It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Abused by a Ranting Mad Man - then not taken seriously by the police when incident reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Freedom of speech,

is it so difficult for you to understand unless you are not the one speaking it?
If you don't like what someone is saying, walk away.

Soon enough people like him and people like you that complain about people like him will be carted off into oblivion. Let him have his say as mental as he is and move on.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I've never understood the 'batting an eyelid' thing. I don't run around batting my eyelids at anything. I'm not even sure how one would go around batting ones eyelids. Baseball bat? A flying mammal? Colour me confused.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by Dispo

I've never understood the 'batting an eyelid' thing. I don't run around batting my eyelids at anything. I'm not even sure how one would go around batting ones eyelids. Baseball bat? A flying mammal? Colour me confused.

It's when someone blinks dramatically and rolls their eyes up in a sarcastic manner. It's a highly insulting gesture.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

yes calling someone a liar is abusive,
Tell me - have you ever threatened a woman ? Do you have temper outbursts ? Do you lose control ?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You seem to have expanded the polite "I don't believe you" in to a gigantic tirade of sort of pseudo-aggressive mean words in which you belittle and demean the OP excessively in order to get your point across.

I've been saying all along to the OP "I don't believe you" but I haven't called her an attention seeking liar who RUINED THE WORLD OH MY GOD AND I BET SHE CAUSED THE IRAQ WAR TOO.

You are a mean person.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I was going to ignore Monger's post as I couldn't tell if he was being serious or joking (due to the earlier ridiculously specific argument he made against someone else) but I just want to let you know that you're way off the mark with your explanation.

link   

Originally posted by dianashay
Freedom of speech,

is it so difficult for you to understand unless you are not the one speaking it?
If you don't like what someone is saying, walk away.

Soon enough people like him and people like you that complain about people like him will be carted off into oblivion. Let him have his say as mental as he is and move on.

No I disagree - not with freedom of speech, but with abusive threatening behaviour being dismissed as such.
Shouting, ranting, getting in a smaller persons face, or the opposite sex is NOT acceptable.

Do you think it is ok in the name of freedom of speech to verbally abuse and threaten children or animals.. I am sure you do not.

Sometimes you have to stand up to bullies, not let them get away with it,

link   
OP it sounds to me like you are angry that you stood there and let someone yell at you and now want to vent on the internet. If you were truly fearful, why did you not dial 999 immediately? Why take the time to go all the way to the police station?

I find it strange that you're taking any issue with the police on the matter. They can't just go around taking everyones story at face value. I also fail to see how you felt intimidated by the woman you spoke to. You have now accused a member in this thread of being abusive, a man on the street and a police officer. I would think it may be time to take a good look at yourself.

Understand that feeling threatened is not the same as being threatened either. If he made no verbal threats, what are the police supposed to do? Tell him he's not allowed to get mad when you block his car?

Another part of your story that seems a little off is that you moved you're car so he could get by, but then you say you weren't blocking him. It sounds like you've admitted to blocking him, and perhaps he's tired of it. I don't agree with his approach, I just don't think you are some innocent little flower.

In the future, should you actually feel threatened, call the police right away. I don't know how this isn't obvious. You're over 40 and you don't know how to deal with someone yelling at you or in your words "threatening" you?

link   
reply to post by dianashay

Freedom of speech is not everything, and it is not absolute.
There was an implied physical threat here, with a potential to become a reality. Hence the fear that Helen expressed.
If a physical threat had been made explicitly, that would have been a criminal offence, and "freedom of speech" would be no defence.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Assuming the OP's version is entirely correct for this post (even though it's probably not), she handled it perfectly. Why would you ring the emergency response team to deal with a situation which is not an emergency?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by HelenConway

My estimation is he is a drinker - jaundice eyes and fatty lipomas in the sclera of his eyes. Also his unbalanced demeanour. He is probably a domestic abuser too. I cannot be the only person he has 'exploded'' at in recent times.

This suggests to me that there's really no way you could have held your tongue. Again, I think it's pretty likely that there was a mutual argument. Here you are, calling the man an alcoholic, a woman beater, what have you. It's very unlikely that you just 'stood your ground' without saying anything to him. Not buying it, you gave as good as you got.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You should have just walked away and ignored the prickster, with the contempt he rightly deserved. Then if he touched you or your property, you then ring the police and have him arrested. Personally I would have given him a dig. But I am a guy.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Another part of your story that seems a little off is that you moved you're car so he could get by, but then you say you weren't blocking him. It sounds like you've admitted to blocking him, and perhaps he's tired of it. I don't agree with his approach, I just don't think you are some innocent little flower.

In the future, should you actually feel threatened, call the police right away. I don't know how this isn't obvious. You're over 40 and you don't know how to deal with someone yelling at you or in your words "threatening" you?

Yes maybe I should call the police right away next time - but actually I am quite stoical and it takes alot to rile me.

The parking space is at the topp of a small lane - with 4 houses and opposite my sisters house.

It means that it is a tightish squeeze to get a car through, maybe a foot on either side for a 4WD, he was in a BMW - and I moved my car because he was fussing at my sister and I just wanted to keep the peace,

He is obviously a crap driver. I can take a picture tomorrow and show you exactly what I mean.

Bear in mind we are talking about ancient country lanes that are about 500 plus years old.

However as stated again - i have been completely honest in my account,.

link   

Originally posted by Dispo

You seem to have expanded the polite "I don't believe you" in to a gigantic tirade of sort of pseudo-aggressive mean words in which you belittle and demean the OP excessively in order to get your point across.

I've been saying all along to the OP "I don't believe you" but I haven't called her an attention seeking liar who RUINED THE WORLD OH MY GOD AND I BET SHE CAUSED THE IRAQ WAR TOO.

You are a mean person.

thank you dispo - I think

What don't you believe ?

link   

I was actually frightened and felt he was going to hit me, but I refused to back away and I refused to move and I spoke to him calmly and asked him to stop shouting.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.
Walk away. What was to be gained by not doing so?

It's too bad you got yelled at but there is nothing the police could have done about it after the fact. BTW, what was your sister doing while this was going on?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I think if you ever find yourself in a position again where you feel threatened by someone screaming and getting in your face to such an extent you are eyeball to eyeball and he is spitting in your face then I would advice you to contact the police as it is happening at the scene.....they would have to take it more seriously if it was a call out rather than an after the event reporting to a policeman/woman behind a desk.

Taking you at face value from what you said I think you behaved with a lot of dignity. I am a very law abiding citizen and a woman...but if someone approached me in the manner you described I would be tempted to knock them out!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

My estimation is he is a drinker - jaundice eyes and fatty lipomas in the sclera of his eyes. Also his unbalanced demeanour. He is probably a domestic abuser too. I cannot be the only person he has 'exploded'' at in recent times.

This suggests to me that there's really no way you could have held your tongue. Again, I think it's pretty likely that there was a mutual argument. Here you are, calling the man an alcoholic, a woman beater, what have you. It's very unlikely that you just 'stood your ground' without saying anything to him. Not buying it, you gave as good as you got.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

Perhaps it should suggest to you that I am a trained medical professional and recognise certain symptoms ?
the rest is just you making wild assertions..
edit on 22-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
A few people in this thread have jumped to Helen's defence without batting an eyelid.

A few people in this thread have jumped to the man's defence without batting an eyelid.

Both of these groups of people are literally awful.

Anybody who gets so upset that someone yelled at them, goes to the police station where they tell her deal with it, then rages onto the message board pretending to be the angel that didn't do anything wrong playing the harp for support to patch her shattered snobby ego can't possibly be telling the truth.

I don't need to support the guy when she's told me enough about herself. I've been yelled at numerous times in my life exactly like the OP's story. Sometimes I was wrong and didn't know it, sometimes they were just having a bad day... I've been yelled at by men and women..... News flash; when people get excessively angry, they tend to shout.

Usually they have the right to be excessively angry. This is normal behavior. [Doesn't make it good] However, nobody deserves to be fined or jailed or imprisoned merely because they expressed their dissatisfaction with you verbally.

Lets not be a baby about it. More over, it's best to not try to make a profound statement like "My side is the ONLY truth" and then pick arguments with people who doubt your side.

I asked question to reveal the lie... she was purposefully vague about what the man was actually saying...

Nobody finds that strange? Purposefully vague about what caused him to yell.

She also wants you to believe that she moved the car without a word. And that after he had proceeded to leave because she was no longer obstructing his path[she claims she wasn't, she says he said nobody should park there, this tells even if she wasn't blocking him, she was really close, and that, it wasn't a traditional parking space] that he just randomly decides to put it back in park and give her a piece of mind.

You KNOW, that she didn't wanna move the car, because she felt he had MORE than enough room and that he was a poor driver. [she said so herself] So when she actually was inconvenienced to the point that she had to go move the car [which was not parked in a traditional spot], she was notably irritated and probably said something like "You have plenty of bloody room you [insert expletive here]" and he probably said "F you wench" or something to that affect, and she said something smart back, which prompted the breaks.

That's how it happens.

If he came to her and said "I can't get out, could you please move your car" and she was like "Sure, I'd be happy to" and then moved it without incident, how did it escalate.

Common sense tells you she's not telling the truth and embellishing her parts to make herself look as innocent as possible.

That's all.

You are no Angel, stop it.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Ahh that is it - I don't think he would have been that way at all with another man.
I think the fact that I am a woman enraged him.
But Davy thanks again

Do you honestly think that any of this has anything whatsoever to do with your gender? You're clearly not an unintelligent woman, but what's quoted above is an exceedingly stupid thing to say. Frankly, you should be ashamed for so much as suggesting that people aren't buying your story hook line and sinker because you're a woman.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

I think if you ever find yourself in a position again where you feel threatened by someone screaming and getting in your face to such an extent you are eyeball to eyeball and he is spitting in your face then I would advice you to contact the police as it is happening at the scene.....they would have to take it more seriously if it was a call out rather than an after the event reporting to a policeman/woman behind a desk.

Taking you at face value from what you said I think you behaved with a lot of dignity. I am a very law abiding citizen and a woman...but if someone approached me in the manner you described I would be tempted to knock them out!

thank you Logos. that is good advice - it just so goes against the grain to ring 911 /999 - never done it before.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join