It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Fox to Announce $100,000 UFO Reward for Proof of an ET Spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
sounds like a good way to force more hoax material

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
sounds like a good way to force more hoax material

That's going to happen anyway. Whatever gets more people paying attention to the sky's and hopefully ready with a camera is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have only Two Questions:
1. WHAT, exactly, satisfies Fox & Co. regarding the context of "Proof" in order to claim this prize?

2. $100K?!?!? That's it?!?!? Are you nuts!?! Anybody with real, undeniable "Proof" (depending on how #1 above is answered), can easily get ten or perhaps even 100 times that sum by offering same to the highest bidder.

I'm sure there's quite a few wealthy Chinese, Oil barons, Russian Oligarchs, or industrial conglomerates that would happily cough up several million $, maybe a billion $ or more for the GENUINE highest value secret the world has ever known.

$100K? All you're going to get for that is a bunch of idiots and grainy specks of light on YouBoob.

You want the real deal, Fox? Open the wallet, Baby!

Okay, you got me. Here's my entry (below). Now - Where do I go to pick up my money?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I agree that $100,000(US) seems way low by today's standards. Especially when you think about game shows such as Survivor or The Amazing Race provide $1,000,000(US) to it's winners. It does seem a little unbalanced considering we are talking about proving something that would be one of, or if not the greatest discovery in the entire history of humanity.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I appreciate the emphasis on the "701" unexplained cases. One of the most valuable functions of ATS and public forums in general is to quickly separate the wheat from the chaff.

The unexplained cases are the only ones that are truly unidentified and most interesting, and the continuous recycling of previously identified cases (as in much YouTube content) is extremely draining to the overall public inquiry.

The emphasis on the "701" also makes it easier for others to add their evidence, as discussed in this thread already. Someone coming forth with "I don't know what I saw, but here's strange thing number #702" is much easier than coming forth with "Here's something important, look at it!" which tends to make people sound crazy.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
well, the one I have covered up with a blue tarp in my barn, I found crashed on my property a while back and been wondering what to do with it.

If it was a 1 million, or better even 10 million, then yeah I'd give it up, but not for a hundred grand.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
lol looks like a lot of people are in for a reality check on what empiricism actualy is. Just like all those unclaimed rewards for people who can actualy prove they have any sort of psychic powers, obviously the powers displayed defy science and any known means of empirical evidence gathering lol.

At least lots of good people here on ATS will be made 100,000 dollars richer though, what on account of all the "proof" of UFO's there is LOL.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The good or bad news is...

If you get hold of a good chunk of ET UFO debris...

Either AREA-51 or Real MIB or some other group will pay much more than $100,000

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirGilliganHorry

The good or bad news is...

If you get hold of a good chunk of ET UFO debris...

Either AREA-51 or Real MIB or some other group will pay much more than $100,000

Which could make this prize likely to go unclaimed - anyone in a position to claim it, stands to lose more by coming forward than by withholding their evidence for the benefit of a third party.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Autograf because: english do you speak it

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

The point is it is almost disingenuous. If anyone really had any proof, it would have been sold to the media a long time ago. The point is, there really is no proof out there that UFOs are ET. Just supposition. It's the cold hard reality so many cannot accept.

Also, proof means proof. A tangible or intangible property that makes the claim impossible to deny.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
Well ole be Dammed

I could buy 2 houses & left of money to buy me a sweet sexy car.

LET THE UFO HUNTING BEGIN!

Where can you buy two houses for $100K and still have money left over for a car?? I couldn't find anything south of $400K in the neighborhood I bought in.

Maybe in Alabama or rural parts of Kentucky but, not a very civilized part of the country to live in :-(
edit on 25-2-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

The point is it is almost disingenuous. If anyone really had any proof, it would have been sold to the media a long time ago. The point is, there really is no proof out there that UFOs are ET. Just supposition. It's the cold hard reality so many cannot accept.

Also, proof means proof. A tangible or intangible property that makes the claim impossible to deny.

Indeed. Here on ATS though,....wishful enthusiasts will cite unsubstantiated testimony, dreams and visions while meditating, as proof of ET.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

Just so you know. They are here. They have been here for thousands of years.
They were here before Adam & Eve.

Earth was star seeded from other star systems.

The Pleiadians discovered Earth 200,000 years ago.
They are from the Taygeta Star System in the Pleiades Star Cluster.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
$100,000 is a bit low...for one find.

Perhaps Mr. Fox is thinking that if, say, 10 ppl have evidence, he will be shelling out $1,000,000 total....

Let's see... $100,000 - income tax - capital gains tax - misc local tax.... is maybe $40,000 net. Especially if someone has to add their regular taxable income amount to the total.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
James Fox to Announce $100,000 UFO Reward for Proof of an ET Spacecraft

Nearly every day, videos, photos and eyewitness accounts of UFOs pop up on the Internet. Some are hoaxes. Some are quirks in the weather. Some sightings are never explained and forevermore remain UFOs.

The photo above, taken by Hannah McRoberts on Vancouver Island in British Columbia in 1981, is considered one of the most credible UFO pictures.

Still, never has there been widely accepted positive proof of an extraterrestrial spacecraft, though there are those who believe various government agencies around the world have conspired to hide the truth. Now, however, if someone can prove otherwise, they will be $100,000 richer.

Filmmaker James Fox will make this announcement as part of the promotion for his upcoming movie The 701, inspired by the Air Force's two-decade UFO study, Project Blue Book. The massive study into 12,618 UFO sightings, which ended in 1969, was able to explain away all but 701 of these sightings.

Fox, who previously directed Out of the Blue (2002) and I Know What I Saw (2009), will reveal the $100K challenge at the 22nd International UFO Congress (IUFOC), which begins Feb. 27, in Fountain Hills, Ariz. "One of the aspects that sets our film apart is the producers' commitment to bringing forth never-before-seen evidence. As part of this effort, we're offering a $100,000 reward for the best proof that some UFOs are alien spacecraft," Fox told The Huffington Post exclusively.

"Our intent is not to create another television UFO documentary, but to produce a feature film for worldwide theatrical release -- 'The 701' -- the most compelling film ever produced on UFOs," Fox said. "701 is the number the government doesn't want you to know about. The U.S. Air Force had a serious problem, starting in the late 1940s. Technological devices were invading our airspace with total impunity. Glinting, metallic discs, which could accelerate and maneuver in ways hard to imagine, were being seen in incredible numbers by reliable witnesses. Many of them were pilots."
Link to Full Article: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Found this very interesting. Millions claim to have witnessed unknown craft in the sky and just about as many have produced their 'evidence' yet we still do not possess the empirical proof to prove their existence once and for all.

The article makes a good point about how this will also spur on more hoaxes by people just trying to gain fame or a fast buck but I would imagine there may be people that have been sitting on their own evidence over the years in fear of humiliation or disgrace from their community. This may help to bring out evidence that has been buried away for years.

Will this finally prove their existence? I tend to think not because I truly believe we may be dealing with something still out of the grasp of our reality but only time will tell now. I look forward to seeing how this plays out over time.

Fox's upcoming move "The 701" looks like it may be a very intriguing film. Defiantly a very interesting subject matter to create into a film. What do you gals and guys think about this?
do i win this prize? I have discovered signs of e.t technology on mars?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I'm doubt rocks would qualify as "signs of ET technology on Mars".

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This looks like a gear or a wheel. I don't see what makes this picture any more credible than the rest that flood youtube or various UFO fansites..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I'm doubt rocks would qualify as "signs of ET technology on Mars".
your right to doubt, why would rocks count as tech?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think if I had proof of little green men or their transport then the money would not be an issue. getting the info out there would probably take priority. either that or jump on their ship and get the hell out of here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The point is, there really is no proof out there that UFOs are ET. Just supposition. It's the cold hard reality so many cannot accept.

How much evidence in your opinion constitutes proof? Or are you saying it has to be an alien shaking your hand to be considered proof? It's kind of funny, that a human can be sentenced to life in prison, or even sentenced to die, based on a preponderance of evidence. No one had to see them pull the trigger of the gun. Which is basically what you are asking for. Enough evidence to come to the logical conclusion that someone was guilty of a crime is enough in a court of law.

And yet, with a preponderance of UFO evidence.. a veritable mountain of cases, eyewitness testimony, flight tower or police audio, picture, videos etc, people feel that this is not enough evidence to make a case. It does not nor will ever constitute proof, because an alien did not shake your hand. Which I think is what many of you expect before you'll ever admit to alien visitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join