It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestorm

Read above! I said friction heaters and stirling engines. If summer and/or in a nicer climate then Greenpowerscience has a wonderful site and youtube channel with hundreds and hundreds of how to videos, including fesnel lenses and parabolic mirrors and stirling engines. They work wonders together. Heat turned into electricity. And a few of them, say 10-20 small ones, turn out kilowatts.

greenpowerscience.com...

How many guys are sitting around with tools in their garages. Build things, and for neighbors as well. Spread it. Grow it, make more and more prosper.

Take 3000 people, divide up cities into villages and ensure all are prospering. Be a Family.

Then the survivors themselves, like the author this thread, won't starve in 1-3 years either, he'll find a good village to join.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewRevolution
reply to post by sirbadazz

This is by far the most ridiculous post I've ever seen in the survival community on ATS.

People are praising this? This is completely silly and everything you state is just plain wrong in so many ways.

I guess all vegans are going to die based on your studies because they don't have meat? What you are saying is vegans and most vegetarians can't live for more than 3 years because, what, gardens can't produce what you need to survive?

If you are able to have a garden to grow crops that aren't heavy carb producers, then there is no reason in hell that you can't grow high carb crops as well. High carb crops are the most resilient crops out there and can be grown in most cases in the coldest of temperatures with minimal soil nutrients. Things like potatoes, carrots, beans, corn, yams, any kind of roots, mushrooms - the list goes on and on and on. Combine those with other nutritious wild foods and vegetables and you could survive indefinitely if you never see the sight of an animal again.

And the talk of communities working together when you want to shoot anyone who wants to join in a community. Kind of self defeating don't you think? What about the people who just want to be left alone? I guess they won't survive if you go out there and actively hunt people for trying to survive, but words of wisdom, anyone bugging out with the skills to do it on their own, will probably off you before you even know where they are - I know I would just based on your attitude.

People live alone all the time. You make it sound impossible. Far from it. I guess if some clown from the city with wild dreams of living off roots and rivers comes running out at first change, they might have a helluva a time - but most people know what they hell they are doing. Obviously you don't. If you did you wouldn't be so wrong on so many fronts. Or maybe your are just trying to scare people and get their hopes done, who knows - either way it is "fail" written in so many words.

I'll be sure to stay away from your "turf" if SHTF, but by the sound of it, I will only have to wait a few years. Once you die off in 1-3 years I'll be able to go in and pick up all the stuff you failed miserably at handling and survive handily, thank you very much.
I’m not trying to sound racist here, but doesn’t the guy sound indifferent to everyone who IS NOT a Native American? Sounds like he’s looking out for “payback”!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Your arrogance is laughable. You'll have to sleep sometime - I'll get my carbs one way or another....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Looks like sirbadazz is anything but. Op bailed because he was spouting crap and couldn't back it up. The only part worth the time it took to read it was about saving our country.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This OP is awfully opinionated with zero real proof to support the claims.

Nice strategy though...try to bolster yourself up as some kind of a god, then assume everyone is of lesser intelligence/qualification than you.

There are plenty of people out there doing fine on their own.
A good portion of them figured it out on their own as well.
This is not speculation. It's fact.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Wow you really seem to be stereo typing preppers as some lone idiot with a 3 day pack who heads for the hills and thinks he is going to survive in the wilderness... And you think prepper TV shows represent the average prepper?

Also I think most people know meat is not carbs. Also all greens "ARE" carbs! they are called complex carbs and fruits are simple carbs. If you can't survive more then 3 years with a two acre garden and all your so called skills me thinks you are exaggerating your skills or just plain ignorant of growing food. Most prepper have a plan to raise meat along with their garden and also to work together with others.

What you describe are not preppers they are idiots so it is bit pretentious of you to lump preppers into that category and claim their plans will fail..

Oh almost forgot and why is it you think permaculture doesn't work since you can't even survive on a two acre garden? How many permaculture farms have you visited? And what is your experience level with permaculture?

edit on 22-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

----

Who needs to RAISE Meat...I can now PRINT IT using a Bio-based 3D printer from
stem cells cultivated from small animal kills or larger critters...about $10,000 worth
of biochemistry and medcial refrigeration gear will get you started then buy one or
two epson industrial printers with sterile medical-grade tissue deposition print heads
(about $2000 each) and you can have ALL the meat you can eat for DECADES!
No hunting needed! Print a 48 inch wide by 72 inch slab of one inch thick lean beef
in about two weeks. That'll feed ya fer a while!

Same thing with carbohydrates...or fibrous roughage, etc...print em out on
3D bio-printers. Just make sure you've got lots of PROPANE for that QUIET
gas generator/fuel cell needed to power all that stuff. A 5000 litre tank at
full pressure should last about 2 years.

Just a thought if you've got about $40,000 to spend...A home equity line
of credit should be enough to pay for all that....just remember to spend
a bit extra for the manufacturer's advanced training on using and servicing
their 3D bio-printers.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7

Just a thought if you've got about $40,000 to spend...A home equity line
of credit should be enough to pay for all that....just remember to spend
a bit extra for the manufacturer's advanced training on using and servicing
their 3D bio-printers.

How about just raising some cattle...hehe I buy my meat from a friend who raises and slaughters two per year and he needs to sell much of it since it is way more than his family needs.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by METACOMET
Richard Proenneke retired at age 52, moved to Twin Lakes, Alaska, built a cabin using hand tools and lived there alone for the next 30 years.

He documented his life through film, which PBS airs every now and then entitled "Alone in the Wilderness"

www.dickproenneke.com...
edit on 22-2-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

Liar!!

If the OP can't do this with his VAST resource of knowledge and skills, then how can an old man do it? Didn't you read? Rambo-op will only live 1-3 years, what makes you think that this video isn't one put out by TPTB just to make us have hope!???

edit on 23-2-2013 by superman2012 because: forgot to put /sarcasm

If he was alone where did the camara come from. I don't think you fully grasp what the OP is saying

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What if we bring tank + army to kill all of your so called "community" ? Selfish post..You will kill us if we come to your place ? Really ? Do u think we THAT EASY to kill ha? Wait and see buddy..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Yep i have to agree for the most part. Already gotta group set and ready for when the time comes. The only thing with my group is , the fact that they will welcome those that need help.
 Chippewa Heritage here.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

Originally posted by METACOMET
Richard Proenneke retired at age 52, moved to Twin Lakes, Alaska, built a cabin using hand tools and lived there alone for the next 30 years.

He documented his life through film, which PBS airs every now and then entitled "Alone in the Wilderness"

www.dickproenneke.com...
edit on 22-2-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

Don't forget The Hermit of Gully Lake, Willard Kitchener MacDonald who lived in a secluded hut for nearly 60 years alone in Canada.

Or the family in Siberia that survived in the wilderness and didn't even know if WW2 was over yet

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

All you would need is potatoes, butter,and water. Sucky diet? Yup. Will you survive for 50 years off that diet? Yup

You make it sound like its easy to kill someone ... It depends in the situation, but attempting to kill someone over 100m away is most likely going to turn into a firefight. The more people you have, the deadlier it's going to be in the short term for you..

The best way to survive is to build shelter under ground, tunnels, clear our heavy brush within heavy brush. Make the land scape look as natural as possible and only come above ground when necessary. Learn from the Vietcong.
edit on 24-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm the slickest, meanest, nastiest, killin' and survivin' machine on the friggin' planet

I'll penetrate your so called 'wild lands' and by stealthy and highly trained tactics kill all who oppose me, rape, burn, pillage, and plunder, call myself "king of the hill" and lay to waste any who stand before me

Oral history through the ages will recount my escapades, mere mention of my name will cause future generations to shudder in fear

whazzup with the carbs thing anyway?

haha, just tryin' to have a little fun with this one

edit on 24-2-2013 by smokenmirrors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There is a lot of truth here. No matter where you are running from there is someone already there. They are not going to just sit there as you wobble in with your AK, your shoot me first vest, and a van full of MRE's.

If you choose to make your life in an Urban area your best plan is to fortify, stock and make a plan for keeping control over what you have. Your bug out otherwise will either end in a FEMA camp or starvation.

This country can make it. Someone is creating this panic. Someone wants it to crash.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
think what really frightens me is how in no press nor online will anyone in America raise the issues of the disabled.. It is as if they do not exist.I take tht sielnce to mean our govts plan to let them die or make their orad harder.. I'd like to hear how some of you with knowledge actually think folks with disabilities can protect themselves..
I can shoot.. and I don't live in a city..

prove to me some folks here have a bit of humanity in them and answer this post.I now tons of disabled folks who need the info. I see our govt doing what they can to thin the herd now. WE know that is going on in the UK.. UN Hitlers time we went first.. care to step intohow we can prevent ourselves from being killed..? WE'd just love to know

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
And because of all this, the world, the attitudes, and if s**t does hit, I've decided to move up to where I am now. Granted, I've always been a little of a 'country person' anyhow, but I think I found the right little spot for when it's needed. My city core is about 500 or 600 people, South a bit there's a good sized Amish community, to the East a large Indian Reserve, Northward and Westward its miles and miles of farmland until ya get into the great wide open vastness of nothing. Also, absolutely perfect for my astronomy

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aem56

I'm glad you brought that up! Also, I'm quite sorry to say this has not even occurred to me! How did THAT not occur to me? I hope some people do have a few good posts for this, as I sadly have not a good idea, but it's on my mind now!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by aem56
think what really frightens me is how in no press nor online will anyone in America raise the issues of the disabled.. It is as if they do not exist.I take tht sielnce to mean our govts plan to let them die or make their orad harder.. I'd like to hear how some of you with knowledge actually think folks with disabilities can protect themselves..
I can shoot.. and I don't live in a city..

prove to me some folks here have a bit of humanity in them and answer this post.I now tons of disabled folks who need the info. I see our govt doing what they can to thin the herd now. WE know that is going on in the UK.. UN Hitlers time we went first.. care to step intohow we can prevent ourselves from being killed..? WE'd just love to know

Where i am, the disabled would be taken care of first. I have no idea where you are. Hopefully you have family and your community knows of your disability. I have 2 aunts that have been cooking and delivery food to those in need for over 2 decades. This is what they love to do. They got that from my grandmother, she was a poor farmer but fed those in the community that needed help. There are plenty of like minded individuals. The medias portrayal of society is not the norm. At least not in the south, nor in the heart of America.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sounds like the OP just likes to inflate his own Ego

Besides he is more talking about long term wilderness survival and not strictly bugging out.

So he can survive outdoors and we cant, but who says you have to bug out like and where he does.
Your safe destination is up to you and nobody says you have to go full Rambo and live 3 months off the land in Montana.

You may just go to another city or area of the country depending on the severity.

A BOB is just supposed to get you to a destination in an emergency situation.

It is just a recent FAD where people think they have to prep-up and buy a bunch of stuff.
Gees a hobo or drifter survives with very little stuff and most people I read about preparing BOB's are carrying way too much stuff.

You should carry about 3 days of food, shelter a water filter and fire. If marshal law - guns will be confiscated so dont waste your money of you dont already have one.

For long term emergency survival at your destination you should have a huge store of oatmeal, rice and beans for a start.
Thats cheap and easy.

If we have long term total system failure and everybody flees into the country sides, people living in the woods will revert to their animal instincts killing each other to take whatever they have or if food runs out and people will be on the menu.

No bug out plans will work then and the best things you could have would be some hardcore survival and medical skills, bullet proof vest, self defense items and learn to sleep in trees.

IF 7 billion people head into the wilderness and have to find food, all natural food sources will get stripped to nothing PDQ. 7 billion hunter gatherers on planet earth dont quite balance.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think the OP fairly acciurate but then I am Cherokee live in the woods and know well how far down the road to destruction we are.

I think if folks want to know what is really going on.. go ask the poor of your community.. you''ll see that as always they thin the herd from the bottom first.. you middle class and upper middle class folks will be okay till we are gone.
If you notice a world with the disabled start worrying(LOL* sarcastically meant

The reason the govt started wityh the poor in the nineties is that they new the deminization of them in the press would mean less reaction.. now they have pulled the rug out from under the middle class.. do you now understand that to know what your government is up to ask those of us on the bottom who have a clue..

What a govt will do to one they will do to another> This is why the Indigenous attitude of everyone is a relative resonates with me.. we are all on this same small panet together. headed upriver in a drought.. we'd better all pull together to be kind to each other or watch this world implode from apathy

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join