my theory on the solar system

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i think we been looking at the solar system the wrong way.

You see, Science claim the solar system move horizontal and the reason it rotate around the sun because it work like one of those machine where you drop a coin into one those charity dome things and the coin rolls like a wheel along a spiral path toward the hole in the center. but if that the case then all the planet should move closer to the sun, right?


but they're not so instead of looking at the solar system moving horizontal.

I really think the solar system is moving vertical.

Think about it, it would make a lot of sense. which explain why the earth spin and wobble. Just like when you throw a basketball up in the air as it falling it wobble and spin downward. Technically the earth is falling down and the Sun gravity what kept the earth in line, same goes for the moon.

This is also explain why the earth move faster when it's near the sun and move slower when is alway from the sun.

As the earth falling downward it pick up speed by the time it get near the sun, since is in outer space and there are no bottom, down become up and up become down, the Sun gravity swing it around and it goes slower back up and the cycle continue over and over. just like a juggles.

what you guy think?



edit on 22-2-2013 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-2-2013 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar
 


you mean like this?




I agree.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
i think we been looking at the solar system the wrong way.

You see, Science claim the solar system move horizontal and the reason it rotate around the sun because it work like one of those machine where you drop a coin into one those charity dome things and the coin rolls like a wheel along a spiral path toward the hole in the center. but if that the case then all the planet should move closer to the sun, right?


but they're not so instead of looking at the solar system moving horizontal.

I really think the solar system is moving vertical.

Think about it, it would make a lot of sense. which explain why the earth spin and wobble. Just like when you throw a basketball up in the air as it falling it wobble and spin downward. Technically the earth is falling down and the Sun gravity what kept the earth in line, same goes for the moon.

This is also explain why the earth move faster when it's near the sun and move slower when is alway from the sun.

As the earth falling downward it pick up speed by the time it get near the sun, since is in outer space and there are no bottom the Sun gravity swing it around and it goes slower back up and the cycle continue over and over. just like a juggles.

what you guy think?



edit on 22-2-2013 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)


I'm not sure you understand "up" or "down" in space. There are some smart cookies on this site that can explain the proper terminology and where the mistakes are.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar
 


As Ender Wiggin would say, "The enemy's gate is down."

Space is a vacuum, there isn't a horizontal or vertical the way we think of them. In fact those terms are even relative here on Earth. In China, everyone is standing upright the same as us, but if we seized someone standing in China and placed them in New York without any rotation, they would be orientated all wrong to even put their feet on the ground.

I might have completely misunderstood the point you were trying to make, but I think I got it because of what you said about it moving slower on the way "up"... If there isn't a prevailing "down" gravity like there is below our own feet, how can we know the difference between up and down in space at all? Certainly an orbiting planet wouldn't have to slow down to labor "upward".

Awesome job of thinking outside of the box, keep your brain turning
This theory might be a little off the wall as I understand it, but everything we think we know, is just because we don't know better yet. Every good idea or theory starts with fanciful thought.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Your position or movement horizontally and vertically would be relative to the galactic plane. Our solar system is a tiny part of a much bigger system. You could be moving vertically or horizontally to that plane, but you wouldn't realize it until you stepped back much further.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman
 


close but my theory the sun don't move or travel at all, it stay in one place and the sun is like a juggler juggling 9 planets.


you see I never fully understand how planets rotated horizontal around the sun and stay in line without force. Science try to claim it work like them coin machines but if the case then planet should also move toward the center or the sun.

but if you look at vertical, Free falling is what causes to spin and rotate, Sun gravity what keep it in line



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
edit on 22-2-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
i think we been looking at the solar system the wrong way.

You see, Science claim the solar system move horizontal and the reason it rotate around the sun because it work like one of those machine where you drop a coin into one those charity dome things and the coin rolls like a wheel along a spiral path toward the hole in the center. but if that the case then all the planet should move closer to the sun, right?

That metaphor is extremely simplistic and breaks down rapidly. Celestial mechanics is well understood and is far more complicated than that.

]
but they're not so instead of looking at the solar system moving horizontal.

I really think the solar system is moving vertical.

Think about it, it would make a lot of sense. which explain why the earth spin and wobble.

Precession and nutation are well understood and are not dependent on the orientation you choose to view the solar system from.


Just like when you throw a basketball up in the air as it falling it wobble and spin downward.

Oh brother. More bad analogies.


This is also explain why the earth move faster when it's near the sun and move slower when is alway from the sun.

You act like these things are some grand unexplained mystery. They're not. We understand celestial mechanics quite well and can predict the future positions of the planets and the moon with extremely high precision. For a very basic introduction to celestial mechanics, I would suggest this book:

www.amazon.com/Adventures-Celestial-Mechanics-Course-Theory/dp/0292751052/ref=pd_sim_b_5

Another text which contains essential formulas needed to describe and understand many basic concepts in astronomy (including orbital motion):

www.amazon.com/Practical-Astronomy-Calculator-Peter-Duffett-Smith/dp/0521356296/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361589291&sr=1-2&keywords=practical+as tronomy+with+your+calculator
edit on 22-2-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
you see I never fully understand how planets rotated horizontal around the sun and stay in line without force. Science try to claim it work like them coin machines but if the case then planet should also move toward the center or the sun.

but if you look at vertical, Free falling is what causes to spin and rotate, Sun gravity what keep it in line


I have this weird feeling that you're right and wrong at the same time.

Basically all of the planets, since they're moving, would prefer to fly off into space in a straight line. We know this from the laws of physics.

The sun is attracting the planets with its gravity, which curves their movement into an orbit.

I'm sure that there were lots of bodies orbiting the sun whose orbit decayed and they were destroyed. Likewise, I'm sure the sun has curved the flight of many an object that it was unable to capture. These are processes that are ongoing to this day. The planets as we know them are examples of bodies who are captured in a "sustainable" orbit, like the orbits of satellites around Earth.

I'm not good enough at math or physics to tell you precisely how the planets got to the specific alignment they're at, but I'm confident that it's something to do with their weight, speed, and distance from the sun.

Edit:
Basically, there's two things that I think are really important for you to understand to refine your thinking

1)The solar system can be vertical, if you want. We usually show it horizontally, but that doesn't *actually* matter, in the same way that North hasn't got to be "up" on a map. We just draw it that way because it's what we're used to and it looks pleasing to us. You can look at the universe from whatever and whichever angle you want.

2)The gravity we experience on Earth is coming from the core of the planet deep under our feet, so we can't expect space to behave quite the same way. When you're talking about freefalling, well that's basically what space is. Everything can freefall in whichever direction it likes. It's just that there isn't a prevailing gravitational force that sucks you in 1 specific direction like here on earth. It's all wide open
edit on 22-2-2013 by TheBlackTiger because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman
 


close but my theory the sun don't move or travel at all, it stay in one place and the sun is like a juggler juggling 9 planets.


you see I never fully understand how planets rotated horizontal around the sun and stay in line without force. Science try to claim it work like them coin machines but if the case then planet should also move toward the center or the sun.

but if you look at vertical, Free falling is what causes to spin and rotate, Sun gravity what keep it in line


The sun is losing mass faster than the orbital decay of the Earth. This means over time that there is less gravity from the sun to pull the Earth in, thus the Earth is gradually getting farther away from the sun.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The major difference in your coin machine analogy, and the explanation you seek regarding why the planets do no all get drawn into the sun (like the rolling coin) is that in space, there is no resistance. The rolling coin touches the machine, as such, at the point of contact there is resistance that slows the coin ever so slightly (into a decaying orbit). The longer it rolls, the slower it will go (due to that resistance)...eventually falling into the hole in the center.

With the planets revolving around the Sun (in its gravity well) in space, with (extremely low or no resistance) to slow them down, they will remain at the same distance from the Sun. If something comes along to change that motion (a large mass with its own gravity well), then they could slow down (and orbits can decay) or they can be sped up (and be thrown outward).

I hope that explains it a bit more for you why it's different fro the coin machine example you used.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar
 


Which way is 'up' in space and why?

I think you have a hypothesis and not a theory.

Why do you believe that the planets orbit any differently than what simple observation says they do?



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackTiger
reply to post by PoorGrammar
 



Awesome job of thinking outside of the box, keep your brain turning
This theory might be a little off the wall as I understand it, but everything we think we know, is just because we don't know better yet. Every good idea or theory starts with fanciful thought.


Your entire post should be a template for ATS =) & to OP TheBlackTiger just saved me a lot of tablet typing =) Not sure in scientific terms how to respond but the above quote couldn't have been said better at the end of any scientific response I could've had.



posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman
 


you see I never fully understand how planets rotated horizontal around the sun and stay in line without force. Science try to claim it work like them coin machines but if the case then planet should also move toward the center or the sun.


Want to show us where science says that



posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackTiger
Basically all of the planets, since they're moving, would prefer to fly off into space in a straight line. We know this from the laws of physics.

The sun is attracting the planets with its gravity, which curves their movement into an orbit.


That's pretty much how it works, and there's no need for complicated thought experiments and flipping the system horizontally or vertically. The OP is just confusing himself unnecessarily. Same goes for Nassim Haramein; the helical motion through space is technically true, but it's not some great mystery that has been withheld from common people, it's just another way of picturing the motion of objects through space.


Bottom line is, planets orbit the Sun because of gravity.





top topics
 
3

log in

join