It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Verbally Abused by a Ranting Mad Man - then not taken seriously by the police when incident reported

page: 6
5
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 




posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

did not say I had medical training .. I am not a doctor.
I have a degree in physiology.
I did not mention he was a wife beater - I SAID he was likely to be a domestic abuser.
There is much evidence to suggest that a man who is abusive to his wife is also abusive to others.
He was also unstable as indicated by his outburst.
Additionally, jaundice whites of the eyes - indicates some quite severe liver disease.
He could have a problem with his blood or hep B or C but I doubt it - my assumption is he is a drinker which would explain his emotional incontinence,


If you knew all that then it doesn't make much sense at all to have stayed in the confrontation. Guess it could have been worse, lucky he wasn't a junky. Seems like better judgment to have left, especially if you were scared. I don't see "brave" in this situation, I see stubborn.
edit on 22-2-2013 by GoodNuz because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by HelenConway
 





I am very self aware - and I am really quite humble.
I am also incredibly honest.


OK I have to poke a little fun at this. I'm really humble too, but I am also the smartest, sexiest man alive.



OK oK maybe not incredibly I am reasonably self aware - is that better.
I am also humble mainly because I have nothing to boast about any way !!!
edit on 22-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   




It's not abusive to call someone a liar repeatedly. Especially when you're lying and you know it.

It's also not rude either. It just means I'm not willing to let you sell this bridge.


a : using harsh insulting language
b : characterized by or serving for abuse
c : physically injurious


Calling you a liar isn't harsh and insulting language. It's my belief that you are not telling the truth.

Again, you claim that man abused you, but here you think me calling you a liar is equally abusive, when it's not abusive at all.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Feb 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: replaced second quote



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla
 


Again, I'm with Helen on this one. To me, you're coming across as rude. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I think you're being very explicit with your implications. Over here, we tend to make a non-committal comment about the issue if we disagree with the speaker and then talk about football instead.

Aggressive? I can't really think of a better way to describe it.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
I wasn't there so I can't comment on the turn of event's....

But come on.....why all the talk suggesting it's not possible that someone can react in such an unprovoked way as the OP describes? There are time's in my life where I have escalated a situation due to my own pride and hot headedness...but I am also equally aware I have come across at least a couple of people similar to how the OP describes...or are we saying those type's of people don't exist?


I think Logos because most of the posters who are calling me a liar etc and stating that I 'provoked' the confrontation are men.

They fail to realise that some men are nasty to women and can be abusive for no good reason.

I have to say though that most people [ men ] on here have been really supportive and that has meant alot.

As has your support,



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodNuz

Originally posted by HelenConway

did not say I had medical training .. I am not a doctor.
I have a degree in physiology.
I did not mention he was a wife beater - I SAID he was likely to be a domestic abuser.
There is much evidence to suggest that a man who is abusive to his wife is also abusive to others.
He was also unstable as indicated by his outburst.
Additionally, jaundice whites of the eyes - indicates some quite severe liver disease.
He could have a problem with his blood or hep B or C but I doubt it - my assumption is he is a drinker which would explain his emotional incontinence,


If you knew all that then it doesn't make much sense at all to have stayed in the confrontation. Guess it could have been worse, lucky he wasn't a junky. Seems like better judgment to have left, especially if you were scared. I don't see "brave" in this situation, I see stubborn.
edit on 22-2-2013 by GoodNuz because: (no reason given)


I see liar. She's not telling the truth. If she thought he was an alcoholic, she would have just went inside. She's making all this up after the fact to coax people into believing the man was at fault -- for sympathy.

It's a way to quell the non believers. It's psychology.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Logos23
I wasn't there so I can't comment on the turn of event's....

But come on.....why all the talk suggesting it's not possible that someone can react in such an unprovoked way as the OP describes? There are time's in my life where I have escalated a situation due to my own pride and hot headedness...but I am also equally aware I have come across at least a couple of people similar to how the OP describes...or are we saying those type's of people don't exist?


I think Logos because most of the posters who are calling me a liar etc and stating that I 'provoked' the confrontation are men.

They fail to realise that some men are nasty to women and can be abusive for no good reason.

I have to say though that most people [ men ] on here have been really supportive and that has meant alot.

As has your support,



No, I fully realize men are nasty to women. I also FULLY REALIZE that women are nasty to men too.

Try seeing it through non-biased goggles next time, not only are you a liar, but you're sexist too.

P.S.

I'm not getting "Attention" like you accused me of. Who is giving me attention?

Lets look at all the people talking to you.... giving you their attention. I really hope you feel horrible about yourself, but you won't, because you have prejudices.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   




haha you are hilarious .. does your mum know you are up ?

don't forget to wash behind your ears sweety ..



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla
[]

I see liar. She's not telling the truth. If she thought he was an alcoholic, she would have just went inside. She's making all this up after the fact to coax people into believing the man was at fault -- for sympathy.

It's a way to quell the non believers. It's psychology.


yea thats me leading a revolutuon to quell the disbelievers haha .

So anyway I think you have made your opinions quite clear and you are entitled to your delusions, I cannot argue with that.

Tell me what do you think about the police - arresting people for political reasons in this country and treating people with such equality that they insist on treating the abusers and the victims equally badly ?



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Laykilla

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Logos23
I wasn't there so I can't comment on the turn of event's....

But come on.....why all the talk suggesting it's not possible that someone can react in such an unprovoked way as the OP describes? There are time's in my life where I have escalated a situation due to my own pride and hot headedness...but I am also equally aware I have come across at least a couple of people similar to how the OP describes...or are we saying those type's of people don't exist?


I think Logos because most of the posters who are calling me a liar etc and stating that I 'provoked' the confrontation are men.

They fail to realise that some men are nasty to women and can be abusive for no good reason.

I have to say though that most people [ men ] on here have been really supportive and that has meant alot.

As has your support,



No, I fully realize men are nasty to women. I also FULLY REALIZE that women are nasty to men too.

Try seeing it through non-biased goggles next time, not only are you a liar, but you're sexist too.


haha you are hilarious .. does your mum know you are up ?

don't forget to wash behind your ears sweety ..


Oh so you're a troll now? Or do you think women are not nasty to men? What part of that statement was untrue?

First you said the man wouldn't have treated you that way if you weren't a woman. Claiming that it happened because you're female.

Now you're saying most of the people who don't believe your hogwash are men [when you have no idea that is even true] and it's likely because they don't believe that women get treated that way for no reason.

When in reality, women can be just as abusive if not more so just as often. [Which you're guilty of, since you got pissed off that you had to move your car and started the whole thing because he was a "poor" driver.]


If I'm a child, then you're a moron.

Do you see what you did there?

Ad-hominem. You're filthy with this thread.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Tell me what do you think about the police - arresting people for political reasons in this country and treating people with such equality that they insist on treating the abusers and the victims equally badly ?


Maybe this is just me, maybe not but I would prefer the police focus on serious crimes (you know: robbery, rape, murder) we have enough of that to keep them very busy rather then babysit two grown ups who had an argument. I think there are a multitude of ways that you could have handled this (you chose your way) but cops need not be bothered. Just my two cents, since you asked.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway
 


Again, the police are not at fault in this case.

As trustworthy as you may be, the police (and us) have no way of knowing. They cannot act on your word because they don't know if it's true or not.

Equally, the other guy might have a spotless record too, in fact he might be the most honest person in the world with a completely different account to yours.

The police did nothing wrong except the lack of professional courtesy presented to you. They should have been more diplomatic and interested in your situation, offered to send a patrol past for the next few nights, gave you some supportive literature, told you to come back with written reports if you had any more problems etc, but they should not have arrested, reprimanded, or even had a chat with the man based solely on your word.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by HelenConway
 


Again, the police are not at fault in this case.

As trustworthy as you may be, the police (and us) have no way of knowing. They cannot act on your word because they don't know if it's true or not.

Equally, the other guy might have a spotless record too, in fact he might be the most honest person in the world with a completely different account to yours.

The police did nothing wrong except the lack of professional courtesy presented to you. They should have been more diplomatic and interested in your situation, offered to send a patrol past for the next few nights, gave you some supportive literature, told you to come back with written reports if you had any more problems etc, but they should not have arrested, reprimanded, or even had a chat with the man based solely on your word.


I don't really think they should have done any of that either, it's a waste of time. They should have told her "Ma'am, the police are not for solving children arguments, act like an adult and deal with it. Go Home."


edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

It is abusive to call someone a liar repeatedly and incredibly rude.


Someone better get the police on the phone, HelenConway feels that she was abused and that somebody was rude. I'll go ahead and ring them myself and let them know. They'll want to hear this pronto.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodNuz
 


If she felt threatened, of course she should inform the police. Any officer would say the same.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway
 


Wait a minute.

Was it ALEX JONES? haha

was he yelling at you? spitting an foaming at the mouth like you are Piers Morgan? No? Whew. ok, no fears.
Even if it was AJ.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo
 


If she felt threatened, she should have walked away and called the police on the spot. Waiting until after it was over and then driving to the police station doesn't really present a convincing case. Maybe the situation is what she says, maybe it being blown out of proportion but if all we have to judge is words and actions of one side, then we're left with making a choice, same as the cops were left with. Actions do sometimes hold weight and in a crisis situation what you do (and don't do) will also tell a story.



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla
 


Our police are friendlier than yours.

From Inspector Gadget's blog:
inspectorgadget.wordpress.com...


I made one of those ‘spur of the moment’ decisions allowed by our unique status last night.

I went down to a ‘suicidal male’ incident on the Swamp estate at the edge of Ruraltown. We get so many of these calls at the moment. PC Mickey ‘The Head’ Thompson and Sergeant ‘Irish’ Stew O’Sullivan spent a good hour talking to a man who had failed to secure a single job interview after thirty applications.

Yesterday, he suddenly managed to secure an interview at the food processing plant on the industrial estate, and the stress of the prospect of further failure had sent him over the edge.

Finally, with the danger passed and him sitting on the ground almost unable to comprehend what we were trying to say to him, the three of us made a momentous decision.

We stood in a small huddle thinking what to do. The crisis team wouldn’t come out to him and were insisting that we section him. We didn’t feel we had the justification. It was not one of those clear-cut jobs. Then it hit me. Let’s go to the job interview with him when we are ‘off duty’ today. Not actually in to the room you understand, but let’s get him up beforehand, take him to the factory and make sure his confidence is ‘up’ before he goes in.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join