It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Alien Footage Or Hoax?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I really do not want to play the debunk role, but I am pretty sure that the Turkey craft was proven to be the top of a cruise ship at port. The lower part of the ship was below the horizon. The 'aliens' seem to be more of a computer manipulation of some real blurry objects. IMHO, but I read up on that at length when it was being debunked.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Do you have a source and or evidence to that claim?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I love how in all these kinds of cases "experts", or "scientists" or some other generalized descriptor of a group of people that are suppose to be meant to sound impressive are always touted as having examined, verified, looked at, confirmed, or some other equally positive sounding verbosity when it comes to this nonsense.

Okay. WHAT experts? Name them. Let's have their contact information so we can ask them ourselves.
Okay. What scientists? Name them. Let's have their contact information so we can ask them ourselves.

Beyond that, models, model making and other special effects are not all that difficult aspects of the film industry to replicate for some home-grown fantasy fabrication using film photography, long before EXIF data ever existed, of some object against a dark background mated up with a cute little story to sell it.

Why would any advanced space/air craft require windows and portholes at all?
No one has invented cameras in these supposed alien civilizations that give much better quality than naked eye viewing not to mention the added safety of a hull design without the structural weaknesses and vulnerabilities of portholes?
It's so entirely cute, they may as well have put propellers on the UFO, or drew equally cute fictional political/national/planetary symbols of affiliation on the UFO like WWII planes have red dots, stars, swastikas or whatever on them.

The verisimilitude begs too much suspension of disbelief with very little to none by way of unambiguity.
Even the so called alien outlines are a huge stretch requiring some exercise of pareidolia if not the liberally conspicuous assistance of outlines traced over the film to "help" someone see what they're suppose to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

Turkey UFO back on ...

Turkey UFO a yacht

others

edit on 23-2-2013 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Take into consideration people when you try to conclude or state something is a hoax. Ask yourself Why would this be hoaxed? What kind of CGI software is this? Who hoaxed this? This should just be a logical way of declaring something is hoaxed but it is rarely used so please take this into your mind.

Sorry to say, but you are being naive.
Hoaxing equals lying, and people don´t need a reason to do either.
They do it because they can.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Ask yourself Why would this be hoaxed?

You could ask the same question of the myriad of UFO hoaxes over the decades , why did Meier , Adamski and the others perpetrate their hoaxes .

What kind of CGI software is this?

Not all UFO sighting hoaxes use CGI , an unfocused or distant object can take on the appearance of something unknown ... especially in low light conditions .

Who hoaxed this?

The person who took the footage and then made claims about it , aided and abetted by those that jump on board and promote those claims .

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
As far as I can remember, the Turkey UFO case had two separated incidents:
1. The footage shown here.
2. Another footage where (called the 'Turkey UFO strikes again', which could be a boat, or called a boat to misinform).

It think the first video (shown here by the OP) is very interesting, about the "strikes again" aka "second video", it could be a boat, a cruise boat, but unless it was intentionally manipulated, it doesn't look like a boat. Interesting how skeptics use the very same argument believers do, whilst believers want an asteroid to be an alien ship, skeptics want a flying craft with an alien to be a ship... well how sad can that be. Anyway, some people call this CGI/miniature hoax and also ship, make up your minds folks... people easily fall into contradiction.

This video compilation show different appearing of the UFO in question:

Denying is ever easier than creating false videos, all one has to yell is "cgi" or "it's swamp gas", "Chinese lanterns" and now "cruise boats"...

... there's a paradigm in this field, if someone - even civil and military pilots - sees a UFO, he must have seem something else, like Venus, and if someone takes a low quality picture, it must be a bird or insect too close to the lens, and if the picture is clear and in hi quality, it's too good to be true. And when ex-astronauts and ex-military talk, it's because they're getting old.

As Morpheus would say "and many are so hopelessly dependent on the system, they will fight to protect it."

edit on 23/2/13 by MoonChild1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I think a better question would be, why would the Govt allow this to be viewed by the public? What would be the point of top secret clearance if the Govt is doing nothing to conceal top secret?

Because the moment the federal government moves to officially block / dispute / comment, it would serve as proof that the government knows we are not alone in the universe and has been concealing that information.

The best strategy is to ignore it. Anything else and it will draw the attention thay want to avoid.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Denying has become such a strong way of thinking that even when active military goes on telly to tell what they've experienced, people just don't mind it... that's why I don't believe disclosure would create panic, the questions is way far from this, they don't disclosure because that would change people's priorities in life, by understanding we're not alone people would have higher interests, maybe higher standards in their lives... maybe buying a new cell phone each six months, or going to war would not make sense anymore.

To back my statement above, when I say people don't mind this subject even when the highest authorities go public on the telly to inform people of this, here's a video called "The Official Night of UFOS in Brazil", it's not a documentary, it's not speculation, back in 1986 Brazilian Air Force chased and were chased by UFOS, flying military jets over cities for hours at night, the highest authority in the air force went public with the fighter pilots and they tell what they saw, all statements they do were also registered on radar, the video is below, I don't understand why this video clip never made the highlights here on ATS, it's possibly unique.

With English subtitles, possibly the most interesting video related to ufology ever:

This would be the one of the so called "smoking gun", but there's no such a thing when people live in denial.
I would made a post myself about the video above if I could.

A great weekend everyone,

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonChild1973
reply to post by redtic

By the way, you mention forgetomori, having lived in Brazil for many years I can tell you this guy (or institution?) has an agenda, he's a skeptical. Nothing wrong with it, but not many people knows he's a skeptical. He says his name is "Kentaro Mori", being born in Japan and having moved to Brazil as a child. His Brazilian website is a crusade against reality, disguised as a man (if he really exist, I mean) who seeks the truth... no, he seeks the truth that suits his believes. In time, "Kentaro Mori" is a man of mystery, no picture, no interviews on youtube, no video of any kind, no way to check his background, if any at all. It may be even a case of a group of people who created this name and acts behind it, who knows...

Complete and utter nonsense.

There are more interviews too, if you bother too look for them.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Thanks for your post, so after almost a decade refusing to say who he was, he's on telly now, he even used a different name on his first website. Perhaps after years of hiding, now he decided to show up. It doesn't change the fact that he pointed the guilty finger to people like Jaime Maussan, who despise any judgment at least have the guts to be who he is and face the public. Btw I don't like Maussan... it's the irony of it.

Maybe if you understand Portuguese you could read the discussion here on this site and understand Mori's modus operandi link

Mori's methods are amateur at most, just denies everything and that's it.

Cheers,

edit on 23/2/2013 by ArMaP because: link corrected

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonChild1973
reply to post by cripmeister

Thanks for your post, so after almost a decade refusing to say who he was, he's on telly now,

The year is 2013 remember? The TV interview I posted was from 2010. Here he is in 2008 doing an interview.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I believe the video clip of the landed UFO was filmed before CGI. That clip has been around for awhile so I would call that particular clip legitimate.

As far as the Turkey video clip, today video clips and photos can both be doctored to hoax or used to dis-inform the public. The next "real proof" that will only be accepted by skeptics or the non-believers is an actual ship landing and public contact. Technology today has come so far that it makes it almost impossible to decipher what is real and what is fake.

Op, interesting video, non the less.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Star and flag. I had never seen the "Dorothy footage". Very interesting.

Yes, it appears authentic to me, in both cases. I also rally appreciate the work of Dr. Leir

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The problem I am saying with the video isn't that it's hoax... it'sNOT a hoax. As you can see the video is blurry enough and from personal exp making crappy videos with crappy phone camera, I can say it is real.

The problem is that this whole SHAPING of a saucer and aliens remind me of trying to make out things out of shapes - like people are doing calling Mars rocks animals, squirrels, skeletons, the same looks here - out of the blurriness making out shapes that resemple Grey or a saurcer, yet are only imaginary shapes.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

If this were posted by a private citizen, then pulled by the government, it would look very damning. People would almost automatically think it real. They hide what proof they have, but let stuff like this out, because suppressing it would give it more credibility.
ETA: Not saying it's real.
edit on 23-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonChild1973

I'll make it for you. This video is astonishingly interesting, how can someone even think about this being hoaxed or fake? You would need a lot of money to hoax this but even then, how would you explain the soldiers stories of being chased? People are just ignorant these days even when solid evidence is provided. There is an old Renaissance saying that goes like this "He who is resistant to change, is destined to perish." I believe 110% this why someone always calls hoax and fake just the possibility of them being out of they're comfort zone sparks them into denial, not saying this for this post but in general, at least provide legitimate evidence of it being hoaxed and or faked.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
reply to post by charlyv

Do you have a source and or evidence to that claim?

There are a couple of threads on here about that a while back!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
reply to post by MoonChild1973

I'll make it for you. This video is astonishingly interesting, how can someone even think about this being hoaxed or fake? You would need a lot of money to hoax this but even then, how would you explain the soldiers stories of being chased? People are just ignorant these days even when solid evidence is provided. There is an old Renaissance saying that goes like this "He who is resistant to change, is destined to perish." I believe 110% this why someone always calls hoax and fake just the possibility of them being out of they're comfort zone sparks them into denial, not saying this for this post but in general, at least provide legitimate evidence of it being hoaxed and or faked.

So YOUR a video expert then so tell us why it would cost so much

Here is a link posted by zorgon banned now but was one of the main ufo guys on here even he says it's not a ufo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh look the ufo matches part of the ships bridge!!!!!

Do YOU still think its a ufo

edit on 23-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It's been proven conclusively in the link above that the second "UFO" is part of that cruise ship. Anyone trying to claim otherwise has some serious issues to contend with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join