It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aem56

Frankly just be that one post...you reveal the reasons behind the karma of this collapse... Maybe we " Natives" (the term is indigenous or aboriginal if you must reduce us to labels.. I am CHEROKEE so get that label right..

Good lord, the original poster used the term Native American, so I was simply reiterating it.
You're the one going on about labels. For that matter, I've got Sioux ancestry in my blood. We're all a mix of different cultures and influences, so labels are really pretty inaccurate anyhow.

My family has been here since 1608, over 400 years..does that make me indigenous? If not, how long is the requirement? The main point here, is that rising up against the government can only end one way. The real way to affect change is to do so through the tools of democracy we have, including public opinion. It's the one thing those in charge listen to.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirbadazz
i am a former wilderness patrol ranger. i was responsible for solo backpack patrol and rescue in wilderness areas for years. i am a hunter who makes jerky, etc. i have a multi acre garden. i have survived in remote wilderness situations on several continents in extreme conditions. i have a full stock of arms and skills to use them. i have medical and all other survival skills, and own my own remote, productive acreage. i am of native american heritage and have all the cultural warrior hunting/training. i am an expert fisherman, ocean and river/lake, and i am not talking rod-n-reel fishing. i would last approximately 1-3 years...max, on my own with all the above, fully prepped, in a societal meltdown. you wont last as long as me. Bla, bla, bla...

Wilderness patrol ranger? LOL I bet I've met dozens of Eagle Scouts that would own you in a wilderness survival situation. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but your attitude proves you are not an expert. Some of us may not have all the skills of Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud, but being well prepared means we are not planning to live in the woods on grubs and berries.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm just happy that I know my skills and have had it tested. I grew up very rural, very good at farming poorman turn off the century style, very good at fishing, expert Hunter, very good at foraging....exmilitary (and not some desk jockey), lived in -85 below and 140 above zero climates and can survive for weeks or months in those elements.

I think a real and successful prepper is diverse and can bug in and bug out with equal success.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
amusing ... guess someone forgot to tell the japanese soldiers from the world war who were found living and healthy on islands in the pacific as recently as the 1990's that they were only supposed to have survived 1-3 years on their own ... funny they did well for 50 years on their own after the war before being found and returned home to japan ...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, if folks didn't also have to deal with those who currently take by force, and willfully kill for sheer pleasure your dream would work. Problem is, we already have those of the mindset that what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine, and I'll take what I want no matter what I have to do. There are parts of D.C that even the police don't enter, and when the power was out and a tree company was called in to clear up so power could be restored - they were shot at and run off. The police were only there long enough to help the tree company escape, then they too left.
If with the abundance we have now this happens what will it be like when there is dearth?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GregJ

Exactly my point! Rather than plan ahead to sustain yourself you'll raid villages and communities and be damned with the current inhabitants who had the foresight to provide for their community. Shame on you!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join