It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Abused by a Ranting Mad Man - then not taken seriously by the police when incident reported

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laykilla

Originally posted by Dispo
A few people in this thread have jumped to Helen's defence without batting an eyelid.

A few people in this thread have jumped to the man's defence without batting an eyelid.

Both of these groups of people are literally awful.

Anybody who gets so upset that someone yelled at them, goes to the police station where they tell her deal with it, then rages onto the message board pretending to be the angel that didn't do anything wrong playing the harp for support to patch her shattered snobby ego can't possibly be telling the truth.

I don't need to support the guy when she's told me enough about herself. I've been yelled at numerous times in my life exactly like the OP's story. Sometimes I was wrong and didn't know it, sometimes they were just having a bad day... I've been yelled at by men and women..... News flash; when people get excessively angry, they tend to shout.

Usually they have the right to be excessively angry. This is normal behavior. [Doesn't make it good] However, nobody deserves to be fined or jailed or imprisoned merely because they expressed their dissatisfaction with you verbally.

Lets not be a baby about it. More over, it's best to not try to make a profound statement like "My side is the ONLY truth" and then pick arguments with people who doubt your side.

I asked question to reveal the lie... she was purposefully vague about what the man was actually saying...

Nobody finds that strange? Purposefully vague about what caused him to yell.

She also wants you to believe that she moved the car without a word. And that after he had proceeded to leave because she was no longer obstructing his path, that he just randomly decides to put it back in park and give her a piece of mind.

You KNOW, that she didn't wanna move the car, because she felt he had MORE than enough room and that he was a poor driver. [she said so herself] So when she actually was inconvenienced to the point that she had to go move the car, she was notably irritated and probably said something like "You have plenty of bloody room you [insert expletive here]" and he probably said "F you wench" or something to that affect, and she said something smart back, which prompted the breaks.

That's how it happens.

If he came to her and said "I can't get out, could you please move your car" and she was like "Sure, I'd be happy to" and then moved it without incident, how did it escalate.

Common sense tells you she's not telling the truth and embellishing her parts to make herself look as innocent as possible.

That's all.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

You need to support the abuser - go for it. Have you verbally abused a woman ?
Have you ?

PS love the little dialogue you have made up - as stated i said nothing to him, I did not look at him.

edit on 22-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
What don't you believe ?

That your account could possibly be 100% accurate and complete. Unless you have an incredible sense of self awareness and humility, nobody could ever provide a completely impartial account of an event which involved them in a deeply emotional sense.

It's not your fault, and you may believe you are completely right, but you probably aren't. The other guy will be sat at home now with his wife talking about how terrible you are, completely sure of his account too, which is completely different from yours.

On a personal level, I remember when I used to work in retail, I ran out of the shop after a shop lifter once, got the stuff back and came in feeling like cock of the walk, as you do when you're 18, I remember giving an extremely vivid account of the 20 minute showdown between me and the robber to my co-workers, in which I nearly got punched by a man twice my size. Then we watched the cameras and it lasted about 60 seconds, he handed the stuff back without so much as a funny look and walked off. I never lived that one down.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

in a BMW

Oh. I believe you now.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

You might be right. Obviously not about the impossible part, nothing's impossible, but about the rest of it.

The point I'm trying to make is, you don't need to be rude about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I want to give you a bajillion stars for this post.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What don't you believe ?

That your account could possibly be 100% accurate and complete. Unless you have an incredible sense of self awareness and humility, nobody could ever provide a completely impartial account of an event which involved them in a deeply emotional sense.

It's not your fault, and you may believe you are completely right, but you probably aren't. The other guy will be sat at home now with his wife talking about how terrible you are, completely sure of his account too, which is completely different from yours.

I am very self aware - and I am really quite humble.
I am also incredibly honest.
My account was accurate as stated. I said nothing to him, I did not look at him, I moved my car as requested by my sister, via him [ I was in the house when he approached her in an irritated manner].
He then moved his car past mine, post me moving forward and then he stopped his car and got out and walked about 20 ft to where I was standing, by my sisters garage [at that stage] and tirade began.
I cannot prove anything to you dispo. I can only provide an honest account.
I am not likely to go to the policestation for the first time in my life to report someone - I am in my 40s, if I did not feel seriously aggrieved and vulnerable.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

My estimation is he is a drinker - jaundice eyes and fatty lipomas in the sclera of his eyes. Also his unbalanced demeanour. He is probably a domestic abuser too. I cannot be the only person he has 'exploded'' at in recent times.

This suggests to me that there's really no way you could have held your tongue. Again, I think it's pretty likely that there was a mutual argument. Here you are, calling the man an alcoholic, a woman beater, what have you. It's very unlikely that you just 'stood your ground' without saying anything to him. Not buying it, you gave as good as you got.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

Perhaps it should suggest to you that I am a trained medical professional and recognise certain symptoms ?
the rest is just you making wild assertions..
edit on 22-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

No medical symptom makes him a woman beater, try again.

Just stop it. You argued with him, admit it. He told you move the car, you told him he had plenty of room.... he got mad because you wouldn't move the car, you finally did, and when he was driving away you called him a drunk or a domestic abuser and he hit the breaks.

This was clearly 100% a mutual argument. You are no angel, you are a liar.

You went to the police because you felt like you lost the argument and you wanted to prove to him that you won by getting him arrested.

Which you failed at doing.

So to pick up the broken pieces, you turn to the internet for a pick me up and some support...

The part that really has you right now, is us people on the internet figured out so fast that you're full of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Perhaps it should suggest to you that I am a trained medical professional and recognise certain symptoms ?

Which part of your extensive medical training allows you to diagnose a man as being a wife-beating alcoholic? What kind of school did you go to for that? Two or four years?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

in a BMW

Oh. I believe you now.

???
It was a 5 series - gives you an idea of size.
I do not care if you believe me or not to be honest. I will never meet you - or talk to you your are just someone on the internet,

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Just stop it. You argued with him, admit it. He told you move the car, you told him he had plenty of room.... he got mad because you wouldn't move the car, you finally did, and when he was driving away you called him a drunk or a domestic abuser and he hit the breaks.

read what you have written here ?
you are obviously getting off on your abuse here .. am I right ?
Gives you a kick getting the attention ?
I ask you again -

Have you verbally abused women ?

Also as stated many times I said NOTHING to him.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I........... I................ I............. I................. I......... I .................
I.......... I..... I........ I.......

Humility.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I ask you again -

It's not abuse for me to tell you I don't believe you.

What I did right there is no different than what a police officer would do during interrogation with someone they do not trust.

You give it away by your reaction. Why don't you just tell us what REALLY happened, it's getting tired already. (You know what really happened, you provoked him because he was a bad driver and that inconvenienced you.)

Have I verbally abused woman?

No. I don't abuse anyone. Men or women, there is no difference -- I don't yell at either of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Domo was making the joke that BMW drivers are, in general, penilecraniums.

link   

Originally posted by Monger

Which part of your extensive medical training allows you to diagnose a man as being a wife-beating alcoholic? What kind of school did you go to for that? Two or four years?

did not say I had medical training .. I am not a doctor.
I have a degree in physiology.
I did not mention he was a wife beater - I SAID he was likely to be a domestic abuser.
There is much evidence to suggest that a man who is abusive to his wife is also abusive to others.
He was also unstable as indicated by his outburst.
Additionally, jaundice whites of the eyes - indicates some quite severe liver disease.
He could have a problem with his blood or hep B or C but I doubt it - my assumption is he is a drinker which would explain his emotional incontinence,

link   
I wasn't there so I can't comment on the turn of event's....

But come on.....why all the talk suggesting it's not possible that someone can react in such an unprovoked way as the OP describes? There are time's in my life where I have escalated a situation due to my own pride and hot headedness...but I am also equally aware I have come across at least a couple of people similar to how the OP describes...or are we saying those type's of people don't exist?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Domo was making the joke that BMW drivers are, in general, penilecraniums.

what does that mean ?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

People with BMWs tend to be idiots.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I am also incredibly honest.

OK I have to poke a little fun at this. I'm really humble too, but I am also the smartest, sexiest man alive.

OP my only real issue with the narrative is the police angle. Then again if you're not used to confrontation this could have ruined your day and without being insulting I can easily understand why you may not be in the right frame of mind to understand this from a LE angle. They really can't just take your word for it, and if you don't call it doesn't seem like a big deal. Just call next time.

I wouldn't be scared, just wary. I also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up apologizing. Sometimes people are going through some really rough #### and vent the wrong way. I did a few times after my father passed away and had to make a few apologies for my behavior. I actually still owe someone that, think I'll give it a go tomorrow.

link   

link   

I ask you again -

It's not abuse for me to tell you I don't believe you.

What I did right there is no different than what a police officer would do during interrogation with someone they do not trust.

You give it away by your reaction. Why don't you just tell us what REALLY happened, it's getting tired already. (You know what really happened, you provoked him because he was a bad driver and that inconvenienced you.)

Have I verbally abused woman?

No. I don't abuse anyone. Men or women, there is no difference -- I don't yell at either of them.

Ok glad to hear it,

It is abusive to call someone a liar repeatedly and incredibly rude.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join