.

Gutsy move - if all this is true. March 1st will be an interesting day.

(and apologies for yet another Pope thread)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I seem to remember John Paul II stating that the church is under attack from within by the forces of satan, and forewarned of just this sort of thing happening. As a Catholic I weep for my faith...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's about time the Vatican aired out all of the dirty laundry.

There is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal so I expect many players will go down with this ship.

Funny, when reading your OP and associated links, this kept popping into my mind

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition
2 Thess 2:3

The underlined section being that sinking ship...........

The bolded section being the next Pope.

S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Before he became Pope, Ratzinger was utterly responsible for the coverups of child rape over many decades.

Good riddance.

By and by, interesting to note that the age of consent to a sexual act within Vatican City is ...... wait for it .....12. Yes, 12 year olds can apparently consent to sex. Sort of makes it all legal and nice.

It has been 12 since 1929 and prior to that, as far as I can determine, it was 0.

P

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Sorry, had to push the shiny red button ........... it was so shiny ............... it was so red.

Nice one!

P

ETA star just for the shiny red button.
edit on 22/2/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

According to the reporters at La Repubblica, Benedict will use the report to root out the corrupt members of the church, end the cover-up of child sexual abuse, and end the blackmailing ring in one fell swoop.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Good. Yes, March 1 will be interesting.

We have been given hints of corruption over the years (not just the pedophilia but deaths and the banks), so it will be interesting to read just what is in those 300 pages.

As Philip Berrigan told my sister years ago, Pray for the Mother Church.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

According to the reporters at La Repubblica, Benedict will use the report to root out the corrupt members of the church, end the cover-up of child sexual abuse, and end the blackmailing ring in one fell swoop.

We have been given hints of corruption over the years (not just the pedophilia but deaths and the banks), so it will be interesting to read just what is in those 300 pages.

Ho not much just about 600 year of corruption and pedophilia and murder bank londering.
And GOD only know what else

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by desert

Ho not much just about 600 year of corruption and pedophilia and murder bank londering.
And GOD only know what else

It's "laundering"...

As a Catholic I weep for my faith

As an adult I cry for our education system
edit on 22-2-2013 by madmac5150 because: Had some 'splainin to do

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Before he became Pope, Ratzinger was utterly responsible for the coverups of child rape over many decades.

Good riddance.

By and by, interesting to note that the age of consent to a sexual act within Vatican City is ...... wait for it .....12. Yes, 12 year olds can apparently consent to sex. Sort of makes it all legal and nice.

It has been 12 since 1929 and prior to that, as far as I can determine, it was 0.

P

Are you serious? So when those sickos are committing acts of pedophilia, in some cases they are doing it legally under religious law? I'm starting to hope the next pope is the last. Anyone who gives these criminals money should stop immediatly.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
I seem to remember John Paul II stating that the church is under attack from within by the forces of satan, and forewarned of just this sort of thing happening. As a Catholic I weep for my faith...

That is the cutest darn avatar

Don't waste tears on what must come to pass. Rome is a cesspool of wealth and opulence. It's as if they've never heard of Christ's command to sell all that they have and come follow Him. I left in disgust after my return from the Vatican and don't feel estranged from God for having done so.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wowwww, just Friday totally corrupted government of Czech Republic signed contract with 16 religious groups about so called "church restitutions" (few billion $ in cash, fields, forests and buildings given to those liars). Main benefactor is - surprise - Roman Catholic Church. The contract could waited as law say till late summer but it was rushed in almost total secrecy. Now it gives perfect sense because if it was postponed after this report/pope resignation, our oligarchy will have much bigger trouble to kick it down the road.
I'm so pissed of that I merely get few ours of sleep last days and I even had car accident because I can not stop thinking about it and concentrate even on most mundane things. Now I'm in war with both governmental and clergy parasites. They wanted it they will get it.

P.S. I'm not against religion per se as you can deduce from my signature even from my nickname.
edit on 23-2-2013 by JanAmosComenius because: add

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

While the Nazi's may have fallen at the end of WWII, it is obvious that the Grammar Nazi's still have a few left in their ranks.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder whay after any meadia leak the officials in Vat do not address the issue itself, do not punish guilty, but go after the media and try to punish it. Good we are not in Middle ages because we would have seen burning stakes with books and may be people. SHame on the Vatican's last days! The whole 8 years lauded reign of Benedct was marred with shame. He shouldn't have assumed the Peter's ministry at age of 78, and if he did for reasons beyond our knowledge, he should've resigned much earlier. Hope the new pope, be it Petrus Romanus the last one or not, will clear the mess inside Vatican walls. For the sake of all of us. It is just intolerable to have 1.1 bln faithful who have NO SAY for how the church is being ruled. And it has being ruled and ruined since the last years of John Paul II. Shame! Where is any sound of remorse and penitence from those who promote it? How they would like the people not "sin" if they sin themselves? On what ground they would teach any morale to the wider society that is not catholic? Isn't it better to follow the example of the Russian orthodox church and other congregations who stay more silently and do not try to orchestrate public attacks against groups of people (i.e. gays) and instead concencrate only on the spiritual and sacramental life of the church? And as we saw, the Russian cities avoided gay pride scandals with such policy. Vatican lacks touch with reality, thinks still of playing global force, but doesn't see or doesn't want to recognize the rot within its own ranks. Pity for the Roman church itself!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How about that.....if true the third Fatima secret will be more or less unfolded right before our eyes.
If the next popes named Peter better start paying more attention.....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Good riddance.

P

I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. This website has some good information on that "factoid" as it is referred to. Let me cite a bit:

The Vatican City-State was created under the terms of the Lateran Pact of 1929 between Italy and The Holy See. The pact consists of three treaties. The main intent of the pact was to formally recognise the sovereignty of the Holy See and come to settlement over past losses the Catholic Church suffered (Conciliation Treaty [CT], Article 26).

In it's creation, the Vatican City automatically inherited Italy's laws and penal code. It also allowed that the Vatican would hand over criminals to be tried in Italy, under Italian Law (CT Article 22). The Vatican City does not have civil courts.

One of these laws it inherited was the age of sexual consent, which was 12. This is the "factoid" bandied about on the internet. It is incomplete information, and is likely incorrect.

It is incomplete because the law had two parts. The second part mentions the age of consent is 15 where one of the parties was some-one in a relationship of dependence, such as a Doctor-Patient or Teacher-Student. We could therefore expect the Vatican to prosecute on these issues as a minimum.

However, as I said, this fact is likely incorrect. From what I can determine, the source of this information comes from the Wikipedia page listing the age of consent for all countries around the world [ref]. It argues that once these laws came into existence in 1929, they were fixed from then on. This is not so. The pact allowed for the laws of Italy, as they changed, to continually apply to the Vatican. Currently, this age is 14/16. Specifically:

The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 3 years older. The age of consent rises to 16 if one of the participants has some kind of influence on the other (e.g. teacher, tutor, biological or adoptive parent)

There's quite a bit more, if you're interested. But the point is, it was adopted from Italian law in the legal creation of the Vatican. Moreover, as they tend to update their laws with those of Italy, and Italy now has a consent age of 14, it's probably not even accurate anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
Don't waste tears on what must come to pass. Rome is a cesspool of wealth and opulence. It's as if they've never heard of Christ's command to sell all that they have and come follow Him. I left in disgust after my return from the Vatican and don't feel estranged from God for having done so.

You don't feel estranged from God, because I think God left in disgust right along with you.

edit on 23-2-2013 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Good riddance.

P

I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. This website has some good information on that "factoid" as it is referred to. Let me cite a bit:

The Vatican City-State was created under the terms of the Lateran Pact of 1929 between Italy and The Holy See. The pact consists of three treaties. The main intent of the pact was to formally recognise the sovereignty of the Holy See and come to settlement over past losses the Catholic Church suffered (Conciliation Treaty [CT], Article 26).

In it's creation, the Vatican City automatically inherited Italy's laws and penal code. It also allowed that the Vatican would hand over criminals to be tried in Italy, under Italian Law (CT Article 22). The Vatican City does not have civil courts.

One of these laws it inherited was the age of sexual consent, which was 12. This is the "factoid" bandied about on the internet. It is incomplete information, and is likely incorrect.

It is incomplete because the law had two parts. The second part mentions the age of consent is 15 where one of the parties was some-one in a relationship of dependence, such as a Doctor-Patient or Teacher-Student. We could therefore expect the Vatican to prosecute on these issues as a minimum.

However, as I said, this fact is likely incorrect. From what I can determine, the source of this information comes from the Wikipedia page listing the age of consent for all countries around the world [ref]. It argues that once these laws came into existence in 1929, they were fixed from then on. This is not so. The pact allowed for the laws of Italy, as they changed, to continually apply to the Vatican. Currently, this age is 14/16. Specifically:

The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 3 years older. The age of consent rises to 16 if one of the participants has some kind of influence on the other (e.g. teacher, tutor, biological or adoptive parent)

There's quite a bit more, if you're interested. But the point is, it was adopted from Italian law in the legal creation of the Vatican. Moreover, as they tend to update their laws with those of Italy, and Italy now has a consent age of 14, it's probably not even accurate anymore.

I have researched this issue and I do not get my primary research from Wiki!

The Laws of Italy do not apply to the Vatican! The Vatican makes up it's own Laws and has done so since 1929. It initially took Italy's Laws as a starting point and to appease Italy at the negotiation table. Once the City State was legally formed the Vatican went on its merry way changing whatever was convenient. The Vatican did not update age of consent Laws when Italy did. In fact the moment it became a city state it could do as it pleased as any nation can.

One of the famous excuses given by the Vatican is that there are no children living in the Vatican because, well, they are all celibate. Pity about visitors though! The Vatican does not consider novitiates as children either, do some research to see how old some of those children are.

Another excuse is that the Laws were never updated because sexual acts never occur in the Vatican because it is against cannon Law. You have to love that one!

To further the point Italy has extradition Treaties, the Vatican does not!

The Age of Consent Law within Vatican City is 12!
It applies equally to Vatican citizens as it does to visitors and guests. It is disgusting! The Church Rants on about sexual conduct and pokes its two faced attitudes down every one elses throats while at home they continue to Rape and Sodomize children.

With all due respect, much of what you consider to be the case is in fact mis-information and downright lies spread by the Church itself.

The Catholic Church is the largest multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is the most powerful multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is the richest multinational corporation on this planet!

The Catholic Church is, by far, the multinational corporation responsible for more heart breaking and dispicable crimes against our children than any other in history.

P

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems cardinal O'Brien who just announced yesterday he favors the idea of married priests, tday is accused by three priests of unnamed misbehavior with them. They appeal to the Vatican. That seems to me an attempt to downplay the idea that the new pope must allow married priests along with many other things, that the current and last papacy rpeatedly fail to do. Moreover, the Vatican spokesperson accused the Media of infiltrating the elections. Instead of answering the alleged secret report, he said that all is unprovable and false. Good job!
If the cardinal-electors don't distance of that brutal style of governing the church, we have all the chance the next teo-crat to be even worse of the kind. I occasionally think of Tom Horne's prediction in his book Petrus Romanus the final pope.
edit on 23-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I also wonder how long the Vatican-led financial mis-management of huge amounts of "taxpayer" or faithful-payer money will continue. That is noticed aso on local level, with style of life that few of the common churchgoers could manage to have. On level of priests, bishops, and above. But it is especially stricking when the Vatican receives HUGE amounts especially from the US dioceses, which just go in a black hole. No accountability. I would understand if the churches in Africa have flourished and there were no hungry. But seems that is not quite the case. Unending conferences and travels of bishops from one end to the world to the other. Where is the care for the poor? And now when some of the financial schemes are leaked to the press, the Vatican lashes at the Media as guilty! Why not find the guilty among the ranks? It is just disgusting what happens right now as dirty war between those who had all the influence and money, who will take the next crown. May God send someone who will clear them all and will start a new kind of church organization in the new post-2012 era. Everything short of that will lead to the inevitable collapse. May be speed up by a person whom SOME (not necessarily me) call to be the false prophet. I still haven't reached to the point to be absolutely sure that Petrus Romanus (or whatever name) will be that person possessed by the devil in the End Times of Apocalypse. I still think that all could be postponed indefinitely, if it is God's will. But let do our part! Let clean up the church headquarters who claim to lead 1/6 of the world population! Those 1/6 POOR men women and children do not go to the temple of God because of those miserable financial and sex abuses.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think there are millions catholics like me who just do not accept what is going on in the top hierarchy, don't understand why that should be connected to the Holy Gospel and Mass, and want a different governance on Earth of the Divine church. Many are driven out of the catholic church because no communion for divorsed, or for a priest because he married. Many millions. They are no less catholics in the broader and true sence of that word. I wonder for how long the world biggest mass communion of faithful will bear that! The king is naked, it has been said already. So what? Keep another 8 years the current regime? Did Jesus preach that from the Cross, on the Last Supper, on the sermon of the mount, or anywhere? He preached other things, he preached for the poor and outcast. He didn't tell Peter to become world ruler and to do as he pleases with his subject fellow servants. He said whoever wants to be first let be servant to all. The current pope occasionally repeated those words. But the actions of a bruta Vatican structure show very little if no similarity of what Jesus taught.

Oh my God, let those cardinal electors make the difference NOW! Or the millions of people will make it! As the Communism fall, the people will ultimately make it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join