It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAINT IT BLACK: FBI Gives 'Redacted Middle Finger' On Tracking Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Still think you have a right to know...anything? Well, the FBI apparently couldn't give a damn what you think. I wonder where they got that idea? Crap rolls downhill doesn't it?

Ask for some info under the Freedom of Info Act and what do you get? A big fat "Go to Hell" in the form of a document completely blacked out.

Not just a few names, dates, pertinent points...Nope. The whole damn thing. And what was the question?

"How and Why" are Americans being followed and tracked? But the FBI believes you should have no answer so carry on...nothing to see here.

Let me pull out my crystal ball and just say that this is going to be the norm from here on in. Too tired to just redact a few things I guess. To hell with it...just black out the entire document.

dailybail.com...

FBI goes silent on warrantless tracking of U.S. citizens, responds to transparency request with blacked-out page. Americans are being kept in the dark about how and why they are being followed by the nation's security agency. A civil liberties group in the U.S asked the FBI to spell out what techniques it's using when it tracks citizens - but as Gayane Chichakyan explains, the reply raised more questions than answers.

ETA: Did the search thing but many of us know what's happening with this new search feature so I have absolutely no idea if this was posted or not. Sorry if it was.

Peace

edit on 22-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Leave your phones at home. You don't need them.

Get a map book, you can bin your car GPS too.

I remember when the world got along very nicely, better in some ways, without these spy-in-your-pocket electronics.

YOU are allowing the FBI to spy on you by carrying these things.

It's the 'why' we want the answer to...the 'how' is easy to figure out.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow, we used to pay taxes to buy lies, but now we can't even get THAT!

:shk:

S&F!

And stop wasting ink!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
Leave your phones at home. You don't need them.

Get a map book, you can bin your car GPS too.

I remember when the world got along very nicely, better in some ways, without these spy-in-your-pocket electronics.

YOU are allowing the FBI to spy on you by carrying these things.

It's the 'why' we want the answer to...the 'how' is easy to figure out.

The "Why" is so they can label every one as an enemy of the State (Terrorist), take your rights, guns, voices and freedom.

There, wasn't that easy?

They don't even try to hide it anymore which makes it even more ridiculous when someone comes up with "If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" Or even..."My Govt. wouldn't do that to its citizens, stop being so paranoid."

Ok then...

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And I still here people say all the time, even here on ATS, "what are you talking about, I haven't seen any of my rights eroded, stop fear mongering".

Anyone who can't see the writing on the wall is either not looking for just plain blind. When they don't even pretend anymore and people still just can't see it, well, that's scary.

I can feel it building, day by day. It's like that slow drip of water constantly hitting you on the top of your head until one day, it finally drives you over the edge.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I often deliver presentations on opsec and comsec to militaries and govs and still get looks of disbelief at the ease of which we can track an individual using only their phone and will Sometimes, depending on nationality, security clearance and audience will conduct a small demonstration in the afternoon

And then point out little things like this with the comment " Facebook can do this, so what do you think we can do ?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It really is ridiculous how little some people understand the level of surveillance available now, even those in senior possitions are not aware of the capabilities at our disposal within the sis/police/military community and these are some of the people that authorise the use of such technologies !

As the poster above already said ..........many of us know how, or certainly some of the tools available
What the million dollar question is, is why

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

It really is ridiculous how little some people understand the level of surveillance available now, even those in senior possitions are not aware of the capabilities at our disposal within the sis/police/military community and these are some of the people that authorise the use of such technologies !

I believe the citizens just don't want to know what the capabilities are because they might finally have to admit to themselves that all is not what it seems in their small corner of ignorance. The more you know, the more you wish you didn't...for some.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

On the contrary I believe that most do want to know, probably just out of curiosity .........but when they find out they don't want to believe, or get that warm fuzzy feeling that these systems are in place for THEIR protection, and would not be used on the general populous or the old " well if you've got nothing to hide" line

I've found myself in many a discussion, some quite heated, with 1,2 and 3 stars ( not often I get 1 on 1 time with 4 stars ) over this very topic and although I often am able to educate or certainly give an insight into certain activities occasionally I get told something that makes me go

And often the audience will approach my boss regarding the insightful presentation they have just received
I then find myself in front of my boss, heels together, "yes sir, no sir, I won't do it again sir"

Meh what they gonna do ? Shave my head and send me to afghan ?
Wait........what.........

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Meh what they gonna do ? Shave my head and send me to afghan ? Wait........what.........

Shhhh...Be quiet you silly wabbit...

Well, it's all coming down whether or not many want to believe. Not believing doesn't make it go away. Ask any ostrich.

It's blind trust in a Govt. that has successfully brain washed the public for a Century and the inability to see past the Govt. to the real controllers. It's so ingrained in the people to trust everything they're told because many want someone to have control. Nice and warm that way. Safety in knowing that if things go wrong, the leaders will make it all better.

Surprise!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude I've never said this before and to the best of my knowledge we haven't really chatted or debated much in the past ( though we have commented in many the same thread )
But I more often than not agree with you

I don't trust ANY gov - as much as I'd like to

AND I WORK FOR THEM

Keep your friends close...........
Better the devil you know............

That works both ways though.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by jude11

Jude I've never said this before and to the best of my knowledge we haven't really chatted or debated much in the past ( though we have commented in many the same thread )
But I more often than not agree with you

I don't trust ANY gov - as much as I'd like to

AND I WORK FOR THEM

Keep your friends close...........
Better the devil you know............

That works both ways though.

Yeah, I think you have something there with the quote "As much as I'd like to". Many would like to trust their Govt. because it should be that we can trust our leaders. The ones we voted in to do the job we need them to.

But as soon as they're in, free reign to do anything they damn well please. Lie, cheat, steal, create laws that suit themselves or their buddies. Amend the ones they don't like.

And who gave them that power? Us of course.

And by the looks of the small interest in the OP topic, you and are right...

Peace

edit on 22-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And what is the follow up? Everybody goes back to playing their game box, etc. and in a week it is forgotten. The world plunges into further darkness.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A thread was already started a month ago about this story.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
A thread was already started a month ago about this story.

Yup, see it. Thanks.

As I said...Search engine
Can't do anything with the new search function so I'm flying blind out here...HELP!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up tho...

Peace

top topics

join