It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Locksmiths & Fire Fighters Refusing To Assist With Evictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wanted to share news of a Social issue with some positive aspects. It appears that Spanish Locksmiths and Fire Fighters are answering to their conscience and not the banks.

The article I read first stated that an eighty five year old lady was being evicted from her flat and that neighbours were defending her - the Fire Fighters joined in - instead of breaking the door down. This story filled me with hope and I really want it to become viral.

www.euroweeklynews.com /news/spain/item/113326-firemen-and-locksmiths-refuse-to-assist-in-evictions-throughout-spain

This link is only one of many. I felt so much hope when I read the first article - so much hope.

Much Peace...
edit on 22-2-2013 by Amanda5 because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is really great, I wonder if things would get to a point where they'd play out similarly in the US. I bet it'll go on like it is until a critical point is reached, where the inaction caused by the "It couldn't happen to me or mine" phenomenon is replaced by a "Something like this happened to me or mine" mentality in most people, as more and more "ordinary americans" are affected or rendered destitute.

I feel like I've been seeing more of this sort of thing lately, though it could be confirmation bias. Besides this article, I'm also thinking of the town meeting in Buffalo where the people were so impassioned about their rights and the government reps were so clearly wrong-footed in the face of public participation. I also saw a video recently of a streaker or something on a football pitch getting tackled down by 4 cops/security personnel, who proceeded to brutalize him, at least until hundreds from the crowd poured onto the pitch and sent the cops fleeing.

A little civil disobedience warms the heart

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackTiger

You are so right and I love the example of the streaker and the police. It just goes to show that when people come together for the common good - anything is possible. We don't even need every single person - just the majority.

I would love to see every single Locksmith and every single Fire Fighter on the globe refuse to evict people. Add to that the Police as well and then add the local council rangers and then add ...

I am also pleased that it is professionals who are conscientiously objecting - this indicates that qualified personnel cannot all be sacked. We need professionally trained personnel for many many trades and services. This is the beginning and I feel that it will be happening more and more and more.

It all starts with the thought that it can be achieved - adding actions makes it unbeatable/unstoppable/impervious and any other descriptor you would to add.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Its great to see humanity defying the system that they were forced into....small pockets of people like this will spread like a beautiful wildfire....they stand at the door of a "random old woman and her haggard husband" and for a moment see there own family and friends.....realizing FUC% this $hit! ....... the new revolution is coming like a rogue wave to the side of satans skull.....next!

new topics

top topics

join