It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about ASMR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Basically for those that don't know:

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. To the common person, that can sound like a mouthful of unhelpful gibberish. ASMR sometimes goes by the loose nickname of "brain orgasms". Very simply put, these names describe a tingly sensation around the head and scalp, caused by various triggers. Many people are unaware that such a phenomenon exists. Others experience the sensation regularly, but have no idea it possesses a defined title. Not much is known about this occurrence, but research is ongoing and ever-growing.

Basically it's like a tingling sensation which is genuinely one of the most amazing feelings you can ever experience. Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone but I'd like to raise a particular question.

Could ASMR be a spiritual experience?
One thing I've noticed is that I'm the only one out of all my friends who experiences ASMR, and also the only one who's interested in Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, etc. Is there a link? I think so!

If you take a look at the community which is currently growing rapidly of people viewing ASMR videos on YouTube ( I'll post some below ) , you'll notice these same people are interested in meditation, lucid dreams, astral projection etc. I can't see how this can be coincidence

Now some of you may experience ASMR, some of you may not. But below are some trigger videos, everyone has their own triggers. Personally some of mine are: watching people type on the computer, watching people do something they are not good at (strange I know), scratching surfaces (common one) and many others. I figure out more as time goes on really.

Some videos: (don't know how to embed sorry)
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... (6 triggers)

Basically just search for asmr on YouTube, the resources available are endless one good channel is TheWaterWhispers.

Once you've checked them out tell me if you feel anything and if you think it is some sort of spiritual experience, because that is what it feels like to me and I haven't seen this theory before so I decided to start my own discussion.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Macpale

You mean like pins and needles? That's usually associated with electrical or circulatory issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Macpale

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels tingles. I can feel vibrations from anything by having the item in my hands. Lots of paranormal stuff has been happening to me and my family (in a good way) I don't sense any bad entities just pure love and protection. I have also had my life saved three times by a force others say angels or spirit guides. Thank you for bringing this up and a S&F for you

Love & Light xx

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Macpale

I actually use it to communicate with my patron deities. For example, I'll ask her a question and a positive or active response will cause the ASMR. So, if I say "will _____ be A, B, or C?", I'll normally get one during the question that will tell me which one it is.

Also, I'll get it when I'm in the middle of something very family-oriented like watching a movie with my wife or telling my daughter a story for bed time.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Macpale

You mean like pins and needles? That's usually associated with electrical or circulatory issues.

No, not like pins and needles. The first time it happens, you'll definitely know it for what it is because you'll be on Google trying to figure out what the hell just happened to you. After a while, if it becomes commonplace in your life, it won't distract you as much and will serve as a tool if you let it.

Exploding head syndrome is the same in the sense that you think you know what it is until it actually happens to you then you realize that you had no clue before. The difference is that you never get used to EHS but you can get used to ASMR.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This is gonna sound really weird but I saw your exact post in a dream one of the last few nights

Anyway, I'm not very good at explaining ASMR but as you said it's not pins and needles.

I don't think anybody can really describe it fully.

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.vice.com...
anti-valentine.hubpages.com...
www.asmr-research.org...

I kind of hoped this thread would bring out all of the ASMR people and kind of act as the ASMR discussion for the forum, seeing as it's something quite interesting and explainable

Also if anyone has an Android phone, look up asmr on the Play store some great apps

new topics

top topics

join